QMx 1:6 Star Trek: TNG - Jean Luc Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my Picard yesterday, he has some staining around the neck, but it's not noticeable unless his tunic is off. However, I manage to break both wrist pegs swapping out the hands! I found some spares, so it's not a disaster. I guess I have to be more careful, but they seemed way more fragile than others I've worked with.

Still really like the figure. I may try another body to fill out the tunic a little better. I'll see how he looks to me in a few more days.

Tom

I got my Picard yesterday, he has some staining around the neck, but it's not noticeable unless his tunic is off. However, I manage to break both wrist pegs swapping out the hands! I found some spares, so it's not a disaster. I guess I have to be more careful, but they seemed way more fragile than others I've worked with.

Still really like the figure. I may try another body to fill out the tunic a little better. I'll see how he looks to me in a few more days.

Tom

I use a blow dryer to heat up the hands So the pegs don't break

When the belt issue came up with the tos figures I had thought Qmx responded quickly. I don't get why they've become so tight lipped. Dave and Nan are bound to be reading this thread.

When the belt issue came up with the tos figures I had thought Qmx responded quickly. I don't get why they've become so tight lipped. Dave and Nan are bound to be reading this thread.

Well, it's a more serious and probably costly issue, so I guess it's a matter of making everyone happy while negotiating toughly on the other side. I'm sure they'll step in... When the time is right.

Well, it's a more serious and probably costly issue, so I guess it's a matter of making everyone happy while negotiating toughly on the other side. I'm sure they'll step in... When the time is right.

I'm not. This has all the trademarks of a company waiting and hoping for something to blow over and largely go away, and then just dealing with the hardcore remnants that are left and still demanding action. Which will probably just end in offers of returning for a full refund, or the giving of a discount coupon that can be used with the next release.

I hope I'm proven wrong, though. I sincerely do.

Perhaps more people need to help stoke the fire. All the customers who got defective heads which seems like everyone need to chime in and not sit back and "hope" a solution is just going to pop up. Not just on here but through email or posts on their social media. Im sure some people have. I hate to say and i hope im wrong but it seems as though they are wanting this to quietly go away and for the stains to be ignored and for customers to just settle. Either way customers are going to be a bit more leary I would imagine of QMX with their next release.

I'm not. This has all the trademarks of a company waiting and hoping for something to blow over and largely go away, and then just dealing with the hardcore remnants that are left and still demanding action. Which will probably just end in offers of returning for a full refund, or the giving of a discount coupon that can be used with the next release.

I hope I'm proven wrong, though. I sincerely do.

I totality agree with this. They have lost my respect by not even publicly acknowledging the issue.

Least they could do is say they f'ed up (which as a new company I don't even hold against them) say they will take back any returned items (most people will be too lazy to send it back) and say they will offer all disgruntled customers a discount on a future product, even if it's just free shipping or whatever.

These guys have been quasi heroes for me to have been able to pump out 4 decent trek figures of all things (a license no one wanted to touch with a 10 foot pole) in under a year. I don't want them to be bankrupt to have to hit the breaks now... but if it means for better QC then obviously.

But to be completely honest they have left a very bad taste in my mouth for how they handled (or rather have not handled) this situation. Very uncool and not a good way to start.

If you ordered from Sideshow. Start pumping the Sideshow reps with telephone and e-mail complaints. I have (with respectable language), so they know that some collectors are pissed about this...

Only way to get results...

My return label is in and he'll be on the first shuttle back to sideshowville. I don't particularly regret it because I'm unable to throw money at items with issues like this. Choose your battles wisely I guess. At least I'll have the extra dough for something else.

My return label is in and he'll be on the first shuttle back to sideshowville. I don't particularly regret it because I'm unable to throw money at items with issues like this. Choose your battles wisely I guess. At least I'll have the extra dough for something else.

Good man. Everyone needs to return, or better yet, don't buy at all. That's how you stoke the fire.

Qmx guy told me the only thing they have on order is replacement heads... so I spoke up that the tunics were causing the problem and the new heads might get stained too......

Crickets.

For what it's worth, after repainting the neck on mine a few weeks ago, I haven't seen any new staining at all. So it's possible whatever extra dye was in the collar has already been absorbed and it won't be an issue with the replacement heads (or if there is any, it'll be much more minimal).

Acrylic paint won't absorb the dye like pvc so that's why you didn't see new staining

New heads in the same material? Will stain.

If the new heads have a new material there's a chance

Got an email from Kit (OSK) that my replacement head for picard from Asmus on route.

Last edited:
Received this today.

20170714_104622.jpg
20170714_104330.jpg
20170714_104358.jpg

Back