PROTOTYPE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I know we are going to beat this to death, but I just checked IGN and the Australian reviews for this game are in and they gave it an 8.5 vs the US review of 7.5. That's a huge difference! Normally the reviews between the US and Australians differ by a 10th of a point. The game is pretty much the same in the US vs Australia, right?

Ok, I know we are going to beat this to death, but I just checked IGN and the Australian reviews for this game are in and they gave it an 8.5 vs the US review of 7.5. That's a huge difference! Normally the reviews between the US and Australians differ by a 10th of a point. The game is pretty much the same in the US vs Australia, right?

The game was reviewed by different IGN critics.

The game was reviewed by different IGN critics.

I understand that, but its the same version of the game, correct? Normally the Aussie scores and US scores don't differ by that much, that's what I was trying to point out. Either way, I'm still getting the game, bad graphics or not. If it sucks, I'll throw it on eBay.

I understand that, but its the same version of the game, correct? Normally the Aussie scores and US scores don't differ by that much, that's what I was trying to point out. Either way, I'm still getting the game, bad graphics or not. If it sucks, I'll throw it on eBay.

Well, not always. I've seen AU scores differ dramatically from US scores on many games. They don't follow a set guideline for giving out scores across international (US, UK, AU, etc) departments. It really depends on the critic.
Either way, the text review matters more than the grade usually.

That's good to hear, but how long until you stop loving it? I hear it becomes repetitive quickly. I'm still sitting on the fence on this one. I want to pick it up, but I'm unsure.

This game is just as repetitive as GTA is.

This game is just as repetitive as GTA is.

I don't know if that's a good comparison, given the breadth of features and variety of gameplay found in GTA, but I guess it's all subjective.

I enjoyed the previous game from Prototype's developer (Hulk: Ultimate Destruction), so I'm thinking I'll probably enjoy this. But dammit, I can't decide between this and InFamous.

I don't know if that's a good comparison, given the breadth of features and variety of gameplay found in GTA, but I guess it's all subjective.

I enjoyed the previous game from Prototype's developer (Hulk: Ultimate Destruction), so I'm thinking I'll probably enjoy this. But dammit, I can't decide between this and InFamous.

Well repetitive in the sense that you have the main missions and certain side missions/challenges you can do, and at the same time roam the city.

Similar structure.

But damn is Alex Mercer powerful, the game isn't too easy though...so while you are very powerful...there are challenging parts and you can die.

Get InFamous.

I'm trying to decide between this game and Wolverine Origins.. :lol

Get InFamous.

I'm trying to decide between this game and Wolverine Origins.. :lol

dude, get this game. its definately better than wolverine origins, which i traded in to get this game. btw, the wolverine game is okay, not perfect but okay....i'd still get prototype over wolverine.

do you think this game is too similar to infamous tho?

yeah but im a sucker for sandbox style games so.....but really it is pretty good. rent it first and give it a try. just pointing out that this game could have used a little more in the graphics dept. as where infamous in my opinion, did okay.

do you think this game is too similar to infamous tho?

Which went into development first? I can tell you I first heard about prototype back in 2007. I didn't even hear of infamous until 2009.

BTW, this game is GREAT! I just got the upgrade to use the "grapple" arm weapon and it is awesome! So far the most effective weapon in the game.

I finally got my copy of this game after a week of waiting (thanks Amazon!). I've got to say that this is one of the most addictive games I've ever played!!! The graphics could be better, but is easily overlooked by the game play. There are so many different upgrades you can purchase with experience points gained by battling the military and monsters. I only got to play for about 2 hours last night so I didn't get far into the game, but I was able to unlock a few killer moves. I can't wait until I'm able to hijack the helicopters and tanks. Anyone that is on the fence about this game needs to pick it up immediately!!! By far the best game I've played since COD 4, much better IMO than L4D or even GoW, but again, that is just my opinion.

Keep me updated on which one you decide to get.

I actually just picked up SW: The Force Unleashed (price-drop recently) to tide me over. I also got Prototype as well, but I left it sealed until I finish SW.

I've been wanting Prototype since it was announced a year + ago, so of course I bought it. But after playing the Infamous demo a few days ago, I'm torn. I didn't think Infamous would be THAT fun to play. I'm contemplating exchanging Prototype for Infamous. As many have mentioned, the running around in Prototype gets repetitive, so that worries me. It's beginning to remind me of SM: Web of Shadows and other games with similar game play. Infamous seems to be a whole different scenario though. But now that I own SW: The Force Unleashed, I think I've had my fill of electricity flowing from my fingertips. (ie Sith lightning.)

Back