Punisher short By Thomas Jane

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that Marvel owns the rights for Punisher (always "sounds" crazy to say/write that) it would be nice to see them make a good movie with the character. Damn, I would actually like to see him in Avengers, even if for a mention. Captain America and the Punisher never got along, they could use some of that.

:lecture Did anyone else find that Detective Soap guy annoying in War Zone? He was there for comedic relief, but I kept hoping he'd get pistol whipped into a coma.

I liked that aspect a hell of a lot more than the stupid, trendy political statement during the recruitment scene. If directors want to make films as political statements, make a film actually addressing the situation or make it subtle, like Night of the Living Dead. NEVER insult the audience with snide, blatant comments. But I'm thinking maybe that concept is too far of a reach for a former kickboxing champion? :(

Now that Marvel owns the rights for Punisher (always "sounds" crazy to say/write that) it would be nice to see them make a good movie with the character. Damn, I would actually like to see him in Avengers, even if for a mention. Captain America and the Punisher never got along, they could use some of that.

I'm a huge Punisher fan, but would be the first to admit it'd never work. Castle would kill a villain, he and cap would have words, Cap would KO Castle and the story would progress from there while Castle counted sheep on the floor... just like in Civil War. :lol

That was AWESOME, Tom Jane has always been my favourite Punisher. Hopefully studios will see the awesome potential of having him back as the Punisher and make new films :pray:

Wow, that was pretty awesome. Honestly, I don't see why they couldn't do something similar to TIH where it's not really a sequel, but it's not a reboot either. If they don't like what the 04 film did, keep Jane, but disregard that film. I still think that Jane was an awesome Punisher. If they do something, great. If not, ____ it: DC should snatch him up and do a Jonah Hex series for HBO. :lecture

That 10 minute vid was so much more enjoyable than the movie Jane was in.

That 10 minute vid was so much more enjoyable than the movie Jane was in.

Better action at least :lol The first film was enjoyable but it lacked really gritty violence. Isn't that what the Punisher is all about somewhat?

Better action at least :lol The first film was enjoyable but it lacked really gritty violence. Isn't that what the Punisher is all about somewhat?

Well, it was pretty violent compared to other Marvel based movies. Probably on par with, or a little above, Blade. I thought Warzone's violence/gore was over the top and contrived.

The only "real" Punisher moment from Jane's film was at the end when he was clearing out Saint's goons, and he shoots the one moaning on the floor without even looking at him as he walks out of the room. :lol

I love how this short is pretty much a slap on the face to the original piece of S___ garbage movie, and how this proves Warzone was a better movie...

I will never understand how can people say Warzone was awful, unless they just hate gory action movies, the movie might not be great but at least didnt feature two men dancing to opera music...:monkey4

.. pathetic... that whole first movie, is, well pathetic, the bad guys were cheesy, the comedy trio was dumb, the action was lame,
first Punisher was really bad, I completely understand everyone liking Thomas Jane, I like him too, but that movie was beyond bad.

I like both Thomas Jane and Ray Stevenson, they were both, they are both good actors,
And Yes Warzone had cheesy stupid moments too, But, it was not as stupid as the first one..

Now this is how they should make The Punisher. No need for comedy.

exactly.

Just to clarify, no one better be referring to this masterpiece when they run down the "first" Punisher movie:

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/The-Punisher-Dolph-Lundgren/dp/078401132X/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1342466008&sr=8-6&keywords=punisher[/ame]

Ninjas.....with uzis....on super slides! :rotfl

My brother brought home a VHS bootleg of that from a comic con, we couldn't beleive his shirt didn't have a skull on it... :slap

I will never understand how can people say Warzone was awful, unless they just hate gory action movies, the movie might not be great but at least didnt feature two men dancing to opera music

I prefer that to the cheesy and embarassing parkour gang in War Zone. Well, not even a gang just 3 morons jumping off of a pick up truck going 5 mph.

I do own War Zone, but watch it and enjoy it on the same level as I would a bad Sci-Fi channel produced movie. I give it credit though for sticking to certain details in his origin.

As for this...my jaw dropped at the end, as a friend linked me to it and didnt tell me what it was. I'll take this as an HBO series, please.

Didn't the Dolph Lundgren Punisher's knives have skulls on them??

~~War Zone was a bit over the top with the gore, but this just proves how sick I am because I laughed at some of it. Especially towards the end when he's holding the guy at gunpoint at the table and just shotguns the hell out of his face.

Back