QMX Princess Bride - Westley, The Dread Pirate Roberts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: QMX Princess Bride

Hagrid might be a tad too tall for Fezzik, that's visible in that comparison with Dumbledore there. I did a quick google search and Andre the Giant was 7ft 4 and Hagrid's height was 8ft 6 in the movies.

So...it's people specifically trying to avoid taking pictures of this guy? :D

From the small pictures already posted, looks like it's going to include also an unmasked head.

Not great pics because the lighting was horrible but better than nothing.

413347a4b01dd85f484ad0c44b0cec82.jpg

7160d8fb8aa437ace801690d7652f4a2.jpg

Why does he wear the mask? Was the portrait burned with acid or something?

Looks great to me!

I'm sure the outfit is a quick mockup because the bandana is definitely too big and thick and the tunic material looks thick. The unmasked sculpt looks great. Hopefully Inigo is next and won't take a year.

I've been waiting for this line since I started collecting, and I had mixed feelings when I saw the thread title. QMx put forth a knock out duo with Kirk & Spock, but as far as I can see in pics, the rest of their catalog is a step behind them. I really hope that these will live up to that Kirk & Spock quality. Maybe it does and the pics are just letting it down. I'm dying for a better look at everything, especially the Wesley sculpt and the sword. The bandanna might be better off sculpted and just use real material on the "tail" to keep it in better scale. That or use a much thinner silkier material. The outfit material isn't as silky or flowey as it should be either.

Please better pics, don't let me down!

We need ANDRE such amazing guy n actor. I read Andre drank a ton and was so drunk one time he passed out on hotel floor or something, no one could move him so they just roped him off.:lol

You mean, you’ll put down your rock and I’ll put down my sword, and we’ll try and kill each other like civilized people? :lol

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.

I've been waiting for this line since I started collecting, and I had mixed feelings when I saw the thread title. QMx put forth a knock out duo with Kirk & Spock, but as far as I can see in pics, the rest of their catalog is a step behind them. I really hope that these will live up to that Kirk & Spock quality. Maybe it does and the pics are just letting it down. I'm dying for a better look at everything, especially the Wesley sculpt and the sword. The bandanna might be better off sculpted and just use real material on the "tail" to keep it in better scale. That or use a much thinner silkier material. The outfit material isn't as silky or flowey as it should be either.
Please better pics, don't let me down!

I like the idea of the bandanna, I just don't like the execution. HT did the same thing well with their Sgt. Barnes, so QMX can definitely tweak that part and come to a nice figure.

The shirt was my other gripe but I imagine that can be futzed.

One thing that must be said - I am glad to see all of these companies (QMx, Chronicle, Blitzway, Star Ace) emerging and taking on exciting licenses. The days of HT or custom seem to be over.

Back