QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not releasing wraparound green tunic Kirk literally makes zero sense to me, given what an easy variant it is (literally just a new top), that it is a release that both those who have been on board from the start and those late to the line would be interested in buying, and that it is iconic enough a look to work as either a collector's only Kirk, or as a worthwhile second version of the character. Not to mention that the available Captain's chair also allows for a perfect one off display piece for both those who just had/wanted kirk alone, or as a great secondary display for those who would now have two kirks (one to go in a crew display, the other in the chair).

Spock I can understand the company being a little reticent on revisiting, worried they already met most of the demand with the original release, though I think they are mistaken, and that a 'fascinating' head sculpt would sell well to collectors both old and new. But that alternate Kirk just seems like such a no brainer home run that I just don't understand any reluctance there whatsoever.

I missed out on Kirk and Spock the first time, and while they’re good figures, not worth the aftermarket price to me by a long-shot.

So I respect that if you miss out, your problem — I get that and don’t expect anything.

But in terms of potential sales, it’s missing out on those 2 cornerstone releases that will prevent me from ever collecting the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I missed out on Kirk and Spock the first time, and while they’re good figures, not worth the aftermarket price to me by a long-shot.

So I respect that if you miss out, your problem — I get that and don’t expect anything.

But in terms of potential sales, it’s missing out on those 2 cornerstone releases that will prevent me from ever collecting the line.

Yeah, they are gateway figures. New releases make sense as you will get both first timers and completists showing interest. I'm completely sure we'll get them ; it's just a question of when.

Obviously QMX knows what the aftermarket prices are. Personally, I'd rather give them my money, but if they dont want it, fine.

I also think Kirk and Spock are gateway figures and rereleasing them just make sense. But look, if qmx isn't interested in money or driving up demand for secondary figures because someone can get the primaries (which they cannot right now), then I guess that's their business model and it's up to them. Also personally, I think if they were going to do rereleases (or new editions of original TOS era Kirk and Spock), even if they plan if for 2022, then they should announce it sooner rather than later to give people vaguely interested in the secondary figures reasons to buy. But look, I'm not a toy maker so what do I know.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Not releasing wraparound green tunic Kirk literally makes zero sense to me, given what an easy variant it is (literally just a new top), that it is a release that both those who have been on board from the start and those late to the line would be interested in buying, and that it is iconic enough a look to work as either a collector's only Kirk, or as a worthwhile second version of the character. Not to mention that the available Captain's chair also allows for a perfect one off display piece for both those who just had/wanted kirk alone, or as a great secondary display for those who would now have two kirks (one to go in a crew display, the other in the chair).

Spock I can understand the company being a little reticent on revisiting, worried they already met most of the demand with the original release, though I think they are mistaken, and that a 'fascinating' head sculpt would sell well to collectors both old and new. But that alternate Kirk just seems like such a no brainer home run that I just don't understand any reluctance there whatsoever.

Agreed. They would have no trouble selling out of Kirks in every variation of uniform, whether to those who missed out on previous versions or to those like me who just want to collect every one. And each one would probably be a bigger seller than Scotty, Sulu, Chekov or Chapel.

I mean, come on QMX. Just look at how damn cool he looks in my avatar pic with the wraparaound. :D

Release Kirk in wrap around tunic and Spock in the shiny dress top and you got your "new" versions. Big mistake not reissuing these high profile in demand(over Sulu or Chekov) characters

I've bought McCoy, Khan and Picard based on Nanjin's posts about the new Kirk and Spock figures. I've also got Scotty and Sulu on pre-order. I'll be pretty miffed if that's not happening and I've been suckered into buying a line I'll never complete.

If that's the case, I'm out right now. I respect QMx for doing these figures, but if they don't give new collectors the chance to complete the set then that's poor form. Not only that, but after ditching Firefly after Mal and Inigo from The Princess Bride looking a little uncertain, this will be the third time I've been burned by them. No more chances. They'd be insane to do it, as it'd straight up kill their 1/6 figure lines.
You will see something.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Yeah... that was super disappointing... got the first three... really nice... waiting for the chair and more characters then gone... meanwhile missed out on QMX.

I agree with both these unfortunately because I would really like a second crack at Spock. Things I've read make me think it will happen ... then other times not so much.

Spock I can understand the company being a little reticent on revisiting, worried they already met most of the demand with the original release, though I think they are mistaken, and that a 'fascinating' head sculpt would sell well to collectors both old and new.

They should take a page out of Asmus' book and sell the updated sculpts separate. Make it limited to just their website or something so it's not a huge encroaching thing on the sale of the 2.0s, but let it be a small token of appreciation for long time supporters. They're better off making a sale on a bonus sculpt than no sale at all on a 2.0.

I don’t think Kirk and Spock will ever have any issues selling. They are too iconic.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that there will be folks who bought the 1.0s who won't buy the 2.0s and double up. Rather than lose a sale, they could get at least the purchase of a new headsculpt out of them.

I've got the original Kirk and Spock and the only one I would double-dip on would be a green wrap shirt Kirk. No interest in Spock 2.0.

This way, as previously mentioned many times, I can have one Kirk sitting on his chair and the other with the "Away Team"...

If Spock 2.0 head sculpt is fascinating, I would definitely purchase one loose, if available.

Back