Prometheus Engineer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Preview was announced on Sideshow's Facebook page, calling it
''The Engineer Premium Format figure". So it is indeed 1:4 scale.

The Preview was announced on Sideshow's Facebook page, calling it
''The Engineer Premium Format figure". So it is indeed 1:4 scale.

Premium Format...Maquette...:dunno
According to this it's a Statue so who knows? If it was 1:5 it would have to be huge never mind 1:4.

10pysz9.jpg

All will be revealed Tuesday.

Last edited:
I don't understant the 1:5 decision at all. There is a 1:4 line and a 1:6 line of statues. The closest thing to 1:5 that's been done is the Predalien.
Stoopid and I hate to say it PASS!

All will be revealed Tuesday.

I guess Tuesday is a bit early this week:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/experie...or-species-no-doubt-introducing-the-engineer/

Sometimes to create, one must first destroy.

Returning to explore the extensive mythology and unresolved mysteries in the Aliens universe, Ridley Scott’s 2012 sci-fi thriller Prometheus introduced fans to the ancient race known as the Engineers. Designed for the film by award-winning creature creator Neville Page, these mysterious beings feature strong influences of classic Greek and Roman sculpture combined with HR Giger’s genre-defining aesthetic.

Discovered by archaeologists Elizabeth Shaw and Charles Holloway, the aptly named ‘Engineers’ are masters of genetic engineering. Equipped with the most advanced technology, their primary mission is to seed planets with various species – perhaps even once those of the human race.

“God-like, classical, powerful, with skin like that of stone”
- Neville Page on Ridley Scott’s description of the Engineer

Presented in 1:5 scale, humanity’s fascinating forerunner comes to life with the Engineer Statue. As depicted on the surface of LV-223, the Engineer dons the form-fitting organ laced pressure suit, capable of supplying the life-giving fluids needed during long periods of hibernation.

Individually hand painted and finished, Sideshow’s artisans have painstakingly captured every detail of the last known Engineer.

400247-bH223c6B-engineer-maquette-002.jpg

400247-69j8p06V-engineer-maquette-003.jpg

400247-LZLNm6a7-engineer-maquette-007.jpg

400247-iiO1es4T-engineer-maquette-005.jpg

400247-1F952bek-engineer-maquette-006.jpg

Sideshow Exclusive Edition

The Exclusive Engineer Statue will include an additional unique display accessory (shown below), the fossilized ‘Space Jockey’ flight suit helmet with base, our tribute to the Engineer as first depicted in the 1979 film Alien.

4002471-W375jU6I-engineer-maquette-003.jpg

4002471-Zu7184ts-engineer-maquette-001.jpg

The Engineer Statue be available this Thursday, October 17th in the Sideshow Newsletter. The regular and Exclusive versions will each be priced at $399.99 with payment plans available for as low as $60 /month.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/experience/2013/10/14/a-superior-species-no-doubt-introducing-the-engineer/

scale gets down.. price gets up..... very sad.. pass

After looking at the horrible pose they gave him, again, it hit me. It's like he saying, - Dude, where's my car?
The narrow stance might be because he is holding a potato chip between his butt cheeks and doesn't want to break it. Probably going for a Guinness record for aliens or something.

a 1/5 Engineer, will probably still end up larger than the typical 1/4 scale human.
The pose does feel odd tho ... :monkey1....

a 1/5 Engineer, will probably still end up larger than the typical 1/4 scale human.
The pose does feel odd tho ... :monkey1....

It should be :dunno No size on the reveal.
Any more than 500 and this will be available for ever me thinks.
Good luck to anyone (anyone?) getting this.

Love the film, love the alien universe, and even love this character/race in the film. That being said, despise the pose for more reasons than I can even list. For such a menacing and powerful character, in that pose and even in his facial gesture, he looks like the antithesis of what he's supposed to be.

It also looks like the helm is just for display and you can't put it on the statue.

For something I really wanted, and I can't even believe I'm saying this, I will pass and it's not even a hard choice. It's easy, sadly.

I love the film and really do want to order this as a part of my Birthday presents to myself so this may be a order. Looks great to me. the 1/5 and $400 price point is killing me though. The EX is nice. I would never display this piece with the helmet since I love the face sculpt so nice move on that as a neat accessory. A debate which I'll think about it til goes up for order and maybe order in a couple of weeks.

Back