QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QMX needs someone like Nanjin to engage with us collectors, to drum up business and excitement. This is really foolish on QMX's part. Dumb, dumb dumb business practice.

This is really foolish on QMX's part. Dumb, dumb dumb business practice.

Not really. This is fairly standard practice for most businesses actually. I was glad Nanjin renewed everyone’s faith in the series, but I honestly was surprised he had been allowed to say as much as he had. Let’s be honest, he more or less promised the entire Trek universe... What happens if that doesn’t happen? Who’s going to get the blame? Nanjin? Not likely. QMX would get raked over the coals if, for whatever reason, the line doesn’t turn out the way Nanjin said it would — and they still might. We should be glad we got as much as we did and not take this franchise for granted when product gets announced.

Some 1/6 scale aliens with professionally made costumes would be awesome.

There’s no way my custom kit bashes will look as good as an official release.

A956E20C-0716-427B-89DD-7AE44126FC87.jpeg

I'm not even a big enterprise guy but I'd take Archer and T'Pol if they're made. Maybe even Phlox or Hoshi. Next Gen I'm all in and DS9 I'd probably be pretty all in too. I'd be pickier on Voyager but would still buy several.

Nanjin do we have any more alien type crew coming? I know we will get Worf. Any chance of a Quark for DS9? All those custom Ferengi pics got me to craving the real thing. Maybe one figure a year could be an enemy or opposing alien of some kind? That way we can get some Romulans, Klingons, Cardassians, etc.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Nanjin not posting here anymore will relegate this thread to page 2 and 3. I fear now news on the line will slow to an even slower crawl and back to the old 2 a year if we're lucky ideology.

There wasn't. The photo of Riker was him in front of the prototype twok chair on the work bench. Lol

Oh yeah, of course it was. It's been too long since I watched TNG. The TOS chair was not a fast seller although people are still buying it at a sale price. Maybe if they are less ambitious with the whistles and bells to keep the price down we might see it. I want a movie era bridge display so the movie chair would be the one I want.

Nanjin not posting here anymore will relegate this thread to page 2 and 3. I fear now news on the line will slow to an even slower crawl and back to the old 2 a year if we're lucky ideology.

Nanjin's posts here were becoming one of the highlights of my day...but realistically I do not imagine that Nanjin's post or lack thereof will have ANY impact on the amazing work that he is doing on this line or affect the release schedule of the figures at all..

So he isn't even allowed to post here some news and such??? That is ridiculous

I wouldn't lose too much hope. A month ago we were convinced the Trek line was dead and Nanjin had been let go by QMX, so things can always change again. And I wouldn't be surprised if he pops up in here again at some point.

Either way I think this kicked the excitement of this line way past where it's been in a long time. I don't think it'll just die off, especially if the reveals and releases come as fast as they are.

Well I just got my shipping soon notice for Scotty from Sideshow. He ships out on Wednesday! Can’t wait to get him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either way I think this kicked the excitement of this line way past where it's been in a long time. I don't think it'll just die off, especially if the reveals and releases come as fast as they are.

That is what I'm afraid of- he really got this thread going BIG TIME with excitement and interest- now it might slump because of lack of teasing and hope shown by him!

Don't get me wrong I love this site but worst case scenario Nanjin choosing not to post will kill this thread...it's not going to kill the figure line. I had a huge collection of 1/6 scale figures long before I ever discovered this site and if it ever closes shop I will continue to grow my collection without skipping a beat. It may be a little absurd to suggest that lack of posts on this site will truly impact this line.

Not lack of posts. I'm worried QmX saw him over promising and ordered him to stop posting. He's hyping all these releases and their plans are different. I'd love to be wrong. I'd kill for some 1/6 Voyager figures.

I hear you...I work for a company that deals with what I would describe as a popular form of entertainment...we are very protective about our plans leaking out because based upon our marketing strategies information reaching the market prematurely can have a negative impact on us financially in a few different ways. We see tons of online rumors and the only thing that troubles us more than false information leaking out is when accurate information gets out before we are prepared to make official announcements...if QMX is anything like us then that could mean good news for collectors regarding the information that Nanjin shared.

Yeah I can see how it wouldn't be good for QMX if people starting being a lot more picky about the figures being released now, after hearing how many other characters are in the pipeline that they might want to wait for instead. And that's why I was initially going to pass on Scotty and Sulu myself, since I was looking far ahead and trying to decide which ones I could live without.

I think it's probably much better for the Trek line and QMX if we just sort of take it one figure at a time instead.

Yep...it was great fun to have Nanjin whet our appetites a little but when it reaches the point that folks are pretty much directly asking Nanjin for release dates for figures that for all intents and purposes are non-existent...I can understand where a license holder could start to become a little antsy.

I am not a Trek collector, but this thread is inspiring.

To see the creator interact with the buyers in such a way , its really amazing.

The figures are really great also, some serious great sculpts showing up.

The production level is also impressive. I have been rooting for a company to take on the big boy for a while...

QMX , keep up the great work, the collector world is watching!

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Back