PROTOTYPE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What early reviews? I've only seen one so far. It's practically the day of release and there are no listed reviews for this game on metacritic. What's going on?

For everyone who's complaining about the graphics: Graphics aren't everything.

It was leaked early in other countries and supposedly here in the states. There are several reader reviews out there if you look. IGN had 4 reader reviews posted.

Edit: Actually there are now 22...

https://rr.xbox360.ign.com/rrobj/xbox360/object/950254/

What early reviews? I've only seen one so far. It's practically the day of release and there are no listed reviews for this game on metacritic. What's going on?

For everyone who's complaining about the graphics: Graphics aren't everything.

You are right about that. That's why I'm playing Final Fantasy 7 on my PS3. However, when you have two similar types of games such as Infamous and Prototype and both seem to be the same I am going for the one with better graphics and gameplay. Everything I have read leads me to believe that Infamous is the better of the two. Guess I will have to rent Prototype and find out for myself.

No reviews yet is a bad sign, but E3 was this week and reviewers get a little behind.

I appreciate reader reviews and opinions, but that wasn't what I was talking about. Those are best taken with grains of salt.

To each his own I guess. I follow reader reviews more than the so called "professional" reviews. Too many times have I passed on a game that got poor "professional" reviews only to find that they are the best games I've ever played.

I've got nothing against user or reader reviews, but many times I've encountered reviews that are obviously (or subversively, if they're cunning) biased towards platform preference. Professional reviews follow a set criteria, that's why they're professional in the first place. Also, it's a matter of familiarity. I've probably read other reviews from the same writer, but a reader review is just another stranger on the internet.

1st review is in from GamePro...

4.5 out of 5...not bad!

https://www.gamepro.com/article/reviews/210739/prototype/

I'm actually wondering if this game was released today. I preordered my copy from Amazon and originally it was supposed to ship today, but now the release date shows the 11th. Best Buy online has the release date as 6/10. Maybe more reviews will come in over the next few days.

Last edited:
HMMMM....seems Infamous is the better of the bunch...LOL @ 5.5 ON GRAPHICS!!!! Infamous kicked its ass!!!

"It isn't just the streaming world that suffers in the looks department. Aside from specific infected buildings, no structural damage can be done. You can't even knock over billboards. And when you do take down the few buildings you're allowed to damage, the resulting explosion is laughably bad. All of the real chaos you can create is limited to vehicles and passing pedestrians. Your cool powers don't feel quite so cool when you can't even break a window by throwing a tank at it. "

gahh! i wanted to get this game but was debating on getting this one or ghostbusters, i'll just wait for gb next week and get this game later on.

imo prototype is way better then infamous it just looks like a better game.

I wish there was a demo for this game.

Yeah it's the only way i'd get the game and i'd also hope it was a big demo so i could see if it was repetitive? don't wanna fall for that again i'm looking at you infamous!! :tap

:lol

I'm still looking forward to my copy of Prototype. Out of 5 "professional" reviews, three are giving the game great scores (9.5/10, 4.9/5, and 4.5/5). There may be more reviews, but this is all I have found at the moment. Reader reviews have been varying but it seems like the major gripe is with the graphics. If you can look past that, I think this is going to be a great game.

Here's a link to all the professional reviews out there so far...

https://www.gamerankings.com/xbox360/942351-prototype/index.html

I'm still looking forward to my copy of Prototype. Out of 5 "professional" reviews, three are giving the game great scores (9.5/10, 4.9/5, and 4.5/5). There may be more reviews, but this is all I have found at the moment. Reader reviews have been varying but it seems like the major gripe is with the graphics. If you can look past that, I think this is going to be a great game.

Here's a link to all the professional reviews out there so far...

https://www.gamerankings.com/xbox360/942351-prototype/index.html

Was IGN the 9.5 out of 10?

Back