Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prometheus Sequel : Paradise?

Yep, I agree. I believe, the "seriousness" or tone/mood of movies such as Prometheus open the door for more critical reviews. My opinion or argument was that Prometheus does not have plot holes to discuss. (But that doesn't mean I think the film is perfect.)

Well technically (bear with me here) it is. Its a movie about extra-dimensional beings that are so powerful and beyond our comprehension that we see them as deities. In what most consider a throw away line, Thor explains to Jane that his world and the 9(?) realms are based in science, not magic. Granted, its a weak explanation, but I think that's also a reflection of its seriousness/tone.

We're definitely on the same page here.

Yah, i just don't really see holes in the story. There are unanswered questions, but that was all done on purpose. And if you look back at Alien, it was very very similar. They did not reveal that much about what the alien's were or reveal much about the crashed space jockey. There is also some cheesy dialogue as well. But im not going to try and convince anyone to like Prometheus or Alien or any movie. Its up to them to decide.:)

WOW!!! this is AMAZING!!!!!! One of the coolest sculptures I have ever seen!!! too bad its not available for sale, atleast not yet. He said on FB he's not sure yet.

More pix at the link.

https://www.Prometheus2-Movie.com/community/forums/topic/25240

425249_314528158680890_1501877210_n.jpg

Last edited:

That is very very cool indeed, although I'm not crazy about the base. The base is awesome as it is, but not as a base. Looks a bit odd having him standing on the engineers heads.

Still an amazing sculpt and paint though.

Definitly a good thing script wise if Scott is out.
This was supposed to be hs long dream project and he dont give a rats arse to direct the follow up lol. At least the new director will not try to make the script better because of his ego. My money is on Carl Erick Rinsch who was already being pushed as director by Scott for the Alien prequel. Being his stepson doesnt hurt too.

Last edited:

This was supposed to be hs long dream project and he dont give a rats arse to direct the follow up lol.
At least the new director will not try to make the script better because of its ego.
My money is on Carl Erick Rinsch who was already bing pushed as director by Scott for the Alien prequel.
Being hs stepson doesnt hurt too.

Exactly. :exactly:
This might be a great thing.

Just read about the writer.
That trenscendance movie looks like brainy/action scifi.
At least they are not going for kurtzman and orci :)
The wait begins...
I Will probably not follow the développement as i did the previous film.
Fool me once'... :)

Great news that they seem to be moving forward with the sequel.
Although Prometheus didn't fulfill my expectations, I would very much like to see a sequel.
As for Scott directing, I've mixed feelings, for while I'm a fan of his work, he is clearly past his prime.

Dont think his past his time he still one of the masters when it comes to directing but he should never touch scripts. He did that with Nottingham which was awesome and turned it into robin hood which is just good.

What I want from Prometheus 2-
- An explicit connection of Prometheus to Alien. -- How did the Xenomorph come about? Is it the evolution of the Deacon?
- A human version of David 8 -- more Fassbender.. do what they did in Alien 3 bringing in the creator of Bishop
- Creator of David 8 leads a Weyland search and rescue mission
- I vote another protagonist being a level-headed educated Captain of the rescue ship- vote is for Chris Evans, Jason Clarke, or Karl Urban. This could even turn into a subtle love interest for Shaw ala Ripley and Hicks. An opposite personality to the hot-headed Halloway.
- More engineers and their technology.
- What other creations have they made? Is their something worse than the Alien itself.
- More common sense characters - come on supposedly educated Phd scientists remove their helmets when their is obviously a contagion or a mapping expert getting lost

Damn I thought there was some news.

Back