QMx 1:6 Star Trek: TNG - Jean Luc Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I returned my Picard due to having a really bad neck and the slow CS response. But I did like the figure. Now that replacement heads are here, I was thinking about getting it again to keep. Is QMX replacing all the heads in existing stock? Or do you have to order the figure, see what it looks like, and still request a replacement head?

I ordered a Figure then emailed QMx to get a replacement head. They take a little time but answer your emails. Then emailed me with s tracking number.

Is it best to order directly from QMX to get a figure without the staining issues or can it be bought elsewhere and exchanged?

Is it best to order directly from QMX to get a figure without the staining issues or can it be bought elsewhere and exchanged?

You can get the figure several different places like BBTS however it is a luck of the draw. I got one from SS and one from BBTS and both had staining. I did eventually end up getting an unstained head but it took awhile.

Just a heads up about the stains. I kept mine boxed and, like others, had stains. I also left the plastic tape around the neck. Guess what? I checked the other day and what I thought would happened, happened! Due to the heads being vinyl, the stains have been absorbed. They only remain where the uniform is in contact with the neck...

I found a new Picard selling for $142 plus shipping and no tax via a third party seller on Amazon and purchased it, hoping maybe it would not have the staining problem. It arrived today and, even though the neck was wrapped in protective plastic, the ink was there all the way around. Plus the paint on the crown of the back of the head was rubbed off too. I supposed I’m out of luck for getting a replacement since I didn’t buy directly from the manufacturer? Also, how do I attach the pips to the collar?

That’s why I’ve been hesitant to buy one anywhere besides Sideshow or QMX directly. I’ve come close to breaking down and getting one on eBay recently but I think it’s safer to buy one directly.

I found a new Picard selling for $142 plus shipping and no tax via a third party seller on Amazon and purchased it, hoping maybe it would not have the staining problem. It arrived today and, even though the neck was wrapped in protective plastic, the ink was there all the way around. Plus the paint on the crown of the back of the head was rubbed off too. I supposed I’m out of luck for getting a replacement since I didn’t buy directly from the manufacturer? Also, how do I attach the pips to the collar?

I purchased from Amazon too and mine was missing the pips too.
QMx replaced the head and pip.
Kudos to QMx[emoji106]
Takes a little time but they come through

I guess I could fire up my old airbrush and compressor and try to cover it up with flesh-colored paint. Otherwise, if I keep the collar up, it shouldn’t be too noticeable on the sides. I just won’t put him in any situations where he has to look up and crane his neck:

D4071D47-8728-4B20-AAF5-51AFB1EA4513.jpg

0977081E-0476-4B17-894F-41201CC10AE7.jpg

Got mine today. Picard is such a hero, and Next Gen is my favourite Trek, but I've been umming and ahhing because he looks off in some photos, and because of the neck staining. Popcultcha had a sale, and there was a discount on the exclusive, and so I caved.

Glad to say that as soon as I saw him in the box I thought, 'Oh he looks much better in person.' Then I fiddled for ten minutes and found myself getting annoyed. I padded out his shoulders, which is a trick I saw here, and now I love him again. Gives him those broad Picard shoulders, and pushes his collar up a bit, which looks nice ... though I can't stop there being a dent around where the collar connects to the shoulders ... I'll futz. I also haven't been able to zip his shirt back all the way.

Mine has the neck staining, of course, despite the protective plastic. I've contacted Popcultcha to ask if they do replacement heads or whether I should contact QMX directly. Obviously I would rather an unstained head because of the price the figure costs, but at least the staining doesn't show in museum poses. If I want to have him reading, or using the phaser rifle, then the staining is visible, because he has to turn and crane his head for both.

The very first time I used the phaser rifle hands the ribbing on the rifle handles scratched up the paint on the hands, leaving ugly white patches. Unfortunate. One hand is only really for the rifle, and so the damage would never be visible, but the other can be used for the PADD, and I do like him with PADD and tea.

Overall, though, damn. I love it. The character is a real hero from my formative years. It's a thrill for me like getting the 1/6 Tom Baker Doctor Who or '89 Michael Keaton Batman was (and those were the figs that got me into 1/6 collecting). My love for the character and my awe at the fact someone made a figure of him and it's on my shelf helps me overlook any minor issues. If you're still on the fence like I was, get him. SO MUCH LOVE has clearly gone into all these Star Trek figures. They are all great. If I met anyone from QMX I would give them a pat on the back. Hell, I wanna have a beer with them (or a tea, earl grey, hot) and talk Trek.

This is definitely a case of a 'better in hand' figure. Imperfections you obsess over in the photos you hardly notice in person. The eye glosses over and focuses on different things. I reckon I am going to have to cave for Khan now ...

015a.jpg

You come at the king, you best not miss.

017.jpg

0222.jpg

Space adventures.

036.jpg

Adding some patented Picard manliness to the shoulders.

044a.jpg

047.jpg

Eh, maybe my shoulder adjustment made no difference. I feel better about the figure after, but maybe that's just my brain tricking me. 'You did something! Yay! An accomplishment!'

I like the extra shoulder padding! If I get him again, I might try that.

Yup that's the same way I padded mine as well. It definitely helps improve the proportions I think.

And great job! Nice to finally see some more Picard pics in here. :)

This is a great figure in hand. I would suggest getting one through qmx, bbts, or sideshow they will replace your stained head if you happen to receive one. I was able to get a replacement. The only thing was it took a few weeks to receive it.

This is a great figure in hand. I would suggest getting one through qmx, bbts, or sideshow they will replace your stained head if you happen to receive one. I was able to get a replacement. The only thing was it took a few weeks to receive it.

I bought it thru amazon and they replaced it too[emoji106]

I finally ordered a Picard. After missing Kirk and Spock and seeing this is in low stock at Sideshow I figured I better not wait. I wound up just ordering it on flex pay from Sideshow so that way if I have issues I feel more secure.

Back