QMx 1:6 Star Trek: TNG - Jean Luc Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm keeping my eye on this as well. I do want to buy one, however the staining is holding me back. Hope this gets a fix soon.

Something just occurred to me today. There was absolutely no mention of staining in Michael Crawford's review. So either there are ones out there without this problem, or (and this is where it goes a bit tin foil hat) his review figure was cherry picked. But that would mean prior knowledge of the problem, which seems unlikely (hopefully)

You're right! I'm telling you, QMx is run by the Freemasons and the illuminati! That's common knowledge!

Maybe Michael Crawford just didn't look because the issue wasn't known right away. He could have just had a figure with only a bit of the staining. I watched The Review Spot's video on YouTube and he made no mention of it either. I asked him in the comments section if his had it and he replied that there was a little. So I doubt QMX are just giving out good samples to reviewers.

I think I knew as I typed it that it was a load of rubbish! As I said, tinfoil hat territory. But when there's so little feedback from the top it's easy to go a little nuts.

Just so you know, I'm joking!

But I think they knew the problem since they added the plastic band.
Maybe the one they sent Michael was fresh off the factory and staining hadn't happened yet. Maybe the way they're conditioned plays a role too. If they were stored in a wet environment, it could have accelerated the staining. I guess we'll know when the other batches finally reach everyone.

He mentions staining... and the plastic wrap that wasn't well wrapped.

And yes, the second issue focuses on the neck. As I mentioned earlier, there's a plastic wrap around the neck to prevent any bleed of the clothing dye into the porous skin. Unfortunately, mine wasn't wrapped all the way down to the base, and there are red splotches on the bottom section of the neck. On the plus side, the collar (when properly pulled up) covers these spots, but I still know they are there. Collectors by nature are a bit OCD, and we always know these things are there, lurking just out of sight...

I'm hopeful that this sort of staining won't occur longer term while the figure is on display. This normally happens only when the clothing is new and the head sculpt fresh - as the dye sets longer term, it's less likely to stain.

Would also set a bad precedent if they just ignored this or gave some half-assed patch. It's really a good test of CS.
They had a second batch of heads made, and included with all the first batch of Mal figures, from what I understand. So, they handled it right there. But this can't be a cheap proposition.

I imagine repainting a bunch of necks would be cheaper than what they had to do for Mal, but it's probably still going to be a huge pain for them.

And I can't really see them replacing every uniform tunic. More likely they'll just offer some kind of quick fix like taping over the inside of the collar to prevent further staining.

I sure am glad that QMx finally replied to the issues with my figure and sent me a prepaid return label. As opposed to people complaining about the next stains and receiving emails stating they will get back to them at some point. I was ready to pay $20 to mail it back.

As big of a Star Trek & 1/6 scale collector that I am..I don't see why you'd want to spend $20 more just for a phaser rifle - and especially considering Picard never used one. I mean, I barely remember ANYONE on Next Generation using them. Even though I've seen every episode probably 2 dozen times, somebody please let me know if Picard ever used a phaser rifle. I mean I remember him handling a Romulan copy, but that's it.

..I wonder when Worf will be coming out. I'm sure a bat'leth will the exclusive for them. Now that's a must have $20 accessory! Plus I'd love it if we got a sculpted hair version (don't care for the Barbie doll rooted hair). Works well on Yoda and Chewie of course, but no so much on Worf. With the movie Picard being made and coming with a rifle, it'd be awesome for it to come with the vest..so you could replicate them from First Contact when he actually used one of those things.

I bought the Dragon Models Worf from like 5 years ago and I think he came with the rifle. I ended up putting him in a spare Klingon outfit from the Mego Star Trek The Motion Picture line. The body was the football player for height and muscle and the bat'leth and sash were both really nice. The Worf likeness was okay for back then but seeing the Dragon Picard vs the QMX Picard really makes me excited for a QMX Worf. I personally think he is best character there is in the Star Trek universe. I am also a big fan of Klingons.

I got the phaser rifle for future proofing in case another figure doesn't come with one or I want more than one person to have it. We'll see. Now come on QMX, lets figure out this head situation. :)

I got the exclusive version. Head was attached, with plastic around the neck. As a result of this thread I took the head off to look, and there are stains, but they are well below the collar line so it's not a big deal. Assuming there is no risk of future staining, of course, which would be nice to clarify.

If they are stains from the clothes, then they must have discovered it and then went back and added the plastic around the neck retroactively. I'm not sure how I'd feel about that. All we can do is speculate until we hear something official, I guess.

Yeah that's my bad. The review was a little while back and I got distracted by all the pretty pictures! In which, of course the head looked perfectly sized.... it's a really weird effect the way that different lenses and lighting conditions can make a figure look radically different.

I watched the review from reviewspot and I seen the stain and was waiting for him to mention it, yet nothing.

Mine shipped from BBTS yesterday, comes tomorrow.... I dred it now.

I watched the review from reviewspot and I seen the strain and was waiting for him to mention it, yet nothing.

Mine shipped from BBTS yesterday, comes tomorrow.... I dred it now.

I have no idea who that guy is, never heard of him or seen one of this reviews so i'm definitely not accusing him of the following if it's not indeed the case; but most of these youtube reviewers are ass kissers and get stuff for free so they don't dare say anything negative about a figure and end up looking like complete defuses in their reviews especially when there is a plain as day glaring issue like that and they don't mention it it becomes almost comical. " He has a very nice head sculpt and a very nice box that has a photo of the character on it and he has 40 points of articulation and is very nice and a nice cool nice figure who looks super nice!!!"

Michael is very unbiased and fair and not afraid to call a spade a spade when need be and I've grown to respect him very much, his opinion matters to me as I often align with it or he can make me see something in a more positive light at times too.

Yeah that's my bad. The review was a little while back and I got distracted by all the pretty pictures! In which, of course the head looked perfectly sized.... it's a really weird effect the way that different lenses and lighting conditions can make a figure look radically different.

No prob - it was awhile ago that I put that review up. I will say that I'm pretty surprised by the 'heads oversized' comments, and in person I don't think that's the case at all. But angles and lens certainly do make a difference.

And Raymond - thanks so very much! I appreciate your kind words, and I've always tried to be as unbiased as humanly possible, and point out my bias' when necessary (like, you know, Batman).

Back