QMx 1:6 Star Trek: TNG - Jean Luc Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They need to do something to fix this for us, it's not an option not to.

But until they say publicly they won't or they simply ignore us I won't be throwing them under the bus we need to give them a chance.

But by having plastic over his neck on the box they either knew it was or could be a problem... so what were they expecting releasing it like that?

They need to do something to fix this for us, it's not an option not to.

But until they say publicly they won't or they simply ignore us I won't be throwing them under the bus we need to give them a chance.

But by having plastic over his neck on the box they either knew it was or could be a problem... so what were they expecting releasing it like that?

It's pretty evident they knew about the problem, that's why you guys have figures with plastic over the problem. They saw it right before shipping and chose to ship it anyway. They're silence on the issue so far is confirmation. You guys need to just return the figure to where ever you bought it from and move on. It's sdcc time, too many awesome products coming out to waste money on this. Worry about Picard down the line, he's not going anywhere.

Trust QMX - they'll do right by you. They're a good company. If they mess up, screw people over, etc. this time, then we can talk. Give them a little faith.

It took some time but I received a full refund on the figure. I'm happy about that. Maybe the fix will be good enough to consider it another time or maybe I'll pick one up dirt cheap in the future. For now, Kirk and Spock will do.

I have been having a read through the comments here this morning and just wanted to jump in.

QMx are going to address the issue. They want to make sure they have it right before publicly announcing what they are going to do about it.

They are looking in to a few solutions I know about. We just need everyone to be a little patient. QMx are new to the 1/6 game and these things happen. Hot Toys have been going for over 15 years and just had the same issue with one of their releases.

I teamed up with QMx in the first place as they are a great company that listens and cares. They will sort this issue out.

I also wanted to say about people considering buying the figure later on, these are limited in numbers. Less so than Kirk, Spock and McCoy.

Apart from the staining it is a fantastic figure and The Facebook group I run is full of positive feedback about them :).

Cheers!

Got mine from Aaron and very pleased with it , the neck is stained as they all are and it is pretty bad but im confident that QMX will sort this out for us , And the figure is absolutely brilliant.

20170609_200958.jpg

20170609_204907.jpg

If they re-release him with smaller head and no QC issues I may reconsider.
Yes, I may reconsider despite hatin' that awful thick AF collar. :lol
It's in their interest. Without Picard I'll have to skip the entire TNG line.

I really like the Picard figure. As I wrote earlier in this thread, it's a shame that it has these issues. I still recommend getting the figure if you are a fan of the series or character. It truly captures "Jean Luc Picard" in 1/6th scale.

So, now that there's a Kirk chair, I hope to God they will release a Picard chair.

Those of you who've gone down the padding route, how easy is it to access the shoulders? Is there a zip on the uniform top or is it sewn shut? Will I need to get in through the 'neck hole'?

It's not that hard to take the tunic off. The zipper in the back doesn't undo completely, but it goes up high enough that you can pull the tunic off the body. Just keep an eye on the communicator badge and rank pips as you do so, to make sure they don't come off.

And afterwards I found that it's easier to put the neck back inside the collar while it's still somewhat loose at the top, and before you pull the tunic all the way back down again. Because otherwise it's a massive pain pulling that super tight collar up the neck.

Jean Luc has arrived. To say I'm impressed is an understatement. I guess I'm lucky in that it has the most minimal staining I've seen yet, just the tiniest amount right down at the base of the neck a long way away from ever being visible. I'll also say I'm reconsidering padding him too, as the head looks absolutely fine in hand.

Now I just have to find a place to put him... I still haven't unpacked Bones! And I'll have that chair to find room for in a few months....

Painted his hair a bit grayer and made his eyebrows a bit darker and thicker like they should be. He's still looking a tad too old for TNG of course, but it's still undeniably Picard and I'm more than happy with it now.

20170615_114658 (584x900).jpg

20170615_114809 (534x900).jpg

20170615_114705 (551x1000).jpg

Yeeeeeah..... After seeing those pics, I'm back to considering padding. That looks spectacular. Did you just do the shoulders? Or anywhere else?

I'll try doing the shoulders of mine with some jewellery sponge (the kind of stuff you find in ring boxes) its not too thick and it has a felt backing that should do the job Dave's cardboard has.

DaveJames - great mods, I can literally hear Picard's voice when looking at your latest pics ... you may have convinced me to give this figure a go

Back