QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI, an in development modulated Body with no Mr Universe Biceps that will be available for purchase in later 2019.
a7037ab05b69d96c4f166bd753432f63.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Thanks Nanjin!!!

Any news you can tell us about Kirk 2.0 or Spock 2.0?
Or any STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE figure news (it’s the 40 anniversary this year as you know)?

We all appreciate your hard work, so thrilled to be filling out the TOS crew, can’t wait to see Uhura [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks like new tunic material. That material looks like it could work for a Kirk wrap around tunic.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

FYI, the tunic was only a test for possible improvements. There are NO plans in doing season 2.

A better fabric was used when I proto'd the green wrap last year.

Also, as of now, no plans for my Spock 3.0 (version 2.0 is what we have now)

Last edited:
Ah, so it sounds like it's only the slimmer body that will be made available (for use with previous figures), and this wasn't meant to be a preview of a new Spock figure. Got it. :)

FYI, the tunic was only a test for possible improvements. There are NO plans in doing season 2.

A better fabric was used when I proto'd the green wrap last year.

Also, as of now, no plans for my Spock 3.0 (version 2.0 is what we have now)

I take this opportunity to mention that making Trek 1/6 is both my hobby and work. Making new, improved, or different Trek figures are more related to my personal interest, production is related to my work.

Because I dont depend on my work to feed myself, I have tunnel vision. At the end of the tunnel is 1/6 Trek existence. Thus, my Prime Directive is 1/6 Trek survival and well being. I will do Anything in my power to uphold my Prime Directive.

Thanks for the update, Captain. Live long and prosper[emoji106].

Psst..when will we have 7 of 9?[emoji16]

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

So all of you changing to the slimmer body - how do you get off the boots? I am seriously worried about the leather breaking if I force them off. They seem so delicate. Or would we just leave the foot with joint in and slip it with the joint on the new body? Can the joint easily gotten out of the leg? Questions for later I guess.

I wonder if these bodies are being done separate from QMx, or a side project from Nanjin? Either way I'm interested in picking up a couple. Also a quick update on my scuffed up Sulu, Sideshow is sending me a replacement head. So now he'll be able to take his place with the rest of the crew.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So they aren’t rereleasing Kirk and Spock?!?!:huh:huh:huh

I was very surprised by that too. Doesn't quite make sense. There's definitely a demand, and you'd probably sell a few more of the side characters with new collectors. Seems like it'd be a good business decision to do and collector friendly.

So they aren’t rereleasing Kirk and Spock?!?!:huh:huh:huh
I've bought McCoy, Khan and Picard based on Nanjin's posts about the new Kirk and Spock figures. I've also got Scotty and Sulu on pre-order. I'll be pretty miffed if that's not happening and I've been suckered into buying a line I'll never complete.

If that's the case, I'm out right now. I respect QMx for doing these figures, but if they don't give new collectors the chance to complete the set then that's poor form. Not only that, but after ditching Firefly after Mal and Inigo from The Princess Bride looking a little uncertain, this will be the third time I've been burned by them. No more chances. They'd be insane to do it, as it'd straight up kill their 1/6 figure lines.

I don't think it was just Nanjin either. Pretty sure QMX also said in their Q&A that they'd be releasing a new Kirk and Spock at some point.

But it's starting to look like the only thing we can really trust anymore is what actually goes up for preorder.

I'm still fairly sure that they will do it but they may not want to delay the release of new characters at this point. If they don't, knock off sculpts will start appearing soon enough. I'm 100% convinced that there will be a way to get Kirk and Spock. Their popularity is undying.

Back