QMx 1:6 Star Trek: TNG - Jean Luc Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shows off just how good that sculpt is! I can't believe there were so many complaints about the likeness being off when he came out!

Great work Brebro! I got Picard (again) from ThinkGeek. The staining was there (of course) but not as high as my last one I returned. I really do love the details and the sculpt of the figure. He's somewhat limited in posing to get his uniform to look right, but that works pretty well on a Star Trek character.

Interesting that Sideshow is now carrying the exclusive:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-trek-captain-jean-luc-picard-quantum-mechanix-9030081/

Same price as QMX however QMX has free shipping.
Sideshow does offer reward point discounts and occasional coupons so you at least have a choice now when it comes to the exclusive.

Yeah it’s funny they do that after I placed my order at sideshow last night for the regular using their New Years code.. :gah:

Yeah I saw that too. Not only do I miss the exclusive but had I waited like a week longer to order I could have saved $10 more (I used one of the $25 codes from entering a contest). Just my luck :lol. Ah well, I’ve wanted to get this figure.

If you really want the exclusive though it’s probably a wash really ordering from Sideshow or QMX directly. Even with a coupon by the time you factor in Sideshow’s shipping charge it probably would be about the same as getting it from QMX with free shipping.

Anybody besides me receive a figure with a missing comm badge? Just picked it up from UPS and that’s the first thing I notice. Guess I’ll have to email Sideshow. Ugh. I’ve really been looking forward to finally getting this too.

Anybody becides me receive a figure with a missing comm badge? Just picked it up from UPS and that’s the first thing I notice. Guess I’ll have to email Sideshow. Ugh. I’ve really been looking forward to finally getting this too.

Look in the box or in his suit--mine came off as well in transit.

My comm badge is nowhere to be found in the box :(. Plus my sculpt has quite a bit of staining. Granted the collar does cover it but I might as well see if Sideshow can provide me a different sculpt along with the tunic.

I want to put him on display but I’m waiting to do too much with it in case Sideshow wants anything back.

The benzoyl peroxide (zit cream) treatment really will work. Reapply daily until it fades.

*narrows eyes in case it is a practical joke*

Assuming this isn't a practical joke ... do you think it would work on a neck with more heavily painted skin texture? My GOTG Vol. 2 Star-Lord arrived yesterday with very minor stain spots on each side of his neck from the bright red jacket he's wearing when they package him. His neck has more of that textured 'skin speckling' kind of paint job. Would it work there too? But I'd have to undress him or get zit cream all over the costume ... There is a chance a small, light spot of staining could fade over time, right? Be reabsorbed by the plastic? Or would the zit cream -

THIS IS A PRACTICAL JOKE, RIGHT?

*narrows eyes again, trusts none of you Sideshow Freaks*

I have to send my figure back to Sideshow for an exchange which is a bummer. I thought they might just send a replacement tunic and head sculpt.

The "peroxide" in benzoyl peroxide is bleach. It doesn't seem to affect paint. It'll remove the stain, but it'll also bleach the costume if it comes in contact, and you have to do something to prevent the costume from re-staining the neck. I used it to remove a big black stain from a Medicom Snape head, and I prevented the costume from re-staining it by throwing the Medicom costume away and putting the head on a Star Ace Snape.

The "peroxide" in benzoyl peroxide is bleach. It doesn't seem to affect paint. It'll remove the stain, but it'll also bleach the costume if it comes in contact, and you have to do something to prevent the costume from re-staining the neck. I used it to remove a big black stain from a Medicom Snape head, and I prevented the costume from re-staining it by throwing the Medicom costume away and putting the head on a Star Ace Snape.

Wow cool thanks for the tip Gruff Old Bear, and sorry for doubting!

Back