QMx 1:6 Q &A - We want your questions!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the answers. Glad to hear that Battlestar Galactica and buffy figures are possibly being considered and not completely written off (like Raylan). Also some positive noises for fans of the serenity crew.

Happy to hear that the TOS bridge crew are the immediate focus but please accelerate your plans for a re-release of Kirk and Spock (or variations of them) as they are barely available at all on the after market (especially Kirk). I committed to Mezco much to my regret and really want to pick up the entire QMX TOS bridge crew but don't want to jump in unless I can get the main two.

Judging by how quickly these figures have recently evaporated on the secondary market, I think there are many others out there like me who are looking to pick them up and won't commit to Scotty (or even McCoy as he is still available) or any of the others from the bridge crew until the Captain and his Science Officer are given a second release. It might be worth breaking your own rule here on this one occasion and just confirm that it's going to happen, in what capacity (i.e. Kirk with green wrap around shirt) and give a rough date for release so that people who missed out feel more comfortable jumping in for Scotty.

Last edited:
9. Will you do another Dean, preferably from Season 1?
Castiel and Sam come first. Once that’s done, we will revisit Dean. Of course, we’ll also need to look at Bobby, Mary, Crowley, Lucifer, Ruby. Thing is, as long as there’s interest, we’re not in danger of running out of subjects for Supernatural figures anytime soon.

Seems weird to do Mary and Ruby but not John.

I'm surprised they're still going to continue with the Firefly line after such a long time since the first figure was released. That is a long wait for fans wanting to complete their collection there.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well they might be intending to continue at the moment, but who knows if that will still be the case after they "clear their queue" in however many years. Personally I'm still pretty doubtful about it.

Re: QMx 1:6 Q &A - We want your questions!

I would heartily welcome some ‘78 BSG figures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'd rather they do reboot figures but hopefully we get some from both versions.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

I really hope they put out everything they and the fans want, but it sure seems weird to say like nothing they show at a show is a product to expect, everything is to gather opinions.

Genuinely gutted about the cancellation of Raylan. Was really looking forward to that one. I'd love more Justified merchandise, in any form.

I really hope they put out everything they and the fans want, but it sure seems weird to say like nothing they show at a show is a product to expect, everything is to gather opinions.

I don't know, it seems like a pretty good way to gather feedback and guage whether there will actually be any interest in a figure you're about to spend a lot of time and money producing. And I doubt it's every figure, just some of the more unusual or unexpected ones.

HT has already said they do the same thing.

I would go balls deep in Lost figures! Kate, Jack, Locke, Sayid, Ben, Sun, and Jin I want the most. But honestly there are very few characters I WOULDN'T get if they got made. Charlie, Juliet, Hurley, Sawyer etc. So much money would be spent.
Westworld and Lost are licenses I'd love. Especially Lost.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Those answers weren't enough to keep me excited for products from Qmx. Glad to hear that they plan on getting more ST:TOS figures out, but how many years will that take? Then how many years will it be before we get a decent crew on our shelves from any other ST movie or show? Firefly will supposedly be continued after some products are out of the queue (which I don't believe for a second) but if it is true, then TOS and Supernatural take precedence over the line that got people excited about 1/6 figures from Qmx in the first place?

Lack of communication has been one of my biggest issues with Qmx (which is ironic considering Dave owns this forum and works for them), and now they tell us that they aren't going to show early WIP pics and that some figures on display at conventions may never get made. Having to wait until a product is on their website before you know it is actually being produced is crazy at this point in the hobby. They're essentially telling us "Just forget about us until we surprise you with a new preorder." There are a lot of companies making 1/6 figures now. People have way more options than they used to so it seems like you'd want to keep customers informed so they don't spend their money on something else. Letting customers know you're going to finish a line (and actually going through with it) would also be a good idea. For all of the good will Qmx earned from sculpting a new Mal head sculpt then including both with the figure, they're squandering it with how poorly they're handling some of their licenses.

Yeah the Q&A didn't get me hyped for anything, about as much as Ask DST does. In fact, I can't remember the last time I got really, really hyped for something fresh. Probably HT's Neo.

A QMX Jack or Locke from Lost would own my world though. Or if they went and got the Indiana Jones license. That perfect Indy figure still eludes all these companies.

Answers were NOT answers- veiled hints but really....all the hype for this thread and that's what we get? Qmx can produce GREAT stuff but TOS figures seem in limbo for years to come..

Yeah, sadly. I’m more than a little disappointed in the veiled response about Firefly. At this point we should have had 2-3 other crew members. By the time they get off their butts (or if) to get the rest of the crew out, I’m going to be long dead. I still have SOME hope about getting the rest of the TOS crew before that happens, but with every delay, it’s diminishing.

Oh no, I'm very confident about getting the TOS crew (including a second round of Kirk and Spock) and TWOK Kirk and Khan (at the least). We might even get a TMP Admiral Kirk for the 40th Anniversary. What's more dicey is whether we'll get an Ilia Probe, a Nurse Chapel, or a Saavik.

Back