Punisher War Zone Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Punisher War Zone trailer

Looks ok. But 2 weird things I noticed. First was the "Serum", what ever that is about and the next was what looked like someone trying to bit his neck like a vampire?? Hmm.......

lame..... easy pass. i thought this was straight to video?? i saw a poster for it last night while going to see Incredible Hulk.
~~~Tampa rulez!!!!!!

spinning upside down :rotfl:rotfl
i might see it but still, the other punisher sucked, Dolph"s punisher, the best

I don't know where all the negativity is coming from - this looks great! He looks like Frank should look and I like the outfit. And New York instead of Tampa, thank god. Some of those images were taken straight from the Bradstreet book.

I agree, it looks promising!

Ray Stevenson looks PERFECT for the Punisher. Better than Thomas Jane even.

Stevenson's Punisher looks exactly like the Punisher from the comics, more true to form of the character, especially on Marvel's MAX series Punisher. And he's got that "I've been through hell" look about him that Jane didn't have (though I like Thomas Jane, I think Stevenson looks more like Frank).

It'll be interesting to finally see Jigsaw on that big screen as well.

Without the name Punisher in this, it wouldn't be any different than another action film. Still, it looks decent, although I don't like that turtle neck thing the Punisher is wearing, but at least Sideshow would be able make his clothing accurately :lol

I was really excited about this movie until I watched that trailer. It looked laughable and while Ray looks like Punisher in the comics, he doesn't FEEL like Punisher when I see him doing his work. Tom worked better in my eyes, even though I am a huge fan of both actors.

The action looks stilted and unrealistic, the armor they have him in looks uncomfortable and strange... The preview has done nothing but deflate the hopes I had for this movie. I will still probably give it a shot, because The Punisher is one of my favorite characters of all time... But... It looks like I am going to be horribly... horribly disappointed.

Now the trailer was well put together but this seriously makes me think spiderman 3.
It will probably look decent then turn out like crap. It was the same with the hitman movie too. Ah well...

I liked the trailer. I really wasn't too thrilled with the Thomas Jane Punisher, but I'm looking forward to this one.

New longer trailer with some harcore violence! (possible spoilers...)

I tried to like the Thomas Jane version, I really did... but that flick just leaves me flat. Hopefully this one will be better. From this trailer it certainly seems like this new flick is much more in the vein of MAX comics Punisher (which is a good thing IMO). ...not too sure about that music though. I hate weak metal.. they may as well just throw a Slayer song on there if they want to go that direction. :lol

https://www.youtube.com/sweepatayda

The fact they kicked Lexi off makes me mad. Im not paying for this movie. I'll buy a ticket to something else, and walk into this.

Yikes...this sounds like it is going to be a steaming pile of crap!

The Latest from the Disaster that is Punisher: War Zone
Written by Robert Sanchez
Wednesday, 30 July 2008

Dolph Lundgren - a better Punisher than Ray Stevenson? "Hell Yes" says our Lionsgate insider.

You've been hearing the rumblings, you've seen the trailer and you witnessed the disaster at Comic Con (if not in person then vicariously through the many sites who ran stories on it).

The writing is on the wall - Punisher: War Zone is in major trouble.

Question is, was Lexi Alexander (and her composer as well) in fact fired off the movie?

News has been coming in from various sources on the web and it's all pretty accurate -- Lionsgate has another piece of ^^^^ film on their hands and they deserve it.

About three months ago, Lexi Alexander turned in her cut of Punisher: War Zone. After a small screening of the film to studio execs, we were told it was un-releasable and by far one of the worst movies ever made. Apparently, the dialogue and action sequences were so bad that it was practically unwatchable.

Was there anything positive to say about the film? Well, the lighting and shots were "pretty" and "postcard-like" but Lionsgate was in panic mode because, regardless what they tried to do with it, it wouldn’t be enough to save the film.

This leads me to my first question, why in the ^^^^ would Lionsgate hire Lexi Alexander to direct this movie? What was listed in her credits that made someone at Lionsgate say, "Yep! She would be awesome to bring Frank Castle to life on the big screen and reboot this franchise!"

Bad call Ripley…Bad Call!

My second question, why would Lionsgate move forward with an obviously bad script? The IESB reviewed the script a while back, read it by clicking here, it was ^^^^-awful then and it's obvious that the final product, the actual movie, is even worse!

Third question, so how bad is WAR ZONE exactly? Our insider tells us that Dolph Lundgren's 1989 Punisher is a masterpiece compared to this outing.

Welcome to Lionsgate Joe Drake, now go fire everyone who was involved with this project.

The good news is that since this movie is going to make two dollars at the box office, Marvel will end up getting their property back from the morons at Lionsgate. In a few years, Marvel will FINALLY be able to do justice to one of the coolest characters from the Marvel Universe, THE PUNISHER.

Yikes. How disappointing to hear. The Punisher was one of my FAVORITE characters as a kid.... The original movie was great IMO, but to see that no one could do this character the appropriate justice that it deserves.... Such a shame :(

So sad because the Punisher is a great character...especially if handled well.

I liked Jane's Punisher, but missed a villain like Jigsaw... now War Zone sounds like it's going to blow...and it has Jigsaw.

Well I guess my first impression of this movie was true. It's going to suck. :lol

You'd think that the Punisher would be one of the easiest Marvel characters to bring to the screen.

I for one liked the Thomas Jane Punisher. He didn't look like the "comic" Punisher at all but he played the part very well.

im a huge punisher fan, ive got full volumes of all the ennis punisher run, i go to the comic book store every month and buy the newest issue, and i was looking forward to this movie, then jane left, then the script was reviewed as being god awful, then all this massive post comic con disaster with the director being pushed away from the movie because of how lionsgate felt about the movie. "sight" maybe some day the character will be handled better.

They should bury this with Corman's FF4 film and start from scratch with Thomas Jane.

( I probably should've skipped that R-rated trailer, because I'm guessing it has all the best scenes)

So sad because the Punisher is a great character...especially if handled well.

I liked Jane's Punisher, but missed a villain like Jigsaw... now War Zone sounds like it's going to blow...and it has Jigsaw.

Yup Blows.

Original rumor was Thomas Jane returning as Punisher and Michael Keaton as Jigsaw.

That would've rocked.

I for one liked the Thomas Jane Punisher. He didn't look like the "comic" Punisher at all but he played the part very well.

I second that! :lecture Even though Jane wasn't warmly welcomed by everyone, I thought he did a phenomenal job as Castle. Granted, like you said, "he didn't look like the 'comic'" but something about him just worked. I wish Marvel could have hooked him for the sequel :monkey2. I guess I'll hope for the best and just wait for its release before I say anymore...

I think the reason people didnt like him is cause he looked a bit pudgy and baby faced. But when the flick came out, dude was all ripped and lean. I think it did a great job. Far better than Lundgren.

Back