QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the negativity came from the line seeming to be dead with no updates on all of the amazing figures that were teased at SDCC...once again that seems justifiable. Since Nanjin reassured everyone that there is life in the line and then shortly after Scotty finally released and Sulu is clearly on the way there has been overwhelming positivity. I think most of us would agree that another collector posting about having paid and not received a shipping notice while others have, is a legitimate question and effort to compare notes to understand the status of an order and does not qualify as "negativity" toward the figure line.

I wonder if the two runs of Scotty were planned or if the popularity of the figures caught them off guard. Aaron said his initial order was confirmed before they bumped 25% of his order to the second run. Annoying but even a 6 month wait is quite short compared to most pre-orders isn't it? This assumes they meet that deadline though.

I wonder if the two runs of Scotty were planned or if the popularity of the figures caught them off guard. Aaron said his initial order was confirmed before they bumped 25% of his order to the second run. Annoying but even a 6 month wait is quite short compared to most pre-orders isn't it? This assumes they meet that deadline though.

To be honest any theories or insight on what went on with Scotty would be welcome...I am still scratching my head over the sell out. McCoy, Khan, Picard sat around for years...even assuming that Scotty is universally more popular than Picard and McCoy and the run was severely limited such a quick sell out still baffles me...

To be honest any theories or insight on what went on with Scotty would be welcome...I am still scratching my head over the sell out. McCoy, Khan, Picard sat around for years...even assuming that Scotty is universally more popular than Picard and McCoy and the run was severely limited such a quick sell out still baffles me...

Pickard , McCoy and Khan have been sitting in the
Bin for ages.

I just can’t believe Scotty can be more popular
than McCoy. My guess is there is some “ gamesmanship “
going on behind the scene with QMX distribution of Scotty.
Don’t get me wrong. The last thing we want is TOS drop to a haunt
and Scotty join Pickard, McCoy , Khan’s faith

Let’s hope Sulu will be coming out soon without the distribution
issues

My wild guess is limited numbers. But also -- I don't know if everyone else thought so, but I wasn't overly impressed with the Picard sculpt. Had it been a homerun I may have got one. Khan is a villain and outside of Vader and Stormtroopers I think villains don't sell as well? I could be wrong. And Scotty is possibly a more charismatic character than McCoy, although both of them have big roles in the mythos with great go-to lines.

So...limited numbers, staggered drops?

Just wild speculation on a Sunday.

Picard sales almost certainly suffered due to the staining issue but I do think they over estimated with him. Khan was a surprise to everyone. He wasn't the most iconic version of the character and he popped up very early in the run. Great figure but probably even more niche than say Kor, Kang, Koloth, or the Romulan Commander would be, given that the TWOK version was also coming.

The junior crew members will definitely be smaller runs and that should ensure that they sell out quickly. McCoy sales might pick up again with the Kirk and Spock re-issues.

I slept on Scotty but luckily my waitlist just converted. I have every other figure in the line so rally glad I didn’t miss this one!

Sulu is up on Sideshow for pre-order, but not on QMX???

d5a00de91ee2f05c303905c55a6c0478.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaron has written on Facebook that those who didn't get the email will be in wave 2, which is supposed to ship June-ish. QMx cut his order by over 25% for some reason, but all orders will be fulfilled in time.

Received my pre-emptive tracking number yesterday for wave 1, which ships Tuesday/Wednesday.

Now they say Scotty wave 2 due July to September 2019 and disabled comment. I've learnt now not to pay in full it doesn't necessarily secure you an earlier fulfillment. Deposits are the way to go.

Well Nanjin did say that there would be some "glitches" in the distribution of Scotty and Sulu, so this must have been what he was talking about. Hopefully things will go a lot more smoothly for figures coming afterwards.

So nanjin wasn't silenced, he just bailed before all these release date shenanigans kicked in. Smart man... :lol

Just opened up Scotty, and I love this line more with each release. Outstanding figure!

Be warned, crappy cell phone pics beaming up now:
4e49f4ebdbf349f79ca96f8ed4e4ae40.jpg
aca8003fabe47d59d046d407ea63c615.jpg
4cdbe1e1a9a9a902886ebc82841155be.jpg
bf3003d307c665ba1ae04213a3d7ebcf.jpg
7264d8a5a2b16b30eea2d8f06d69987d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pickard , McCoy and Khan have been sitting in the
Bin for ages.

I just can’t believe Scotty can be more popular
than McCoy. My guess is there is some “ gamesmanship “
going on behind the scene with QMX distribution of Scotty.
Don’t get me wrong. The last thing we want is TOS drop to a haunt
and Scotty join Pickard, McCoy , Khan’s faith

Let’s hope Sulu will be coming out soon without the distribution
issues

Believe it. I like Scotty better than McCoy and Spock. He's my second favorite TOS character.

Hoping that Sulu holds on just a couple more days. I was gonna preorder him today but my son's birthday got a little pricier than I thought. Now I have to wait till Thursday. Lol

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

I was originally only going to buy the big three: Kirk, Spock and McCoy. Then I almost sold all three on e-bay for crazy money when I thought the line was dead. I'm SO glad I didn't.

Here is my current Star Trek situation...
20190312_223604.jpg

Sulu is on a payment plan at SS and after I saw the sneak peek of Geordi and Worf on Nanjin's desk I bought Picard today and he will be arriving Friday. So it appears that I AM in for the long haul for both TOS and TNG figures. What an AWESOME line up so far, thank you Nanjin/QMX!

Last edited:
Back