QMX Princess Bride - Westley, The Dread Pirate Roberts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: QMX Princess Bride

SDCC-2016-QMX-Sixth-Scale-Figures-012.jpg

SDCC-2016-QMX-Sixth-Scale-Figures-013.jpg

Not digging it, bandana should be sculpted. And cloth way too baggy

But likeliness is good

Thanks for the photos, generalzodlives!

While we wait for better photos of the unmasked sculpt -which is going to prove difficult with that lightning- I agree with the comments about the bandana. It should be made of a thinner/silk like material, and there it looks too rough. The shirt could be baggier at some spots, but then you would need a material that drapes correctly in scale...which is always complicated:

spent.jpg

Drat, that's an almost certain buy for me! ... Even with the prototype's current issues. (My internal customizer is already earmarking potential replacement outfits in the unlikely event that if this one remains on the dodgy side)

Just need to work out a decent UK-based vendor for these figures, I cannot afford Forbidden Planet's insane mark-ups for everything!

Not sure how https://www.planetactionfigures.co.uk/ is pricing wise for UK people, but looks like it's going to be the only option for me (Spain) because as far as I know only they carry the exclusives editions in Europe....and I'm assuming the figure will include some limited item as other QMX releases have done.

Thanks for the shots, they're very good despite the difficulties. :)

The sculpt looks very good IMO and I'm looking forward to bandana and shirt revisions.

They did not make this easy to shoot.

40500314be6c8b445921cb702a3a536e.jpg

bd0084fcd7ba7ddac3ca2555752d6007.jpg
They really didn't, but many thanks again for the pics Zod! Unless someone take him out we're not going to get more clear photos than yours :)

Hopefully QMX will take care of the small issues already commented, but in any case can't wait for it to be avalaible for preorder. I was starting to lose hope on ever seeing figures from my favourite movie, so this line being produced are the best news coming from SDCC for me.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 mediante Tapatalk

Please. You don't need to pay me, just fly me out to conventions and I'll pose everyone's figures for the show in an aesthetically pleasing way. I don't get why companies don't take the time to show off naturalistic poses. It makes a world of difference. QMX gets it too, especially if you look at their TOS Star Trek shelf, they nailed the Captain's chair pose.

Please. You don't need to pay me, just fly me out to conventions and I'll pose everyone's figures for the show in an aesthetically pleasing way. I don't get why companies don't take the time to show off naturalistic poses. It makes a world of difference. QMX gets it too, especially if you look at their TOS Star Trek shelf, they nailed the Captain's chair pose.

It's so bizarre. You have all these figures that they're showing specifically to sell units but it looks like they've been thrown into the cabinets from across the room. :lol

Yes, it's the same with Chronicle Collectibles and their Conans. You would expect that after paying only god know how much in order to be there, they would spend at least some time making sure that the figures are more or les properly posed and well-lighted. We can complain as much as we want about Hot Toys and their figure choices, but they know their stuff when it comes to that.

Yeah, the people at Sideshow's booth usually do a stellar job with posing SS's and HT's figures. Some of the smaller companies, particularly Star Ace, need to catch on to this.

I blame the marketing people. It's the same within my company. They have the least knowledge of the product generally, and the least care for it.

With all the new licenses coming from QMX (Supernatural, Justified...) plus the loads and loads of Star Trek characters, I'm wondering now how long it will take until they open the pre-order for this guy. Hoping also that the factory that they found for Mal will be able to keep up with the increased workload without losing quality in the process; QMX has gone from a single 1:6 figure to a quite busy schedule in just a few months :)

Do we know the sculptor for Westley? Is one of our fellow freaks? Asking because I know Inigou have sculpted some of the Star Trek characters for QMX, but I asked him the other day and he was not the one behind this sculpt.

Back