Punisher short By Thomas Jane

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moonloop

Super Freak
Reaction score
View here: https://www.superherohype.com/news/...her-short-featuring-thomas-jane-a-ron-perlman

In 2004, Thomas Jane starred as Frank Castle in The Punisher for what was then Lions Gate Films (now Lionsgate). The movie wasn't a big hit making about $54.7 million worldwide on a budget of $33 million, and it didn't do so well with the critics either, but over time fans started realizing that Jane was a pretty damn good Punisher. He's proven that again with this unofficial short that he debuted at the San Diego Comic-Con titled "Dirty Laundry."

He said: "I wanted to make a fan film for a character I've always loved and believed in - a love letter to Frank Castle & his fans. It was an incredible experience with everyone on the project throwing in their time just for the fun of it. It's been a blast to be a part of from start to finish -- we hope the friends of Frank enjoy watching it as much as we did making it."

In a reply on Twitter to a fan who asked if he had some kind of agenda making the short, Jane added: "Not pushing anything. Just a fan film from Friends of Frank."

Here's the short, which co-stars none other than Mr. Ron Perlman!

Warning: The short contains R-rated language and violence!

I always thought Jane was great in the role, good to show he still cares for the character.

Meh, I don't like Jane as Frank period. He doesn't have the look the way Stevenson does. This was just a quick version of War Zone anyway pretty much, and with TDK music which kinda took me out of the whole thing.

I'd rather have Ray back with a tighter and more faithful script and the same level of violence.

Meh, I don't like Jane as Frank period. He doesn't have the look the way Stevenson does. This was just a quick version of War Zone anyway pretty much, and with TDK music which kinda took me out of the whole thing.

I'd rather have Ray back with a tighter and more faithful script and the same level of violence.

Disagree there. While Stevenson's great for Bradstreet's take, it came much later. Jane matches the look of Jim Lee's much earlier and better War Journal Punisher perfectly.

Odd considering he talked ____ about the character and Marvel in the docs on The Mist dvd. :monkey1

Maybe the success of more recent comic book movies is making him flip what he said before?

Or maybe he was bitter for being recast. From what I read...Jane was always gonna be part of the second and was involved in the process, until they hired Lexi Alexander to direct the 2nd film and lions gate gave her permission to recast the role. Now I'm not sure if he was forced to abandon the role or if he quit when he thought the project was going to ____?

Maybe the success of more recent comic book movies is making him flip what he said before?

Or maybe he was bitter for being recast. From what I read...Jane was always gonna be part of the second and was involved in the process, until they hired Lexi Alexander to direct the 2nd film and lions gate gave her permission to recast the role. Now I'm not sure if he was forced to abandon the role or if he quit when he thought the project was going to ____?

Jane dropped out of the film to do The Mist, he wasn't recast. I really hope he returns to the role though and at least signs on for a few.

I really enjoyed it thought that Jane played a good punisher thought personally that travolta was the weak link. Would be more than happy with him playing him again

tom Jane nailed punisher for me.

I know, stephenson was more faithful to the MAX comics. But Jane done right was perfect.

Just think of The Punisher PS2 game. Tom Jane nailed Punishers voice, he reminded me of a younger Punisher, and I loved the film. Tom jane shouldve had another Punisher film in him at least.

I was just getting on here to post this. Unless you're married to Kate Upton this will be the best thing you see today. Any chance this is a hint at a Punisher 2 with Thomas Jane?

We can hope Marvel is forgiving when it comes to actors flapping their gums. Though, I suppose, he could technically put the blame on Lionsgate. :lol

Yes I also believe Jane was great as the Punisher. War Zone was alright, but IMO the only reason why I liked it was because of how violent it was like the MAX comics.

Believe it or not, I commented without watching the short.

Just watched it. Oh my god. Thats.... phenomenal. Thats exactly how Punisher should be. Tom Jane nails Castle. I love how he can display emotion, torn between doing something or just standing by. He had that in the film.

But that was just, phenomenal. I DEMAND a film with Jane, I DEMAND a film like that.

Back