QMx 1:6 Star Trek: TNG - Jean Luc Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picard arrived.

I'm testing him out on a Disney Krennic body.

Looking good so far as the tunic just fits and it gives him the square shoulders he should have.

The body Picard arrived on might be useful for Snowspeeder Luke when he gets here.
Lots of great info on the body there, but there was one thing I was hoping you'd mention... What's the staining like on this batch that's come into the UK? I'll be getting mine in the second shipment coming in next week, you mentioned QMX were checking the UK ones, does it look like they have?

Seems like everyones in the same boat with this figure. Since I purchased through sideshow am I stuck with them for a return or can I take this to Qmx themselves? Here's the one pic I took before he went right back in the box:

View attachment 345440

Just like others have said the head is too big. The shoulders not wide or straight enough. The legs too skinny to compensate for the muffin top. That's before the tunic stains and pip/communicator falling off. With all thats going on with this one I don't know if I can stay interested.

yes that picture says it all- shoulders not right and head is too big- a pity as i think the sculpt is well done. pass for me...

Actually I wonder if that narrower Picard body might be a good one to use for Spock or McCoy, since the current bodies are clearly way too broad-shouldered for them...

I'm almost done putting him back together.

One issue that's apparent is that the body he comes with has very short arms, so the tunic sleeve rides up too high if you try the "Make it so" pose.

Just got to change the wrist pegs over then I can take some photos.

Okay some quick shots. Haven't settled on hands/pose yet.

100_6261_zpspopmcasa.jpg

35050687445_3461951118_o.jpg

34662876520_1eaebeed03_o.jpg

100_6260_zpscncie8il.jpg

You can cut a little off his arm length and drill so the pegs will work. Then he would be fine

Customizing a brand new figure at 175 bucks right out of the box to make it look decent. Well that says it all.....

It's not ideal, but ultimately all that matters is what the figure looks like in the end. And if it takes a bit of extra work to make it look its best, then it's totally worth it in my opinion.

BTW, for others interested in a Krennic body, the Disney store has them discounted to only $11.99 now.

My arrived today, same stains here on the neck also noticed some on the body and shoulders. My tunic looks maroon, is it supposed to be that way? it does not look red at all.

Got mine in from SS today! Stains...check; rank beads on collar detached but found in box...check; assessment that the body needs broader shoulders...check; loose ankles left foot (fixed) by pressing ankles into shin...check

Despite the shortcomings the head sculpt, accessories, outfit are top notch. My wife took one look at it and said 'wow that's Picard.'

The truly sad part is Dave and Nan were pretty interactive on this thread until the issues cropped up. Now it kind of feels like we're being stonewalled. I'd really like to hear what their resolution is and how we as customers can go about getting the parts we need to fix it. At the end of the day I would love to have a well made Picard setting on my shelf with none of the issues and none of the worries. Until then, I'll be looking to get my money back.

Body swap looks good. I just ordered a Krennic from the Disney Store. Hopefully it will work but will be a while before I test it out. I'll also try to add padding or cut out some plastic inserts to make the shoulders more square. At $20 it's about the price of a knockoff and I can use the body for another figure. Plus I'll have a Krennic outfit for bashing if HT never produces the figure.

The truly sad part is Dave and Nan were pretty interactive on this thread until the issues cropped up. Now it kind of feels like we're being stonewalled. I'd really like to hear what their resolution is and how we as customers can go about getting the parts we need to fix it. At the end of the day I would love to have a well made Picard setting on my shelf with none of the issues and none of the worries. Until then, I'll be looking to get my money back.

I concur... much respect for both individuals but something needs to be addressed at this point. Probably the biggest flop of a high end 1/6 release I've seen in years, maybe ever.

Got mine tonight. I echo the sentiments of a lot of the people in this thread have already stated. Bizarre proportions really bring this figure down, with narrow shoulders, a short torso, no butt, and extremely long legs giving it an odd look.

What's strange is that a lot of these problems would have been welcome on Spock or McCoy, who were both made way too buff for some strange reason.

Already a few thoughts on here on how to fix these proportions, but unfortunately no one seems to be able to tackle how to get the shirt the right color. Way too dark maroon. I don't care what QMX says; the shirt wasn't this color.

Well I gave the Krennic body a shot, but unfortunately couldn't figure out how to make it work as well as Kuat did. For one thing I'm not sure how I'm supposed to attach the head (other than to just let the tightness of the collar hold it in place) since the neck peg is too low and any of my neck extenders make the neck too long. And while the wider shoulders definitely look a lot better, the rest of the body was so loose and floppy that I found it hard to put in any kind of natural pose.

So think I'll just stick with the stock body for mine, at least for now.

...What's the staining like on this batch that's come into the UK? I'll be getting mine in the second shipment coming in next week, you mentioned QMX were checking the UK ones, does it look like they have?

There were some stains on the one I received, but thankfully they are covered when the collar is pulled up to the right position.

All that needs to be done is they run another batch of head sculpts and send them out to people with issues. You can send them a picture of your sculpt and original receipt. They will lose money but it is better to lose a little money than to lose customers for poor quality control.

With all the QA issues, I wondered if the defective one
will eventually be marked down and those who bought
get a sizable credit or refund ?

Picard arrived.

I'm testing him out on a Disney Krennic body.

Looking good so far as the tunic just fits and it gives him the square shoulders he should have.

The body Picard arrived on might be useful for Snowspeeder Luke when he gets here.

I looked on their website and the only Krennic they have is 10", which one are you referring too?

I had the same thing with the neck. I wasn't sure whether it was connected or not, but it settled in tight and looked to be set at the correct height.

I didn't have a problem with holding a pose. While the joints aren't as stiff as a HT, they aren't unworkable like the old Sideshow Prometheus. There must be a bit of variation in quality with these as I've used five and been happy with all of them.

I've never tried it, but people have tightened joints by putting glue in them, and working the joint until it's set.

Yeah it's still a pretty decent body for the price, and I'm sure I'll still get some good use out of it at some point.

Back