Punisher War Zone Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa, kiss the Punisher goodbye - 2500 screens and grossed $4 mil - ranked #8. That's less than Transporter 3 in it's 2nd week. That's what you get when you don't market a film well. I'm betting The Spirit will open to at least 20 mil, even though I expect it to be a far inferior film.

Whoa, kiss the Punisher goodbye - 2500 screens and grossed $4 mil - ranked #8. That's less than Transporter 3 in it's 2nd week. That's what you get when you don't market a film well. I'm betting The Spirit will open to at least 20 mil, even though I expect it to be a far inferior film.

I know that is too bad!

Come one Hot Toys! We need to make this film some money! It could double its profits if you make figures!

thats a ruff opening weekend, the movie only had like a 35 million dollar budget and i doubt it will even get that back. its sad to see marvel and lionsgate and everyone involved throw this moive to the dogs.

I know, its like they didn't even give the film a chance. Its too bad. It really is a decent film.

To top things off, it Hot Toys doesn't give us figures, we've probably got zero hope. Even comissioning headsculpts wouldn't do much good because of the compliacted and unique outfits.

I know, its like they didn't even give the film a chance. Its too bad. It really is a decent film.

To top things off, it Hot Toys doesn't give us figures, we've probably got zero hope. Even comissioning headsculpts wouldn't do much good because of the compliacted and unique outfits.

yea mass production is about the cheapist you can come up with for a nice ray stevenson punisher. that armored suit would be complex, and with jigsaw a standard suit would work in some cases but in terms of his tomy lee jones two face zibra stripe and the sgt peppers ending suit would not be easy to come up with

yea mass production is about the cheapist you can come up with for a nice ray stevenson punisher. that armored suit would be complex, and with jigsaw a standard suit would work in some cases but in terms of his tomy lee jones two face zibra stripe and the sgt peppers ending suit would not be easy to come up with

:lol Glad I wasn't the only one that thought Tommy Lee Jones Two-face!

Well, I didnt mind the Jones Face character here...because Jones wasnt a bad villain, he was funny, charasmatic, entertaining...but as Two Face? God no....as Jigsaw...oh yes.

"This is just the beginning..."

No Ray...its the end...:(

I loved Ray as The Punisher. Dude has a great action future ahead of him.

too bad this movie technically tanked. i ended up seeing it twice and really enjoyed it. but you know what...what the hell do they expect when they release this kind of movie during the holiday season without hardly any advertisement up until a few weeks before release??? wasn't this originally supposed to be direct to video???

I would wager that any plans for a full HT Punisher type of line probably was axed by looking at the number BUT if there was a Ray Stevenson Punisher already in the works he'll probably still come out. He'd have to have been planned ahead of time like Medi's Speed and Racer X and if not I'd say its a wash.

I'd say it's much better than the Jane version and lightyears beyond the Lundgren one.

Both those are so superior imo. I'd say this movie deserved it's opening. Punching a guy through the face? He's the Punisher, not Jason Vooorhees. I'm a HUGE Punisher fan, and even if I wasn't the quality of the movie on it's own was just awful. And that had nothing to do with the budget but everything with the writing and acting.

I liked this movie for what it set out to be, better than the last one for sure and Jigsaw was fun. Also good use of wacky CGI.

i saw it tonight and i would love to see what the director, etc. could have done with a bigger budget. i liked it more than the last one and i'm glad I finally have a Punisher film I can pop in and watch Punisher do what he's drawn to do. it did have the comic book feel because you didn't really see people go from one place to the other, they were just at the next scene...sure it's because of the budget but as a fan i've rationalized it to be like comic book frames. :D it wasn't an ideal film by any means...it just is what it is.

Last edited:
I absolutely loved this movie . . . I laughed out loud at a number of the death scenes and had a really good time watching it . . .

Ray Stevenson was perfect . . . This was a Garth Ennis Punisher comic come to life . . .

Over the top . . really violent and gory . . and fun as hell . . .

I will be buying this as soon as it comes out . . .

Both those are so superior imo. I'd say this movie deserved it's opening. Punching a guy through the face? He's the Punisher, not Jason Vooorhees. I'm a HUGE Punisher fan, and even if I wasn't the quality of the movie on it's own was just awful. And that had nothing to do with the budget but everything with the writing and acting.

Yeah I heard from a bunch of friends it was BADDDD,I'm going to wait and rent it. I thought it looked bad and don't wanna waste $10 seeing it.

Just saw this tonight. I loved it. I really enjoyed Ray Stevenson in Rome, so he was the biggest reason I went to see it. But, I was totally suprised to get such a great movie. Jigsaw was great as well as his brother. If you haven't seen it you are doing yourself an injustice.

I absolutely loved this movie . . . I laughed out loud at a number of the death scenes and had a really good time watching it . . .

Ray Stevenson was perfect . . . This was a Garth Ennis Punisher comic come to life . . .

Over the top . . really violent and gory . . and fun as hell . . .

I will be buying this as soon as it comes out . . .

You said the right word, FUN! Watching a movie was finally FUN for once, go figure!

As it is I also enjoyed IM better than TDK because that was also FUN but definately not as much as the new Punisher movie.

Like this person did, I was also laughing, cheering, cursing and throwing my hands in the air at the over the top scenes (and there were many)!

This movie kicks serious ass, Punisher kicked serious ass and it was simply just a FUN movie to watch and enjoy.

As it is now, it's my favorite Marvel movie ever.

Don't get me wrong, TDK was a good movie but hands down I had more FUN with Punisher.

I like the extended cut with Thomas Jane, that movie isn't too shabby either but this new Punisher is THE PUNISHER movie, nuff said!

Too bad its box office turned out the way it did.

Oh well, at least it will be out on DVD pretty quick and let me tell ya, it can't come out fast enough!

I thought the movie was really good. Jigsaw was an excellent bad guy, kinda reminded me of The Joker, but nowhere in the same league as Heath. THe action was well done and the deaths were nice and gorey. sure it's not going to win an Oscar, but for a no brain action adventure film it did well. Sure beat the Thomas Jane crapothon Punisher.

Back