Media PSP discontinued?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Monster

Super Freak
Reaction score
Has the PSP been discontinued? One of my favorite consoles of all time! I LOVE THAT THING! stuff seems to be getting hard to find for it and I don't see new PSP consoles for sale on online stores anymore. Sony should have kept making these forever! They are the best!

Nick

Yes, the PSP has been discontinued just like the PS2. I Love my Vita, but if there's one thing it cant' do that the PSP does well is homebrew. Retro NES, SNES or Genesis on the PSP, anyone? :lol

Does vita have games or is it just downloads? I have always liked the PSP better because I like having the game and movie discs. I am not one for this download only age that we are living in now days.

Does vita have games or is it just downloads? I have always liked the PSP better because I like having the game and movie discs. I am not one for this download only age that we are living in now days.

All Vita games comes in cartridges and are also available on PSN. PSP and PSone games however, have to be downloaded (and repurchased) since the Vita doesn't have a now defunct UMD drive.

I love both consoles equally, it bewilders me why Sony isn't taking more aggressive steps to promote the Vita.

Vita games come in cartridges? huh I did not know that, Thought Vita was downloads only.

You can get game cartridges but having the download makes playing the games far easier. I play my Vita on the bus and I can play 3 different games with them downloaded on my home screen. I have like 6 vita games but the only one i have a physical copy of is Mortal Kombat, I prefer the downloads, the only thing I don't like is the memory card, freaking expensive. BUT some of the games are download only and it seems that's the main launching platform a lot of devs like now a days with the Vita.

You can get game cartridges but having the download makes playing the games far easier. I play my Vita on the bus and I can play 3 different games with them downloaded on my home screen. I have like 6 vita games but the only one i have a physical copy of is Mortal Kombat, I prefer the downloads, the only thing I don't like is the memory card, freaking expensive. BUT some of the games are download only and it seems that's the main launching platform a lot of devs like now a days with the Vita.

if u prefer downloads, did u check out the PSP GO? much smaller & downloads only... my weapon of choice

Back