QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF is that all about- very communicative then OUT just like that- no reason. I feel this whole thing is very odd...

Or creating inflated expectations that Qmx perhaps don't want to risk being held accountable for... :dunno

Either way, Scotty and Sulu are on the way, and nanjin is working hard to bring us more Trek goodness in future, so just have to take it as it comes, I guess.

Well, that's a shame. The interaction garnered a lot of goodwill.

Anyways, today: Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

IMG_20190301_123503_431.jpg

Or maybe Nanjin himself just felt that after getting the Trek line back on track, it would be smarter to hang back more and not risk damaging his relationship with QMX in any way. Which is probably the right way to go.

lol well he outlined several releases that we've never seen for us so I can't blame them too much. Glad to get the knowledge while we could!

I don't think there is any reason for QMx to punish or restrict Nanjin. He hasn't spilled any undue beans, quite on the contrary, he has stoked fans cleverly.
I hate this sillyness. He's mingling with us is forward thinking, in my opinion. And if you read the posts you can notice love was in the air. Everybody exposing their Trek background to Nanjin's taxonomy. Heck it was beautiful! Even I was feeling like sharing mine, as weak as it is! Now I won't.
And if this is QMx's doing, shame on them!

My 8 year old son was admiring the Star Trek line up on the shelf and was asking how the details could be so perfect at such a small scale. I fired up the 5 minute YouTube video of Nanjin at the QMX booth to show the amount of care that goes into these figures and his mind was blown. Thanks Nanjin for not only creating amazing figures but for contributing to some cool Father and Son moments too.

What video? Is there any link?

Definitely group 2 here, but TOS is where my heart is because of my parents (despite my father preferring TNG). I might even skip lunch here and there for it. :rotfl

My mom would watch it in Germany on a tiny TV in her attic growing up. The travel, mystery, and adventure of the series is what she loved. Dad grew up in the US and would watch it (being 10 years older) for the science and social commentary. I always found it so fascinating that the same series elicited such a different response from two people countries apart.

Now as a scientist myself I love the predictions and forward thought regarding everything the show clearly had for the time, and just how much ingenuity and creativity it brought. So I sort of get to enjoy both of their halves together as a result.

That is indeed a beautiful story, right there!!

Our childhood still influencing on what we do now.
I hope these Trek figures can one day help the friends remembering certain imagine from their childhood, so their long forgotten self can be waken, remembering who they wanted to be when they were young.
I did. I remembered who I was, and how I am not, and why.

Heck. Things were getting metaphysical when they shut him out...

This is me too. Grew up on TOS reruns...anticipated and watched TNG's premiere as a child on its first night, and have not missed a Star Trek show or movie since and LOVE them all! Deep Space Nine has always been my personal favorite and I was skeptical about Discovery from the trailers and early information and decided that I would not watch it. I caved and decided to give it a try and am glad I did because it simply continues the amazing legacy of high quality entertainment that has come from Star Trek!

In my sparse brushes with Trek, I keep a very fond memory of that TNG pilot, Encounter at Farpoint (I and II)... Those were the days of 198...8 I guess...?

This pretty much describes why I purchased the half-price TOS captains chair on Thinkgeek even though the figure who'll be sitting in it (Picard) is from a completely era.

Right before I read nanjin's farewell, I wanted to ask him if the sleek TNG chairs/stations would be somehow represented.... :-(((((

NANJIN, YOU DO BELONG IN HERE WITH US! PLEASE COME BACK!

Thanks,
m.

wow. They silenced him. That stinks. One of the things I love so much about this whole thing is how interactive Nanjin is with the fans. He is by far the best of his kind in this industry and as everyone saw, his genuine passion for this stuff is evident. I wish the other companies would be as interactive as Nanjin. We would get more stuff we want and be able to plan accordingly and understand why exactly we can't have this or that figure. I hope he can come back, even if he can't spill as many beans as he was. He's a good guy and it's fun to have an inside guy to talk trek with here.

Hello folks, I had a wonderful time talking with you guys.

I dont belong in this post, so I will leave.

Feel free to visit me on FB or PM me if you have some abnotmal issues with the products received.

Take care [emoji868]

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Well that sucks. This thread just lost its appeal.

Nah, no need to return to negativity. Things are looking way up. Nanjin just isn't the Qmx spokesperson and has plenty to be getting on with. He'll still be teasing on Facebook. We can post those here.

Nah, no need to return to negativity. Things are looking way up. Nanjin just isn't the Qmx spokesperson and has plenty to be getting on with. He'll still be teasing on Facebook. We can post those here.

Yes, please. Many of us are not on Facebook and would appreciate greatly if what Nanjin shares there is re-posted here. THANKS!

I don't think there is any reason for QMx to punish or restrict Nanjin. He hasn't spilled any undue beans, quite on the contrary, he has stoked fans cleverly.
I hate this sillyness. He's mingling with us is forward thinking, in my opinion. And if you read the posts you can notice love was in the air. Everybody exposing their Trek background to Nanjin's taxonomy. Heck it was beautiful! Even I was feeling like sharing mine, as weak as it is! Now I won't.
And if this is QMx's doing, shame on them!

What video? Is there any link?

That is indeed a beautiful story, right there!!

Heck. Things were getting metaphysical when they shut him out...

In my sparse brushes with Trek, I keep a very fond memory of that TNG pilot, Encounter at Farpoint (I and II)... Those were the days of 198...8 I guess...?

Right before I read nanjin's farewell, I wanted to ask him if the sleek TNG chairs/stations would be somehow represented.... :-(((((

NANJIN, YOU DO BELONG IN HERE WITH US! PLEASE COME BACK!

Thanks,
m.
Nanjin has teased a prototype chair with the Riker figure. Whether it will ever be made I don't know. It might be the movie chair. It's hard to tell.

I know he was hinting at releasing the TWOK Captain's chair, and was working on a prototype, but I don't recall seeing any TNG chairs just yet.

There wasn't. The photo of Riker was him in front of the prototype twok chair on the work bench. Lol

Back