PS4 OR Xbox One?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The problems we see will still exist on the next consoles to some extent. This is mainly because developers are always going to be pushing what the hardware is capable of and making sacrifices to get the desired effect. They'll sacrifice 60 fps, or be willing to have some screen tearing or maybe even some pop up and weaker draw distance. Compromises are always made for priority things. Maybe it's a game where there's hundreds of characters on screen or the action is super fast or it's got a complex physics engine etc.

For example, CoD has one main priority that the developers never break. 60 fps. They can do anything they want in the games development as long as they can lock that fps. Most developers are willing to sacrifice 60 for a solid 30 if it means making the game look better. Better geometry, textures, physics etc..

Very true... and don't forget, they have to do all this at 1080P. That's another issue.

The problem is, right when graphics cards get uber fast and technically epic, the next high-resolution television is introduced. It never ends. 4K anyone? :lol

The problems we see will still exist on the next consoles to some extent. This is mainly because developers are always going to be pushing what the hardware is capable of and making sacrifices to get the desired effect. They'll sacrifice 60 fps, or be willing to have some screen tearing or maybe even some pop up and weaker draw distance. Compromises are always made for priority things. Maybe it's a game where there's hundreds of characters on screen or the action is super fast or it's got a complex physics engine etc.

For example, CoD has one main priority that the developers never break. 60 fps. They can do anything they want in the games development as long as they can lock that fps. Most developers are willing to sacrifice 60 for a solid 30 if it means making the game look better. Better geometry, textures, physics etc..

Yeah i see what you mean as i have never had this on a call of duty game or Halo game.
But i would still rather sacrifice graphics and have no tearing than have amazing graphics and have tearing.
As i have game sitting there that i bought new and refuse to play on anymore as the tearing really angers me.
We pay enough for games as it is.
I could happily play games with graphics like Half-life 2 , Black and COD'S if it meant no tearing at all.
It really does ruin games for me.

Yeah, I agree for the most part. I'm a bit torn on it. I love things like physics and hi-res textures and those things are resource hogs that usually end up hurting fps. It's one or the other a lot of times. A the end of the day though, I agree that devs should put fps as the highest priority. Screen shots will look a little weaker, but the silky smooth gameplay will more than make up for it.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxmtncgURRY[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibaC9IWGdY8[/ame]

Your got to remember the Edge is known for being biased towards the Ps4 & the source is anonymous, which I always find a bit suspect. The Ps4 is the more powerful console of the 2 hardware wise though but 50% can't see it. Especially when John Carmack came out saying "despite some architectural differences, the two consoles are functionally identical in terms of what they can do"

I must admit I just can't wait for both consoles to just launch & then these flame wars can die down & we'll be talking about the games which it's actually all about.

Your got to remember the Edge is known for being biased towards the Ps4 & the source is anonymous, which I always find a bit suspect. The Ps4 is the more powerful console of the 2 hardware wise though but 50% can't see it. Especially when John Carmack came out saying "despite some architectural differences, the two consoles are functionally identical in terms of what they can do"

I must admit I just can't wait for both consoles to just launch & then these flame wars can die down & we'll be talking about the games which it's actually all about.

Yeah I do agree with you there buddy.
But I think it was too late for the Xbox one when they mentioned the stuff to do with pre owned games and they are not exactly helping themselves by advertising it a mainly a media centre when all we really want is a great gaming console.
I will get both eventually but ps4 first and I will only get the Xbox for the simple fact of Halo and no other reason.
I hope they are both quiet consoles and stay cool as there is bound to be problems with them and more probably the Xbox one more than the ps4.

I'm going to get both. I've bought every Playstation from 1 to 3 so far & I'm not going to stop. I'm actually relatively new to Xbox. The 360S was the 1st Xbox I bought. I only got into Xbox because my 2nd Ps3 died on me & my brother-in-law had a spare 360 to give to me which I loved for playing online but it was so noisy I ended getting a 360S. I did find the the Ps3 to be that bit smoother & the graphics were that bit better but the Xbox made up for it in other ways. Just looking forward to seeing what next Gen has to offer now & only time will tell

Xbox's online was and is far superior than Sony's online. That is something I really hope Sony fixes for the 4 since I'm buying the PS4 first.

Yeah me too , I also liked the fact you could search what achievements you needed whilst playing the .
So I hope they do this too

Xbox's online was and is far superior than Sony's online. That is something I really hope Sony fixes for the 4 since I'm buying the PS4 first.

Well, a paid subscription to PS Plus will be mandatory for the PS4 if you want to play online. So, I'd like to think that they'd use the extra cash to make some much needed improvements.

Right now, on PS3 you can play multiplayer online for free, but if you pay for Playstation Plus you get some bonuses like free games.

For PS4, you have to pay for Playstation Plus to play online multiplayer, there won't be a free multiplayer option.

I've got both on order but right now I'm leaning towards flipping the Xbox One. There isn't a single exclusive, outside of Halo 5, that is compelling to me (Crimson Dragon and Killer Instinct are closest).

PS4 being cheaper+more powerful+better exclusives in the long run has me hooked.

Back