QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nanjin, any news on when/if the Polaris bodies be available for purchase?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Adding some generic but iconic stuffs to the body so I would not be picked on, like the green jumpsuit and some upgraded items.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Was just looking at some Hot Toys SW figures. Compared to those these Trek figures look like Ken and Barbie dolls, I?m sorry to say...

How so?
Paint apps are not quite at HT level, but that?s about it.
The likeness is about as good as the average HT sculpt, and the amount of accessories and quality of materials/manufacture is on par with most non-DX HT figures.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Was just looking at some Hot Toys SW figures. Compared to those these Trek figures look like Ken and Barbie dolls, I?m sorry to say...
Where are you coming to that conclusion suddenly? The outfits are simpler on the Star Trek figures maybe, but that’s down to the designs being simple. Otherwise for the Trek figures I’d say the attention to detail, tailoring, and head sculpts are on par or pretty close to Hot Toys.

I mean if you really want to say they look like Barbie dolls go look up the Barbie and Ken Star Trek set (an officially licensed set actually exists). These are way above that type of quality.

That?s a garbage take that is really insulting to all of the hard work that Nanjin put into this line. Most of us have been collecting Hot Toys for many years (got my first back more than a decade ago) have fairly large collections, and are happy to display these Trek figures in the same rooms with our Hot Toys figures based upon the parity of the sculpting, tailoring, etc...Sounds like someone who is newer to the hobby may have just glimpsed a prototype picture of a really impressive Hot Toys Star Wars head sculpt in closeup and does not know that the difference is not all that great when you actually own a ton of these figures in hand. Common newbie mistake.
It?s ok to be new to the hobby but people should educate themselves on it before they start dumping on the work of creators...especially creators who engage here on this thread and read the comments.

Yeah, I think that’s insulting to Nanjin, especially after all the work he’s put into this. Besides, how can you compare SW and its multi million Production with a TV show like ST? Different world, different eras, different budget.

That?s a garbage take that is really insulting to all of the hard work that Nanjin put into this line. Most of us have been collecting Hot Toys for many years....

I don’t mean to ruffle feathers, least of all Nanjin’s, and I am by no means a SW fan, but I call them as I see them. I wish it was not so, but it’s obvious to me that especially the likenesses, as well as the body musculature (or lack thereof) are much more accurate for the HT SW figures. If the SW figures prototypes are much more different than the mass-produced ones than the ST prototypes are than I apologize. I do not own SW figures, I just go by what I see online. But the ST bodies are definitely a joke.

I really wish there was a Uhura figure available or at least a custom head and clothing project going since Qmx isn’t going to produce one any time soon.

I have both lines in my collection and my Star Trek figures look amazing next to my Star Wars figures. To compare them to barbie and ken, I don't see it.

I only have Picard on display currently. He’s next to my Batman from Batman Returns currently. I don’t think he looks out of place as far as quality (random pairing I know :lol).

Everything about that opinion is wrong. And yes, opinions can be wrong.
As an example, and there are plenty, every one of these Star Trek figures looks better than the HT Ep.IV Luke Skywalker (as an example).

Everything about that opinion is wrong. And yes, opinions can be wrong.
As an example, and there are plenty, every one of these Star Trek figures looks better than the HT Ep.IV Luke Skywalker (as an example).

This! I own almost every Hot Toys Star Wars figure and my absolute favorite is the DX07 Bespin Luke. As much as I love that set, all of the Star Trek figures are comparable from a sculpting standpoint and razor thin close as far as paint apps go too. I can go down the list of figures from both lines that are in the same display room in my house and the Star Trek figures are on par with the Star Wars ones.

If you use the Threezero Rick Grimes body, which is a popular choice for McCoy, and you want him the correct height - there's no need to stress the boots any further by re-attaching the ankle pegs.

I removed the ankle extensions from the Threezero body, which are the cups that hold the ankle pegs (the same type of piece as in Marine Boy's final photo). The legs then just sit on top of the boots, and no worries about damaging them by using too much force plugging in the pegs.

48118107106_27075ecfeb_c.jpg

(Picard's on a Disney Krennic body).
So question, do you just have the legs sitting on top of the boots and not actually plugged in place? I got the Negan body from eBay today and am trying to work with it. Got one of the cups off so far. Clearly as is though the boots aren?t going to be secure and he?ll have to just stand in one position. This might have been a failed experiment and I may end up keeping McCoy on the standard body.

So question, do you just have the legs sitting on top of the boots and not actually plugged in place?

Yes, with the cups and pegs removed the legs just sit on top of the boots. When the boots are zipped back up it's all pretty secure.

This is good enough for me as all he's going to do is stand.

This is as he is now:

attachment.php

Thank you for the kind words. I know i wasn't as good as the top brands for whatever reasons that i have, but i have an attitude that no one has.

I truly feel responsible for my Trek friends and to the franchise, and I would not stop to make sure each Trek figure can bring a smile. (I have a different set of work attitude in production where I make sure the production team has X amount of Nanjin Attitude)

I am not Superman. Failure can happen, but if my entire production team has this Nanjin Attitude, any failure will contribute to better any future figures.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Back