QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My hunch is they cut down on production significantly because
the other TOS other than Kirk and Spock did not sell
too well.

You would think after the big 3, only the Die Hard fans
would be looking for the remaining crew.

What is odd is there still has to be a break even point
where there has to be a minimum of figures made
for the manufacture to make it worth while.

To the manufacturer, they don’t see Kirk or a Khan
All they see is X production made

Still odd Khan was available and Scotty Sold
Out at QMX

I already ordered Scotty myself so they already
got my $

Last edited:
Agreed this will sell a fraction of Kirk and Spock. Glad QMX is still going on with the line but NOW is the right time to get the Big Two rereleased to give the line a shot in the arm..

No chance now of getting him in the UK. :( This line is dead to me now. I have the first 3 and won't be buying any more as it won't be the same without Scotty. I can't afford the overinflated eBay prices.

He's still available for order at Big Bad Toy Store, Sideshow, timewalker toys, and a few others.

Wow, I can't believe he sold out so quickly. I'm glad I rechecked this thread again today. I just ordered him from SS and used my points. $72. shipped is good to me. I was really hoping to get 2 of these but with the timing just can't do at the moment. Looking forward to Scotty joining the team.

Shows what I know... :lol

Perhaps QMX just didn't keep as many this time for in-house sales, but managed to sell the majority of the run to retailers, none of whom appear to be sold out yet. Or maybe Trek fans were just really hungry for another release and/or really wanted a redshirt on the shelf.

Either way, roll on Sulu...

Well, POs for other retailers is always a bit odd. They don’t get to order by individual pieces, they have to order by the case. So if they only fulfill half a case in POs, they’re going to show it’s still available. That doesn’t mean sit around and hope it’s still there months down the road. Timewalker’s sold out on POs many times, and then they go to Wait List. I haven’t seen too many of their Wait Lists ever get converted, as most of the people who PO with them, tend to follow through.

Not the same, but Mezco typically sells out of their own products on preorder while they're available from everyone else for a while after release. I think it's almost a pain to sell them direct for them.

Wow, I just looked at all the different sites and they
are all waitlist only Sideshow , BBT and Sold out with QMX !

Scotty Sold Out at release!? Wow..
the supply for the secondary crew must
be significantly reduced. If you didn’t
get a preordered in, Scotty might be
a tough one to get your hands on

Last edited:
Entertainment Earth has them as well
so they are available. I think just the
larger sites preordered are gone.

Still surprised Scotty Sold out so early
with some sites. That is probably better
than seeing them sit for years like Khan
Or Pickard with no one wanting them
for the health of the line

Shows what I know... :lol

Perhaps QMX just didn't keep as many this time for in-house sales, but managed to sell the majority of the run to retailers, none of whom appear to be sold out yet. Or maybe Trek fans were just really hungry for another release and/or really wanted a redshirt on the shelf.

Either way, roll on Sulu...

BBTS Sold out
Timewalker and Sideshow Waitlisted

Please note that Trek production is currently going through a rebirth phase. There will be some glitch in the next 2 months, but should be running smoothly after this.

This years production is very much in place already. No more years or months for waiting but weeks.

Sulu will be up next in matter of days, then Uhura will follow. Then next, then next....

[emoji868]
c5cf3fc4dc15fa87275406e2119ebad5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Back