QMx 1:6 Star Trek: TNG - Jean Luc Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know what, I'm starting to think that my memory AND Google is wrong. So I know for sure TNG had the "cricket" phaser, the really simple, goofy looking standard sized phaser and the straight handled "cobra head". So all those pictures showing the Boomarang handled being on Next Gen.....I think might be a load of crap. So I submit to your knowledge and not googles.

The phaser that comes with Picard is from the Next Generation. You're thinking of the straight handled type II 'cobra head' phaser..which was on earlier TNG episodes. But the 'boomerang' version (that comes with the figure) first appeared on The Next Generation. Just google "Star Trek the next generation phaser" and you'll see close up images from TNG of the boomerang handled phaser.

The cobra head was used from season 3 right through the end of the show and into Generations the first appearance of the boomerang was definitely first contact, so in that respect it IS a next gen phaser, just not the one that should come with this figure. I think the mistake stems from the fact that this Picard was prototyped in the FC uniform, and the phaser has carried over. The tricorder however IS correct, as the FC one is silver and known as the 'chisel head'

Ohh. Yeah I was brushing up on my knowledge with the phaser history..didn't know about the tricorders. You know, I never remember red data pads (only gray). But I'm sure they're accurate..they just look off not being in standard Starfleet gray.

I just looked at some photos and they did have gray PADDs on Next Gen as well. Wish they'd went with that over the put of place red.

I know I've mentioned this already (but not sure if anyone said anything), but do you recall Picard ever using a phaser rifle on TNG? I only remember him holding the Romulan duplicate (I believe it was). Even though I don't have that accessory, this has become one of the most difficult 6th scale figures pick a look. Probably going to go with them holding the cup of Earl Grey and making the 'make it so' gesture.

The phaser that comes with Picard is from the Next Generation. You're thinking of the straight handled type II 'cobra head' phaser..which was on earlier TNG episodes. But the 'boomerang' version (that comes with the figure) first appeared on The Next Generation. Just google "Star Trek the next generation phaser" and you'll see close up images from TNG of the boomerang handled phaser.

You're wrong. Picard comes with the second phaser, from DS9 S4/FC/VOY S2 onwards.

Yeah, I knew it was the wrong Phaser, I'm very knowledgeble when it comes to Trek everywhere from ship names, design, weapons uniforms and etc.

I literally have a full size replica of this Phaser in my den and it's from First Contact.

I remember going to see Insurrection with my girlfriend at the time and then heading to Wal-Mart and buying the Playmates version of that Phaser. I felt like a big nerd doing that but man, I loved that design.

Well, SideShow boned me. I tried to cancel but their policies are so bad I would essentially lose a hundred bucks doing it. So yeah, not remotely happy with either company at the moment.

Last edited:
It's been a week since QMX said they were looking into the Picard staining situation. That's a long time to write "Dear Valued Customer, We're shipping a new head to you right away. So sorry about that."

I must admit I'm close to just asking for a refund. :(

It's been a week since QMX said they were looking into the Picard staining situation. That's a long time to write "Dear Valued Customer, We're shipping a new head to you right away. So sorry about that."

I must admit I'm close to just asking for a refund. :(

You deserve a refund

Received the exclusive Picard through Onesixthkit, It has stains below or around the neck area. The collar does however cover them up.

20170524_125726_1.jpg

20170524_125034.jpg

Last edited:
Looks fantastic! I assume that's a Dragon phaser? It looks so much better sith the correct design. I wonder if there are any dragon phaser on eBay?

Edit: it's not a Dragon.... I've looked closer.... I would say I need specs, but I already wear them fir reading!

Received mine from USH today and it is stained as much as that photo from Toy Anxiety was. When the collar is raised up a little higher than is should be it covers it, but if the head is turned to the side the purple staining shows in the lowered centre bit of the collar.

As a side note, would it be possible for someone to make a interest list/project for an accurate cobra head phaser? Or would that be against the rules because of QMX having the licence?

Last edited:
I placed strips of double side tape inside the collar of the tunic so it wouldn't stain the neck further. Not sure if that will help, i will keep a eye on it til qmx fixes the problem.

Here are some pictures of the DML phasers from the Data figure... they're the same phasers that come with the DML Worf and Picard. I think I'm going to convert the DML Picard into Locatus of Borg--once I get the QMX Picard.

dml-tng-phaser01.JPG

dml-tng-phaser02.JPG

Their isn't any curve, just a straight handle at an obtuse angle to the business end of the phaser.

Tom

Qmx told me they are waiting on replacement parts and that they will definitely fix the problem.

Fingers crossed it's not just a head replacement. Since the head isn't the issue but the tunic.

You're wrong. Picard comes with the second phaser, from DS9 S4/FC/VOY S2 onwards.
Yeah, I posted this message below after the one you commented about. So I figured out I was mislead.
"You know what, I'm starting to think that my memory AND Google is wrong. So I know for sure TNG had the "cricket" phaser, the really simple, goofy looking standard sized phaser and the straight handled "cobra head". So all those pictures showing the Boomarang handled being on Next Gen.....I think might be a load of crap. So I submit to your knowledge and not googles."

Does anyone recall Picard ever using a phaser rifle on TNG? I only remember him holding the forgery (Romulan built I believe).

Went into my Den to show my Neighbor my Captain Picard (She's a big Trek fan) and his damn captain pips were gone.... wth

Apparently the glue didn't hold and they just fell off. He's ontop of one of my detolfs because they're currently filled and I'm waiting on another to come from Amazon, so it just fell on the hard wood floor. My Wife likes to keep a clean house so she had done a sweep of the den and it took 2 hours to find it lol.

I got it glued on tightly now but damn QMx.... the hell. Bad enough about the stains, now ****s popping off. If I hadn't found it, hell would have been raised to QMx.

I know expect to see the communicator pin popped off. I love this figure, I mean love it! But damn, quality issues like this piss me off on a 200 dollar figure. This is my first from QMx, so it's not exactly installing me with alot of confidence considering his neck is stained and his pips fell off.

Back