QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have spent this rainy Saturday afternoon in my garage watching TOS and filling my 3D printed helm. I printed at a very low layer height and while it would have been passable for some to paint it and go, for the best detail I am using woodfill to finish it. It took a good 48 hours to print this. 3D printing will never take over blow molding. I look forward to replacing it with a production helm someday, but I feel to do it right that helm might cost consumers a good $250 with electronics but it is something I will buy

3D printing definitely has its advantages, but i think it's better suited to recreating small detail parts, composed of intricate shapes. Large flat sided structures, like this could be made from plasticard, within a few hours, and at very little cost.

Count me in, if a helm console is made. If it turns out as good as the chair, then $200 - $300 is an acceptable price as long as it has the sound/light features. I think recreating actual Bridge stations, is probably pushing it. A large, heavy duty card backdrop, included with the helm, would probably satisfy most buyers.

You have to share pictures of your work!

A helm/nav console may carry a price tag about USD200 with post purchase assembly. I learnt most if not all of 3”0”'s production approaches.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

2 Burkes completed In front of my AT-TE I will hopefully get back to. I see shapeways is charging 67 dollars for one of these. Be warned the thin stem will snap as one of these did. I had to put tooth picks in it and glue it back on. I started building bridge parts back in the early 2000s with balsa, styrene and foamcore for my DST figures. But this 3D offers a very strong stabilty.

good idea. There are some items here...

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/chezmati?sort=newest

It might be nice to gather links to other Trek related items, such as the Shapeways chair I mentioned earler. There are a number of Trek items on Shapeway, not sure what's on other 3D printing sites? Or maybe a separate thread? Just thinkin'

https://www.shapeways.com/product/E...-1-6-12-inch?optionId=62342664&li=marketplace

https://www.shapeways.com/product/Z...at-separated?optionId=66057092&li=marketplace

Tom

Beside Spock's station, everyone else is the same, just the display graphics and some button color are different. Technically, just making one station with option parts (opps, forgot the tube door and the view screen).

That would really help to make the price reasonable.

Beside Spock's station, everyone else is the same, just the display graphics and some button color are different. Technically, just making one station with option parts (opps, forgot the tube door and the view screen).

They would have to be elevated which would add to space. There are different black screen configerations and Spock and Scotty have a scanner. The top screens could be done with laminated paper maybe, but are you talking overhang too?

Wow where did you get the ferengi

Thanks so much. :)

I really like the alien head options here: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/chezmati?sort=newest Or you can order directly from the artist.

Jem'Hadar 1.jpg
Arex to Share 1.JPG

just for fun...

Star Trek away team Feb 2019 close up.jpg

BTW...
Love those Bridge dioramas!

I've officially joined the club! Got my first figure today! McCoy looks great, and I made a dodgy backdrop for a quick photo.

I've got Scotty on pre-order, Picard and the Captain's chair on the way and I'm seriously contemplating Khan.

Now I just need Kirk and Spock to get those re-releases!

IMG_20190225_193217_665.jpg

I've officially joined the club! Got my first figure today! McCoy looks great, and I made a dodgy backdrop for a quick photo.

I've got Scotty on pre-order, Picard and the Captain's chair on the way and I'm seriously contemplating Khan.

Now I just need Kirk and Spock to get those re-releases!

View attachment 445736

Khan is one of my favorite 1/6 scale figures...this is one of those figures that looks much better in hand than pictures indicate...he is sold out at QMX and "low stock" at Sideshow...better to grab him now with an offered discount and free shipping than to pay more than twice his current retail price in 7 months when he is sold out...

Got my order in for Sulu at Planet action figures. That was unexpectedly quick. He is sure to sell out fast.

Looking forward to adding Scotty to the crew.
I think I’d be tempted to give him the chair though. I reckon he will look in it.

Khan is one of my favorite 1/6 scale figures...this is one of those figures that looks much better in hand than pictures indicate...he is sold out at QMX and "low stock" at Sideshow...better to grab him now with an offered discount and free shipping than to pay more than twice his current retail price in 7 months when he is sold out...
I ordered Khan locally. Even with the markup, by using a code and pennies through Popcultcha I ended up paying less than the US$135 sideshow has him for. I'm all caught up now (well, once everything arrives). Then the patient wait for the Kirk and Spock re-releases begins!

I ordered Khan locally. Even with the markup, by using a code and pennies through Popcultcha I ended up paying less than the US$135 sideshow has him for. I'm all caught up now (well, once everything arrives). Then the patient wait for the Kirk and Spock re-releases begins!

Great buy! Congratulations! I was able to snag a Spock from EBay in December at a price that I could live with thanks to some negotiating...but I am with you on the wait for a Kirk re-release!

Glad to see people are picking up Khan. It really is a wonderful figure with a great sculpt. The expression is perfect for the character.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Looking forward to adding Scotty to the crew.
I think I’d be tempted to give him the chair though. I reckon he will look in it.

Yeah I was thinking of doing that too, since it always was fun seeing him in command of the ship. In fact now that I think of it, it's a shame we never got to see him do that in any of the movies as well.

And I wasn't going to before, but now I'm thinking I will use that finger-less hand they included... so that I can then try to keep it strategically hidden or by his side like it always was on the show. :)

scotty_command.jpg

Great chair posing from Mr. Doohan.
Should have mine soon. Always liked the mego Scotty figure, so expecting this to be my favorite in the line !! ��

Glad to see people are picking up Khan. It really is a wonderful figure with a great sculpt. The expression is perfect for the character.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
If you look carefully, TOS Khan has a “Top of the world” confidence expression, while twok Khan has a “Wicked” kill you all expression.

Back