QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was already expecting the sculpt to be underwhelming, but I didn't expect these QC issues. Come on QMX!
1f6c89fbb7155f61a9f1a664975b6e03.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was already expecting the sculpt to be underwhelming, but I didn't expect these QC issues. Come on QMX!
1f6c89fbb7155f61a9f1a664975b6e03.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ouch. Well that's more than a little disconcerting. When Sideshow Collectables gets around to shipping Sulu in around September or whenever, I'll make sure to keep this in mind so that I'm pleasantly surprised at how great he looks in-hand (because I'm expecting a frazzled train wreck). ;)

QMx could've and should've done better on this one, but they didn't. --- C'est la vie!
I take solace in the fact that he looks like Sulu for the most part, and he's wearing the great-looking tunic. Sulu has always been a complementary crew member , so he'll be in the line-up, just to the side a bit. It'll be OK. It's just a simple fact: they hit a home-run with the Sulu prototype, and then they deliver this. I will never understand that. Okay, I'm mentally moving along now to the next potential Star Trek figure...

Damn,wondered why would the line suddenly
go south ? They hit Gold with Kirk, McCoy
And Khan and then ...

Last edited:
I received my Sulu yesterday. I must say it looks better than expected. All of these close up photos had me expecting something terrible. I will look at Sulu and the rest of the collection from a normal distance. He looks fine from that perspective. Even after looking at him from only a couple of inches away he looks pretty good to me!

I received my Sulu yesterday. I must say it looks better than expected. All of these close up photos had me expecting something terrible. I will look at Sulu and the rest of the collection from a normal distance. He looks fine from that perspective. Even after looking at him from only a couple of inches away he looks pretty good to me!

That's good to hear. I'm sure he looks fine. Expectations because of the promo images have soured some people's attitude, but we forget that this is still the best Sulu figure ever made. Ever.

As long as we actually get Uhura, we will pretty much almost have the full bridge crew filled out, I’ll be genuinely surprised (pleasantly) if we ever get Chekov

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LT. Sulu on the bridge. He's the weakest sculpt of the crew but still in context not too bad. Waiting for Uhura to complete the set.

IMG_20190610_170359.jpg

Agree. I love Chekov. He's a fantastic character and the bridge has a void without him. Nuclear wessels!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have a feeling even those who don’t really think they want him will be sorry if they don’t get him — particularly when someone who sees their display starts asking: “But, where’s Chekov?” He may not have been in season 1, but he’s been an integral part of the crew from season 2 on. I definitely want Chekov.

I have a feeling even those who don’t really think they want him will be sorry if they don’t get him — particularly when someone who sees their display starts asking: “But, where’s Chekov?” He may not have been in season 1, but he’s been an integral part of the crew from season 2 on. I definitely want Chekov.

Me too!

Back