QMX Cutaway Serenity replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking you were the one I said we just have to get things in order after SDCC?

But PM me and I can look at it personally :)

Much appreciated.

Now, onto the cutaway...Big Damn Replica was too pricey for me at the time so I don't have that. But I do have the LDH Serenity. I guess the Cutaway will depend on scale vs. price.

Well last year they had a landed version of the BDR Serenity that didn't have lights and the parts casting was simpler which I'm guessing would mean an overall lower cost, but we never heard anything about it.

Boochy,

Pretty sure it was me that emailed you.

They're definitely here and they're gorgeous.

We have to take care of a few things and get everything settled from SDCC, but we'll be sending them out and anyone who's got a pre-order is all set.

As I understand it, we have extras as well.

As soon as they're ready to go, we'll make sure we update the site.

grrrreeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaat!!! :yess:

thanks for getting this all set up for me. how was the reception on the piece at SDCC?

Any news on when this will be released. LDH is too small for my liking and BDR is too expensive. This sounds perfect.

That's one of the problems with QMx, they like to show things off and then never talk about them. Year before there was a version of the BDR Serenity without the lighting and more simple castings but they still haven't talked about that one either.

Any news on when this will be released. LDH is too small for my liking and BDR is too expensive. This sounds perfect.

The Cutaway Serenity is in the works. Given the R & D (and other behind the scenes things I'm not personally privvy to), word is next year. We haven't said much because there's a lot that happens from initial prototype to final product and the SDCC reveal was a first look.

Both the Cutaway & the Landed Serenity were shown at SDCC as prototypes and possible items we'd make. We gauge fan response from those shows (and through press and social media) and then, if things look good, we move forward.

The Cutaway got a great response. Now comes the long process of making it ;-)

That's one of the problems with QMx, they like to show things off and then never talk about them. Year before there was a version of the BDR Serenity without the lighting and more simple castings but they still haven't talked about that one either.

I'm snipping myself from a previous response to address this directly, so sorry for the lack of originality ;-)

Both the Cutaway & the Landed Serenity were shown at SDCC as prototypes and possible items we'd make. We gauge fan response from those shows (and through press and social media) and then, if things look good, we move forward.

Sadly, the reaction to the Landed Serenity didn't leave us feeling we'd be able to make her in a feasible way. Sometimes we have to let projects go, no matter how much we might want to do them. She was a pretty replica, but it's not going to work at this time.

I'm eyeing off both the Serenity and that Tardis. Any idea what price points are being looked at for these, especially the Serenity?

I'm gonna need more shelving....

I'm eyeing off both the Serenity and that Tardis. Any idea what price points are being looked at for these, especially the Serenity?

I'm gonna need more shelving....

I don't have pricing details yet, we're still doing the R & D. But as soon as we do, they'll be on the QMx site ;-)

And shelving is always good.

I wojuld love one of those Serenity models. The stand looks to be the same as the Artisan model so perhaps they're the same size.

I love those Star Trek Models too.

The Cutaway Serenity is in the works. Given the R & D (and other behind the scenes things I'm not personally privvy to), word is next year. We haven't said much because there's a lot that happens from initial prototype to final product and the SDCC reveal was a first look.

The Cutaway got a great response. Now comes the long process of making it ;-)

Thanks for the reply. So excited about this release. Any way you can find out the exact size of it?

Thanks for the reply. So excited about this release. Any way you can find out the exact size of it?

Yep ;-)

Approximate dimensions are 12" x 8" x 3.5".

Granted, that's subject to change, but that's what I got from my artisan team.

I really think you guys should make a smaller highend version of the uss enterprise. The one you have now is awesome but i just cant pull the trigger at $5k.

Something similar to the master replica version with the same amount of detail but smaller for around $1000 will be a big win.

Also if you can get the star war vehicles license it's a gold mine, no company makes them anymore (i dont consider efx a company). Many people will gladly pay $1000 a pop for them.

Firefly is nice, but those serenity replicas feel like we just going in circles for the nth time...

Back