QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't bode well if they learned nothing from their collaboration.

As others have speculated on this thread I think QMX is probably looking at the sales of Funko Pops and doing the math that they would prefer to be in the novelty toy business instead of selling high end collectibles. Can?t blame them from a business perspective...if 1/6 Trek figures had made them money they would be racing to release ALL of the potential figures that are out there...they obviously have not even finished the Original Series so that speaks volumes. They would probably prefer to gamble on selling 5 cheaply made giant headed novelty figures than one 1/6 scale figure and they probably have much bigger margins on their novelty products...I don?t think we will see ANYTHING from QMX in 1/6 scale again.

But honestly what else would the social media person say? Like they'd drop the "naw, you're never going to see those" before telling distributors? That's going to be the official line until it isn't.
giphy.gif

Got Bones today. Great figure overall. The pictures look great, but having it in hand is even better. My only minor gripe is I feel like the left hands should have just had the ring sculpted onto the pinky finger as I feel like that could be a piece I lose really easily. Might just keep it in the little baggie or if I decide to use it I probably will choose a hand to put it on and just keep it there and not mess with it.

Got Bones today. Great figure overall. The pictures look great, but having it in hand is even better. My only minor gripe is I feel like the left hands should have just had the ring sculpted onto the pinky finger as I feel like that could be a piece I lose really easily. Might just keep it in the little baggie or if I decide to use it I probably will choose a hand to put it on and just keep it there and not mess with it.

All these years watching TOS and I never knew McCoy wore a ring on his pinkie.

Are you going to try to replace the body with a less muscular one?

All these years watching TOS and I never knew McCoy wore a ring on his pinkie.

Are you going to try to replace the body with a less muscular one?
I don’t know if I’ll mess with the body. Truthfully it doesn’t bother me that much in person, and I don’t really want to screw with having to take everything off and getting a new body. Plus I feel like the boots might be hard to get on and off.

I don’t know if I’ll mess with the body. Truthfully it doesn’t bother me that much in person, and I don’t really want to screw with having to take everything off and getting a new body. Plus I feel like the boots might be hard to get on and off.

The body is OK as is but if I want to to commission TMP uniforms, I think I'd rather go for the skinnier body that Nanjin has teased previously. I don't know if they ate still coming. The pandemic has thrown the world into chaos.

Is there any way QMX could license just the 1/6 rights to another company? Let them make all the other toys and prop replicas that they want, but since for whatever reason the 1/6 scale high end collectibles doesn't fit their model, having another company who's top priority is that particular subset of toys pay them for the right to make the figures they've teased (and hopefully more) seems like a win for them and the fans.

Exactly why I am not changing bodies on these.

Exactly why I am not changing bodies on these.
Yeah, I just did a closer inspection and I’m leaving it as is. Especially after taking a while to find this figure in particular at a decent price. I’m not going to try and mess with it for a slight improvement to the body. I really only notice the body is too muscular around his pecs. Otherwise it’s not a big deal. I definitely don’t feel like swapping the boots would be easy. That probably would be the hardest part. Everything else is standard sixth scale clothing, but in general I try not to mess around too much with my figures and leave them as they are.

From my perspective, if I’m not looking at it as being off, I really don’t notice the body being too muscular. And, I’m a realist. If I were to attempt to get those boots off, I would be on here :10 minutes later asking if anyone has an extra pair that I could have.

Unfortunately for me that’s what jumps out at me: an overly muscular body, with bulging biceps, triceps, pecs and deltoids. This is making the head look too small. I can even see abs in certain pics! And even the neck is too thick. The actual character that we love has a thin build, small neck, narrow, bony shoulders, and slightly slouchy posture; all that is as characteristic of him as his face, which on the right body should look as big and wide as the full moon. It would be like an Uhura figure with Barbie legs! I know I seem fixated on the body but I just can’t unsee all that for this particular character. They just haven’t got it right! I’m sorry... to me that’s just not Bones! So, for those reasons, I’m out (said Mr. Wonderful).

I removed the boot from McCoy (i'm guessing the others are the same) and didn't have any difficulty. The foot itself is part of the boot and not removable. There is a standard ball socket and the usual double ball ankle peg. The socket on the leg itself is the usual type.

boot1.jpg

boot2.jpg

boot3.jpg

boot4.jpg

If you use the Threezero Rick Grimes body, which is a popular choice for McCoy, and you want him the correct height - there's no need to stress the boots any further by re-attaching the ankle pegs.

I removed the ankle extensions from the Threezero body, which are the cups that hold the ankle pegs (the same type of piece as in Marine Boy's final photo). The legs then just sit on top of the boots, and no worries about damaging them by using too much force plugging in the pegs.

48118107106_27075ecfeb_c.jpg

(Picard's on a Disney Krennic body).

Back