QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say that most of those TNG figures, all the wrath of khan, and Sulu and Scotty are beyond personal projects as those were on display at Sand Diego comic con last year. The rest? definitely personal.

But yeah, all those partial reveals does have us foaming at the mouth.

I wish Trek figures didn't have such complex uniforms.

I'm tired of waiting for Beyond Kirk, and I assume Discovery figures, if we ever see any, will be 2+ years from now.

I can commission sculpts, but clothing is another matter. Just ungodly expensive. Shame.

^
Yep, I really wished QMx would get more 1/6 scale Trek out for preorder. I hope they release Scotty soon because, you know, I need red shirts.

IMG_0025.JPG

Anyone in the uk in contact with Aaron at planet action figures? I sent him an email a few days ago and he hasn't replied. When I've contacted him before he's always gotten back to me the same day, it's not like him to go quiet like this. He also hasn't replied to his dealer thread since Christmas. I hope he's ok. I'm understandably concerned about my order, but that's small potatoes if he's unwell or dealing with an emergency. It's just very unusual given that he's normally very sharp on communications....

That looks awesome.

I purchased the chair from SSC yesterday and they shipped it out today, so I should be receiving it tomorrow. Really looking forward to it.

I think the chair is amazing. Great details, price is good value. Hot Toys and other companies really need to take note on how to simply accomplish lights and sounds--a USB port and volume swithch!! Duh.

LOVE the Chair - LOVE Kirk, Could not be more perfect.

LIKE Spock - Needs new body/build, LIKE Khan - Almost love, just needs to have his fat shoved in his crotch a bit to even things out down there. Otherwise brilliant.

OK with Picard - New body is needed and the uniform has flaws.

Not so god with McCoy, Totally wrong body and his head looks dated and toy like. Biggest miss in the line

Yeah so far McCoy is the only one I've passed on. The sculpt seems to work well enough from a distance, but up close it's far too old and lumpy looking for my taste (Spock suffers from the same problem, but, well... he's Spock so there's no way I wasn't getting him anyway).

I received the chair today and it absolutely completes the Kirk figure. The figure is great on its own, but the chair really does elevate it to another level. The only thing that slightly concerns me is articulating his legs forward at the waist in order to make him sit seems to put a little bit of stress on the zipper on the rear of the pants, at least on mine, in the sense that it stretches the zipper down a bit. The zipper on the other figures don't have this effect when I articulate their legs to put them in a seated position, only Kirk. However, I noticed that Kirk's rear for what ever reason seems to feel like it's slightly more padded than the other two, so the pants seem to be a bit tighter in the rear area on him, but I'm not entirely sure.

Having them all three displayed around the chair though looks awesome.

I received the chair today and it absolutely completes the Kirk figure. The figure is great on its own, but the chair really does elevate it to another level. The only thing that slightly concerns me is articulating his legs forward at the waist in order to make him sit seems to put a little bit of stress on the zipper on the rear of the pants, at least on mine, in the sense that it stretches the zipper down a bit. The zipper on the other figures don't have this effect when I articulate their legs to put them in a seated position, only Kirk. However, I noticed that Kirk's rear for what ever reason seems to feel like it's slightly more padded than the other two, so the pants seem to be a bit tighter in the rear area on him, but I'm not entirely sure.

Having them all three displayed around the chair though looks awesome.

Actually to get him in a more natural seated position I just unzipped the back of the pants on mine. It removes all the tension in the fabric so you can move the legs up a lot higher, and you can't see anything from the front anyway so that's not a problem.

Wow, nice to see all the figures again. I still wish they would improve the Data sculpt more, but the figure as a whole still looks decent enough that I'll probably get it anyway. Khan's bangs are still as cheap and unconvincing as ever (and now also too short), but the rest looks great. And TWOK Spock seems to be looking a bit better there too.

Back