PS4 OR Xbox One?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just watched a video comparison with ps4 and Xbox one playing battlefield and Xbox one had the slight edge over it , as the colour on the ps4 looked a bit washed out and Xbox had slightly better detail.

Not getting either on launch as they will all probably blow up anywY:rotfl

I just watched a video comparison with ps4 and Xbox one playing battlefield and Xbox one had the slight edge over it , as the colour on the ps4 looked a bit washed out and Xbox had slightly better detail.

Not getting either on launch as they will all probably blow up anywY:rotfl
All your looking is a the Xbox having a higher contrast, which is what they did on the 360 as well. Just looks like they pumped the contrast and sharpness to the max setting but then all you get is hard black spots everywhere. This was the same on the 360 BF3 where if you walked into a dark room, you wouldn't be able to see a person in the dark corner where's on the PC you would be able too due to the correct contrast setting.

Might want to check this to see the clear comparrison.
ib0gOrDzD8ScKG.gif

The biggest grip I have with this whole console war is the denial of facts. If people want to buy the XONE that's perfectly fine, it's your money do what you will but don't try to prove what's said and done on paper. PS4 is more powerful on paper. Better specs. You can't argue with what's built under those black shell casings. I'm not targeting anyone specifically in this thread, just a rant from recent talks since these consoles are releasing soon.

I just think the amount of denial going around trying to defend the weaker performing hardware is ridiculous. This is coming from someone who's getting both too.

All your looking is a the Xbox having a higher contrast, which is what they did on the 360 as well. Just looks like they pumped the contrast and sharpness to the max setting but then all you get is hard black spots everywhere. This was the same on the 360 BF3 where if you walked into a dark room, you wouldn't be able to see a person in the dark corner where's on the PC you would be able too due to the correct contrast setting.

Might want to check this to see the clear comparrison.
ib0gOrDzD8ScKG.gif

The biggest grip I have with this whole console war is the denial of facts. If people want to buy the XONE that's perfectly fine, it's your money do what you will but don't try to prove what's said and done on paper. PS4 is more powerful on paper. Better specs. You can't argue with what's built under those black shell casings. I'm not targeting anyone specifically in this thread, just a rant from recent talks since these consoles are releasing soon.

I just think the amount of denial going around trying to defend the weaker performing hardware is ridiculous. This is coming from someone who's getting both too.

Very good , so the ps4 looks great , I would like somebody to do a ps3 comparison with the ps4 just to see how big the difference is.

Very nice comparison vid. The graphical jump from current gen to next is a lot bigger than I was expecting tbh. Night and day in many areas.

in the end both systems are awesome don't understand why all the ps4 terds have to talk **** on the xboxone for. I had ps4 preordered but canceled cause i can't afford both at launch but will def get a ps4 in late spring or summer prob summer Ill be playing titan fall in the spring.

Last edited:
Cancelled my PS4 preorder today. Can't get myself to cancel my XboxOne preorder. Honestly don't see a reason to buy either system right now. Think I'll wait till at least early next year when they start giving you stuff for free when you buy.

I'll be buying Batman Origins and AC4 for the PC for now.

As long as the game is available on the pc I'm going to get that version first, best graphics option and ya cant beat a mouse and keyboad combo. (for fps or fps like titles) But I'm definitely getting ps4 for the exclusives. Thank God titanfall is coming to the pc!

As long as the game is available on the pc I'm going to get that version first, best graphics option and ya cant beat a mouse and keyboad combo. (for fps or fps like titles) But I'm definitely getting ps4 for the exclusives. Thank God titanfall is coming to the pc!

Yeah but this is no a PC thread so nobody cares , also the fact you could get both consoles and a bunch of games for the price of a mid range gaming PC defeats rather object.

No one gives a FRAK. Can we give the PC elitists their own thread? No one loves them but themselves.

As for my own, relevant answer given the subject matter - gonna get both the Xbone and Ps4 - not immediately but as their software choices dictates my interest. And yes, I have a PC gaming rig, but my platform of choice in in the living room with a controller in hand.

Yeah but this is no a PC thread so nobody cares , also the fact you could get both consoles and a bunch of games for the price of a mid range gaming PC defeats rather object.

Yeah but isn't this thread asking about which console we're going for, and I mentioned my reason why I'm going for the ps4 is for the exclusive and the only exclusive I want on the xbox is on the pc, so there's no need for me to get the xbox yet. So if no one really cares why certain individuals make their selection, I think we should shut down this thread asap. lol. And I really like how you are able to speak on everyone's behalf, I wish I had such amazing telepathic skills too. lol
I kid, I kid.

Plus everyone needs a pc anyway, I choose to see the real cost of a pc as the cost of the graphic's card which I bought for only $240. (I need decent ram and cpus for other processing needs anyway)

No one gives a FRAK. Can we give the PC elitists their own thread? No one loves them but themselves.

As for my own, relevant answer given the subject matter - gonna get both the Xbone and Ps4 - not immediately but as their software choices dictates my interest. And yes, I have a PC gaming rig, but my platform of choice in in the living room with a controller in hand.

That's cool, me too. I have my pc hooked up to my living room tv. Hmmm I think I've given (as you put it) "relevant answer given the subject matter". I did mention choosing the ps4 because it has the exclusive first party titles that I would want and not getting the xbox one because the only exclusive that's caught my eye so far is titan fall which happens to be released on the pc too. (Hence why I said thank God for that) I don't see how that isn't relevant given the subject matter, but hey what would I know? I would hardly call myself an english expert. :eek:

Edit: To be completely honest I'm more of a console person myself, having had every console for the past 4 generations. My console games outnumber my pc games by at least 20:1. But for certain games I'm sorry to say I'll have to stick with the pc. (FPS and strategy) Everything else, I'm much much more comfortable with a controller.

Last edited:
Freak Zombie, dont mind them too much. Some folks around here are a bit too sensitive about all things pc if you ask me.You didn't say anything wrong imo. To some, just saying that you prefer pc is the same as saying that you're a "pc elitist". Tough crowd at times.

I'm sticking with my usual plan of waiting a year, until all the system bugs have been found (and hopefully addressed) and the first couple of batches of games have hit for both systems, so I can then better access which console is the right choice for me.

In the meantime, I still have a decent sized pile of shame to work through anyhow...

This is a Xbox or PS thread. I could see if this was an XBox vs PC vs PS thread. Jumping in and starting the whole PC is better has just worn thin with a lot of people to the point they don't want to hear it at all. That's why people react the way they do.

I'm sticking with my usual plan of waiting a year, until all the system bugs have been found (and hopefully addressed) and the first couple of batches of games have hit for both systems, so I can then better access which console is the right choice for me.

In the meantime, I still have a decent sized pile of shame to work through anyhow...

That's what I am doing. With such few choices in games til mid-late next year, it's gonna get repetitive quick. I wouldn't doubt some stores throw out bundles with a free game.

This is a Xbox or PS thread. I could see if this was an XBox vs PC vs PS thread. Jumping in and starting the whole PC is better has just worn thin with a lot of people to the point they don't want to hear it at all. That's why people react the way they do.

It's an overreaction IMO, but this debate has also worn thin, so I'll leave it at that.

That's what I am doing. With such few choices in games til mid-late next year, it's gonna get repetitive quick. I wouldn't doubt some stores throw out bundles with a free game.

I should probably hold out as well, but I always cave in when new consoles come out. Just can't help myself.

Back