QMx 1:6 Star Trek: TNG - Jean Luc Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up in contact with two reps by accident. I flat told them that these had issues and I didn't want the product due to that. One said I'd stand to lose fifty in rp, twenty-five in giftcard, and around twenty in nrd. The other said exactly what you have. Returning it will be the route I take if the staining is too bad or isn't resolved correctly.

Last edited:
If you haven't already, you could explain to them that all of these are stained and they're going to be encountering more problems regarding this figure.

Not all of them. Mine was not stained, but mine was also not attached to the body in the box.

If QMX comes up with some kind of head replacement program, it would seem odd to me if that wasn't also extended to those who bought their figures from sellers like Sideshow.

Not all of them. Mine was not stained, but mine was also not attached to the body in the box.

Then it doesn't really count does it. lol

If QMX comes up with some kind of head replacement program, it would seem odd to me if that wasn't also extended to those who bought their figures from sellers like Sideshow.

Issue isn't the head. It's the tunic. Of course once the tunic stains the head it becomes both. A replacement head means nothing when the tunic will likely stain the new head as well.

The preventative measure would be to take the tunic off and wash it in warm water, and try to rinse out any excess dye. That is typically the culprit in these scenarios.

If the head is stained by the turnic , I wondered
would the body be stained badly as well.

The uniform has many black stripes . Has anyone
Taken the uniform off to see ?

The preventative measure would be to take the tunic off and wash it in warm water, and try to rinse out any excess dye. That is typically the culprit in these scenarios.

Only problem is, don't you then risk the black dye bleeding into the red of the tunic as you wash it out?

Think I'd rather just tape the inside of the collar myself.

Only problem is, don't you then risk the black dye bleeding into the red of the tunic as you wash it out?

Think I'd rather just tape the inside of the collar myself.

If anyone gets their head with no stains, i'd recommend taking the tunic off, and painting the inside of the neck of the tunic with latex. It will be a barrier against further seeping of the black dye.

I would not be surprised if Pickard get blown out
And they start selling them for $100

What are they going to do with the first batch that
Are all stained ? I personally would still prefer to pay
more to get a non defective one though

Even though I am mostly an original series fan, I think this Picard figure is pretty damn nice! QMX is doing a fine job on Trek, and I hope, for my sake, that they complete at least the main seven Characters of TOS. But I would love for them to take it further with Rand, Chapel, Klingons, Andorians, Romulans, Gorn etc....

Managed to cancel my PO and glad I did. It has been weeks and hardly any action or comments from QMx. They should have jumped on this. Faith is lost.

Replacement head will not mean a thing. The tunics need replacing too.

Mine will be here thursday. At this point all I can do is report it if it's stained and hope Qmx fix is a good one. Whether I keep it beyond that point is a whole other issue. I'm probably fine with Kirk and Spock.

Expecting mine tomorrow. Crossing my fingers that the staining won't be too bad (although if it is I'll probably just repaint the neck myself instead of waiting however many months it takes for QMX to resolve the problem).

What I'm actually most curious about is seeing what that headsculpt looks like in hand. In some pics and videos the likeness has looked pretty darn good, but in others I've had to really struggle to see much Picard in there.

Managed to cancel my PO and glad I did. It has been weeks and hardly any action or comments from QMx. They should have jumped on this. Faith is lost.

Replacement head will not mean a thing. The tunics need replacing too.

The whole figure needs to be redone. Back to the drawing board boys.

Interesting to see how QMX responds. Will they fix everything (and lose a lot of $) or do a 'Sideshow' and let it bleed out.

Well I got my Picard today, and I gotta say overall I'm a LOT more impressed with it than I was expecting. Yeah the staining is pretty bad on the neck (most of which can be covered up by the collar), and the proportions will need to be improved a bit here and there, but even with those issues I still find myself loving the look of this figure quite a bit.

And yes the likeness seems to work a lot better in hand as well, and for my money does more than enough to capture Picard. And under the right lighting can look even better.

Only had time to take a few quick pics while at work, but figured I'd share anyway:

IMG_20170531_104034~01.jpg

IMG_20170531_104143~01.jpg

IMG_20170531_103941~01.jpg

I may have missed it but has anyone heard back from QMX about the staining issue??

A member of a group I'm in finally got a hold of someone at Qmx. They wouldn't reply via email so the member found their directory and made contact by phone. Word is they are waiting for parts and said it would be a 3 to 4 months before they got them. Fun, fun, fun.

Back