QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the email about Scotty from QMX and they had a pic of Sulu at the end of it. Looking good so far.

e92bc7772f2373403637bd4f49ad4207.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only Planet Action Figures that I'm aware of. Aaron's a good guy, he'll look after you. I might have to sit this one out though, as the price has skyrocketed since Kirk and Spock. They were about £140 each at the time. Scotty is nearly £190. I don't think I can justify the price jump...

Has there been a similar price rise stateside?

Thank you Oxnard . If it is indeed as high as that I fear my Trek line has finished with McCoy.

I think he looks great! And the way the email was worded it seems like Sulu will be ready for their next newsletter.

“Coming Soon

In the NEXT newsletter we continue the series of 1:6 scale Star Trek figures.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you imaging these TOS figures with a 1/6 bridge, or even portions of one with them each at their post and Kirk in his chair!

I liked TMP aesthetic from day one. Saw it in the theatre in 1979 at age 12, so being that young helped in that I had no real complaints. The refit is to this day the best-looking Enterprise IMHO. The uniforms looked similar enough to TOS to make me happy, but I admit I always wished that Kirk was in the warmer-colored beige tunic, because it was the closest thing to his TOS yellow-green. I think TMP got it more right in the feel and philosophy of the Star Trek universe, because those uniforms looked practical, comfortable and peace-faring. Now with TWOK, I also like the monster maroons in that they went back to black pants and boots, and of course, because that movie rocked with action and a great villain. But the over-wrought haughtiness of those things look SUPER uncomfortable, and the multitude of metal pins, emblems, badges, fastener patches with even more complex/ and seemingly unassociated metallic pips on the shoulders and left cuff all adjoined to a double-breasted maroon wool jacket -- fastened-together with a million metal snaps along the flap edges and one main shoulder twist latch--- ALL on top of yet another thick turtleneck undershirt -- and then the final touch of a thick black leather belt with yet another heavy metallic arrowhead belt buckle. It looks cool, but hot damn I wouldn't want to have to wear that everyday at my fictional work station on the Enterprise! I want to wear those comfortable, easy to put on pants and tunics from TMP, especially the short-sleeved tunics. Those look like something I'd want to wear. The monster maroons are like having to wear a tuxedo over a turtleneck sweater. But hey, I'm sure in the 23rd Century, those maroon uniforms are made from a super-light and super-comfy material. ;)

Well to be fair, the uniforms on TNG always looked horribly uncomfortable as well, even when they switched to the two piece version. So I've never been too concerned about what looked comfortable on the characters or not. :D

For me the problem with the TMP uniforms is they were too "serious scifi" and didn't reflect the adventurous, swashbuckling spirit of TOS all that well. The maroons might have been a bit too militaristic and heavily-decorated for Trek, but I at least got more of that swashbuckling vibe from them. And when I try to imagine TWOK with the TMP uniforms, I don't see it fitting the tone of that movie nearly as well.

I was excited to get Scotty, slightly bummed when it appeared the TOS line (or any 1/6th Trek) might be drying up. Now I'm jazzed about the potential for more figures. In preparation for the arrival of (hopefully) many more of the TOS crew, I recently bought and just received yesterday two accessories that will fill out my 1/6th Star Trek environment:

A resin model of Nomad from the episode "The Changeling". I got it directly from Monsters in Motion. On first glance, the casting is a little rough, but it's a good start. I will have to figure out how to make the anti-gravity units and make a stand. Not sure if I want to try and do any lighting. There have been some amazing mods to this kit, including light and sound.

View attachment 443649

The second thing is a bridge chair that I got from Shapeways. It's very nice and seems to be the right scale. A little sanding, some paint...and we're in business. I had tried to modify a 1/6th tulip chair that I had gotten off of Ebay, with limited success. This is better. I don't think I could afford a whole bridge's worth, but again, it's a good start.

How much are they charging for that? This is my attempt
View attachment 443650

Tom

Really excited to hear about Kirk & Spock coming back soon. Sold them off when I downsized my collection and have regretted it! Those eBay prices are insane.

Well to be fair, the uniforms on TNG always looked horribly uncomfortable as well, even when they switched to the two piece version. So I've never been too concerned about what looked comfortable on the characters or not. :D

For me the problem with the TMP uniforms is they were too "serious scifi" and didn't reflect the adventurous, swashbuckling spirit of TOS all that well. The maroons might have been a bit too militaristic and heavily-decorated for Trek, but I at least got more of that swashbuckling vibe from them. And when I try to imagine TWOK with the TMP uniforms, I don't see it fitting the tone of that movie nearly as well.

I want to get some TMP style uniforms made but I'm tempted to go for screen plausible rather than screen accurate. I was thinking that maybe I should keep the black undershirts and padding and the black boots, with standard pleated trousers separate from the boots, two piece uniforms for officers and one piece for enlisted (like TWOK onwards, and red one piece uniforms with the armour for security (like TWOK onwards).

QMx is saying Scotty is almost sold out already. Glad I got my order in. Bring on Sulu!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

QMx is saying Scotty is almost sold out already. Glad I got my order in. Bring on Sulu!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Guys they just arrived. I would not worry
They cannot be almost Soldout
McCoy and Khan are still available everywhere
so I doubt Scotty would be immediately sold out

Back