QMx 1:6 Star Trek: TNG - Jean Luc Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I stand corrected. QMX responded to my inquiry and said they're shipping out replacement heads soon! All I need to do is send them a photo of the stained head for verification. Thanks QMX and to those on this forum who alerted me to this program!

Sending email now. Thanks for the heads-up. :duff

I ordered from QMX directly. To get my response I just sent a polite e-mail to their customer service department, gave them my order number, explained my problem and said that I'd heard QMX was offering replacement heads due to the staining issue.
If you ordered from another retailer, I'd suggest going through your retailer to get a resolution.
My one hiccup now is that by the time I got round to sending the pics they requested, I got the automatic response about them being out of the office for SDCC. Hopefully that won't cause a problem.

They said the new heads are painted with different paint to prevent staining.

Not sure what to think of that though. Perhaps they've used a clear-coat of some description.

so, I just got my Picard. It has the neck staining. I don't care too much. The rest of the figure was great....until, his wrist peg on his right hand broke off as soon as I tried to change it from the right hand to the "make it so" hand. I called QMX directly and only got there voicemail. Is this the same situation as the email? Will I not get a response until after comic con :( This sucks. I'm down. I was all hyped up when I opened him and I couldn't get over how much I loved the suit and the headsculpt(it looks so much better in person) and then this happens. I went through some of my other figures trying to find a replacement peg to put in the make it so hand for a short time. Tried an Hot Toys Agent Coulson but that peg didn't fit right and Pepper Potts one was too loose. I put a New Hope Luke Skywalker one in and it fits somewhat but it's not as secure as I'd like it. I don't think the QMX figs come with extra pegs and I don't know how to pry the half peg out of the right hand either. I'm now afraid to mess with his left hand at all. What's my solution, guys?

I am gonna use the stained Picard head and place it on the TWOK Kirk or Spock set once released. That way i have him in his other dress uniform worn from the movie or the series.

I am gonna use the stained Picard head and place it on the TWOK Kirk or Spock set once released. That way i have him in his other dress uniform worn from the movie or the series.

That's a good idea, he did wear something similar early in his career when he was stationed on the Stargazer.
I looked up images and he did wear the old movie uniform, but it was without the turtle neck which would help you hide the staining.
jean-luc-picard-20080618025738558-000.jpg

Contacted Nanjin. He told me what I need to do. Most of it will have to wait until the con is over though as QMX is mostly all there right now. I guess it's fine. For now, I'll just pose him with Kirk and Spock. I'm off today but will be working the next 5 days and then early next week, come back to this.

so, I just got my Picard. It has the neck staining. I don't care too much. The rest of the figure was great....until, his wrist peg on his right hand broke off as soon as I tried to change it from the right hand to the "make it so" hand. I called QMX directly and only got there voicemail. Is this the same situation as the email? Will I not get a response until after comic con :( This sucks. I'm down. I was all hyped up when I opened him and I couldn't get over how much I loved the suit and the headsculpt(it looks so much better in person) and then this happens. I went through some of my other figures trying to find a replacement peg to put in the make it so hand for a short time. Tried an Hot Toys Agent Coulson but that peg didn't fit right and Pepper Potts one was too loose. I put a New Hope Luke Skywalker one in and it fits somewhat but it's not as secure as I'd like it. I don't think the QMX figs come with extra pegs and I don't know how to pry the half peg out of the right hand either. I'm now afraid to mess with his left hand at all. What's my solution, guys?
happened to me too, broke my peg in less than 5min... was very disappointed. talked to CS trough facebook messenger, they were very quick to reply, but said they would not provide any peg, unless it was the store to ask for a replacement. so got in touch with my store, and they said they would get me one. still waiting

in the meantime, also got me Captain Phasma Hot Toys, and that beauty does come with extra pegs, which fit very nicely (feels almost perfect)... but the peg is black :S

also been trying to get the broken plastic piece that broke off from inside the hand... has been a nightmare. cant get it out. did you manage to remove it? (dremel would be last resort, a bit pricey just to get a friggin peg out)

also been trying to get the broken plastic piece that broke off from inside the hand... has been a nightmare. cant get it out. did you manage to remove it? (dremel would be last resort, a bit pricey just to get a friggin peg out)

A few things will work. But the easiest is to get a sewing pin(the one with a head on it), a pair of pliers and a lighter. Hold the pin in the pliers tightly with about an inch of the pin protruding from the pliers. Then use the lighter to heat up the pinhead until it's orange. Push the hot pinhead into the wrist which is stuck. If will sink right in there. Then leave it for ten minutes in the fridge for the peg to cool down. The pin is now sealed in there. Just use the pliers again to pull the pin and the peg out.

A few things will work. But the easiest is to get a sewing pin(the one with a head on it), a pair of pliers and a lighter. Hold the pin in the pliers tightly with about an inch of the pin protruding from the pliers. Then use the lighter to heat up the pinhead until it's orange. Push the hot pinhead into the wrist which is stuck. If will sink right in there. Then leave it for ten minutes in the fridge for the peg to cool down. The pin is now sealed in there. Just use the pliers again to pull the pin and the peg out.

Interesting trick! When this happens to me what I do is get a pin vice and drill bit that's smaller than the peg, drill the bit into the peg and see if the peg will come out with the bit still in the plastic. If the bit comes out, I try to get a screw small enough for the hole and screw it in and use that to pull the pin out.
Next time I have the issue I'll try your way.

Interesting trick! When this happens to me what I do is get a pin vice and drill bit that's smaller than the peg, drill the bit into the peg and see if the peg will come out with the bit still in the plastic. If the bit comes out, I try to get a screw small enough for the hole and screw it in and use that to pull the pin out.
Next time I have the issue I'll try your way.

That will work too.

happened to me too, broke my peg in less than 5min... was very disappointed. talked to CS trough facebook messenger, they were very quick to reply, but said they would not provide any peg, unless it was the store to ask for a replacement. so got in touch with my store, and they said they would get me one. still waiting

in the meantime, also got me Captain Phasma Hot Toys, and that beauty does come with extra pegs, which fit very nicely (feels almost perfect)... but the peg is black :S

This makes me nervous. I haven't heard anything back from qmx at all and I've emailed and called. I didn't buy mine from a store, I got it from sideshow. Does it mean I have to ask them for pegs instead of qmx? I'm discouraged. I asked Nanjin yesterday and he said qmx team just got back from sdcc yesterday and should reply to my email soon. Now I'm worried I won't get a peg :(

Does sideshow have qmx pegs by chance? Worried :(

Finally got in contact with a qmx guy via facebook messenger. We were all set till he heard I ordered it from sideshow. Then I had to go through them. Talked to a sideshow guy via messenger too and filled out a form. They say they'll have a solution of some sort in 3 roughly 3 days. Here's hoping everything works out. I'm tired of looking at Picard standing there staticly. I want to take pics, pose him with Kirk and maybe my Toys Era Cyclops lol, have fun with him.

This makes me nervous. I haven't heard anything back from qmx at all and I've emailed and called. I didn't buy mine from a store, I got it from sideshow. Does it mean I have to ask them for pegs instead of qmx? I'm discouraged. I asked Nanjin yesterday and he said qmx team just got back from sdcc yesterday and should reply to my email soon. Now I'm worried I won't get a peg :(

Does sideshow have qmx pegs by chance? Worried :(

You almost always have to get a replacement for a defective product from the company you bought it from whether that's from an online retailer, brick and mortar retailer, or a private seller. On rare occasions you can get help from the manufacturer.
If you ask Sideshow, they might be able to help you out, I've had defective items made by another company such as Hot Toys bought from Sideshow's website and replaced by going through Sideshow without a problem.

My Picard from sideshow will be here in the morning. So if he's stained, I just take a picture and send it to QMX? Or is this only for folks who ordered from them directly?

You would need to contact the retailer that sold you the figure.

In regards to protecting the neck - has anyone thought to paint the inside of the tunic with something very durable, like a clear nail polish? It's supposed to be stiff anyway, so I don't think you'd have to worry about it altering the appearance of the collar.

In regards to protecting the neck - has anyone thought to paint the inside of the tunic with something very durable, like a clear nail polish? It's supposed to be stiff anyway, so I don't think you'd have to worry about it altering the appearance of the collar.

I said as much before but no-one listened, lol.
If you brushed the inside of the collar with liquid latex all around, when it set, you'd have an impermeable membrane that would stop a replacement head from being discoloured.

Iv just got my Picard with the stained neck and don't really see the problem its not noticeable with the collar up.?
Found it strange mine had plastic round the neck but stained under it.

Back