QMx 1:6 Star Trek: TNG - Jean Luc Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got in contact with a qmx guy via facebook messenger. We were all set till he heard I ordered it from sideshow. Then I had to go through them. Talked to a sideshow guy via messenger too and filled out a form. They say they'll have a solution of some sort in 3 roughly 3 days. Here's hoping everything works out. I'm tired of looking at Picard standing there staticly. I want to take pics, pose him with Kirk and maybe my Toys Era Cyclops lol, have fun with him.

Good lord this is silly. Qmx just needs to fix this problem already and stop giving customers the run around.

Good lord this is silly. Qmx just needs to fix this problem already and stop giving customers the run around.

They say they can only fix it if you buy it directly from them. Sideshow agreed to replace the one right hand and the one peg and that's it. It's fine I guess but it does give me a bit of pause from buying qmx stuff in the future as gung ho as I was before. I'm not sure if Picard's various issues are isolated or possibly reflective of the company. I had 0 issues with kirk and spock so I'm still kind of perplexed by this. It's clear that qmx is passionate about their licenses but I do wonder about the bodies of the figures and the issues they may have for in the future. I mean, I'm not saying Hot Toys is the only game in town, they clearly are not but it's funny to me how I have Hot Toys figures that I've now had for months and years who are still so much more durable than brand new ones from other companies. What IS their secret?

The thing is it was their mistake and not just a one off isolated incident. They knew the sculpts were stained and now they are making customers jump through hoops to get what they should have received in the first place. Pretty ridiculous IMO. The only thing that they should need is a picture and original receipt from wherever you purchased it from.

They knew staining would be an issue - that's why they wrapped them in plastic. So, they also knew the tunics would stain them at some point anyway, once in possession of the collector.

I've been told to cut his nose off and send a picture :lol

They say they can only fix it if you buy it directly from them. Sideshow agreed to replace the one right hand and the one peg and that's it. It's fine I guess but it does give me a bit of pause from buying qmx stuff in the future as gung ho as I was before. I'm not sure if Picard's various issues are isolated or possibly reflective of the company. I had 0 issues with kirk and spock so I'm still kind of perplexed by this. It's clear that qmx is passionate about their licenses but I do wonder about the bodies of the figures and the issues they may have for in the future. I mean, I'm not saying Hot Toys is the only game in town, they clearly are not but it's funny to me how I have Hot Toys figures that I've now had for months and years who are still so much more durable than brand new ones from other companies. What IS their secret?

Hot Toys have had recent issues with staining on the SS Joker figure, so even with their experience they still have issues from time to time.

Qmx's customer service is terrible. A customer should get a reply within a day. If not sooner. It takes them several days to reply if they even ever do. Customers shouldn't have to track down someone on social media for an answer either. So once you actually do get someone to answer after about a week of waiting you are told you have to go through the retailer which the retailer then has to contact them and wait for a reply. Horrible practice all around.

They knew staining would be an issue - that's why they wrapped them in plastic. So, they also knew the tunics would stain them at some point anyway, once in possession of the collector.

Did they really ask you that? lol

It sounds to me like you don't know much about 1:6 scale collecting. Hot Toys has had a ton of quality control issues over the years and they've only once responded to a massive QC issue with a replacement. QMX have only made a hand full of figures and had a problem with Mall Reynolds which they addressed, at least QMX has better customer service than Hot Toys going from that track record. The issues with Picard are still new so they may come through in the end on that one.

Learn about Hot Toys rubber melting or tearing and faux leather material disintegrating in this thread here before you buy another Hot Toys figure:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...s/82683-hot-toys-rubber-deterioration-79.html
That thread doesn't mention the issues with Iron Man armor discoloration or the paint flaking off the first Captain America releases shields.

There's a reason I never bought the ED-209, Alien Nostromo Astronauts, or Appleseed releases despite really wanting them.
Hot Toys knew about the rubber on the first ED-209 dome and joints cracking and disintegrating but did nothing to fix the issue, THEN issued a second version of ED-209 years later with the same issues but this time right out of the package:
https://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2014/07/hot-toys-robocop-16th-ed-209.html
Hot Toys didn't issue a replacement, you just had to return the whole figure for you money back.

Did they really ask you that? lol

Destruction of a flawed part, whole figure or statue that gets a replacement is also Sideshow's policy.

It sounds to me like you don't know much about 1:6 scale collecting. Hot Toys has had a ton of quality control issues over the years and they've only once responded to a massive QC issue with a replacement. QMX have only made a hand full of figures and had a problem with Mall Reynolds which they addressed, at least QMX has better customer service than Hot Toys going from that track record. The issues with Picard are still new so they may come through in the end on that one.

Learn about Hot Toys rubber melting or tearing and faux leather material disintegrating in this thread here before you buy another Hot Toys figure:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...s/82683-hot-toys-rubber-deterioration-79.html
That thread doesn't mention the issues with Iron Man armor discoloration or the paint flaking off the first Captain America releases shields.

There's a reason I never bought the ED-209, Alien Nostromo Astronauts, or Appleseed releases despite really wanting them.
Hot Toys knew about the rubber on the first ED-209 dome and joints cracking and disintegrating but did nothing to fix the issue, THEN issued a second version of ED-209 years later with the same issues but this time right out of the package:
https://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2014/07/hot-toys-robocop-16th-ed-209.html
Hot Toys didn't issue a replacement, you just had to return the whole figure for you money back.

Oh, don't mistake me, i'm well aware Hot Toys has had NUMEROUS problems. I'm only saying that I think, speaking in broad general terms, there products are a bit sturdier and I've been fortunate enough to get hot toys figures with little to no problems at all. Out of the 31 figures I own currently, 26 are hot toys so I know they have their issues. I guess with the QMX figures, I was so blown away by Kirk and Spock that I wasn't expecting for any of the figures to have any issues at all. Silly, I know, but that's my own fault.

As for the staining neck, it's not that big a deal for me. I had his wrist peg break off into his right hand and get stuck. That's what I needed the replacement for. Did I ask for another head too while I was at it? Yeah, I did, didn't hurt to ask but when they refused no big deal as 1. Mine isn't stained as bad as others I've seen and 2. With his collar up properly it isn't noticeable. It was more like,"while I've got you, can I get this too? No? That's okay".

Oh, don't mistake me, i'm well aware Hot Toys has had NUMEROUS problems. I'm only saying that I think, speaking in broad general terms, there products are a bit sturdier and I've been fortunate enough to get hot toys figures with little to no problems at all. Out of the 31 figures I own currently, 26 are hot toys so I know they have their issues. I guess with the QMX figures, I was so blown away by Kirk and Spock that I wasn't expecting for any of the figures to have any issues at all. Silly, I know, but that's my own fault.

As for the staining neck, it's not that big a deal for me. I had his wrist peg break off into his right hand and get stuck. That's what I needed the replacement for. Did I ask for another head too while I was at it? Yeah, I did, didn't hurt to ask but when they refused no big deal as 1. Mine isn't stained as bad as others I've seen and 2. With his collar up properly it isn't noticeable. It was more like,"while I've got you, can I get this too? No? That's okay".

I see you're referring to the broken wrist peg and how you've never experienced the same from HT. I've had a few broken HT figures, one that I can remember is the first release HT Scar Predator, the arm was extremely loose at the shoulder as soon as I got it out of the package, turned out to have been broken. Other stuff was fragile pieces on weapons which can be glued and fixed. I still hear from time to time about new HT figures with broken stuff especially the extra small wrist pegs on the SW trooper bodies, so it's just a roll of the dice with it more likely to be in your favor.
I've seen Picard in person, looked at one today in fact and I didn't see any staining despite the confirmation from the store owner that there was some but it's not visible. I'm getting closer and closer to ordering one, just need to save up.

Does anyone actually work for Qmx?? Been over a week since I sent them several emails with no reply.....

Does anyone actually work for Qmx?? Been over a week since I sent them several emails with no reply.....

Try messaging them on Facebook. That worked for me. The guy says he works remotely though so you'll have to give him time to contact his "headquarters". He also said after comic con, many people at QMX were going on vacation. Be advised, if you didn't buy him directly from QMX, they can't help you though.

My replacement hand and peg will be here on Tuesday according to tracking. Let's hope it all works out so I can finally enjoy my figure. I've had Picard posed this whole time and I can't get over how much better the likeness looks in person. The head doesn't look oversized at all as many said in reviews.

My replacement right hand and peg arrived today. They also sent me an extra "make it so" hand. That's fine. Much happier. Pics upcoming...

Back