Prometheus Engineer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the movie and character but this is way off creatively. Small scale, bad pose and high price point? Errrr, its upsetting because I really wanted this and the Gypsy Danger but SS messed up that pose too. Its like whoever is designing these doesn't understand the character or movies at all.

1:4 to 1:5 comparison.
The Alien Big Chap Maquette would still be 4" taller than this at 1:4 with the Engineer being 8 feet tall and 24" at 1:4.
Well done Sideshow you ****ed this royally.

Last edited:
There is something really wrong with SS alien line of products plus lame pose.
Pass with no regrets.

Color me disappointed! Can't say I disagree with any of the complaints. COME ON SIDESHOW WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO US!!!

Looks like SS is more focusing to 1/5 line. Why? To decrease the production value? Or SS think this franchise will not sell well enough anymore? I don't mind 1/5 scale statue for there are few that are breathtaking (Arthas and Diablo) but for Alien and Predator franchise, it's nothing but huge disappointment.
Make this guy PF with edition size of 750. No EX. Price ranged $900-$1500. Change pose. There. Problem solved. We got another grail and SS go $$$. No sublime product with EX BS, which only EX will sell out and reg will stayed in storage for god knows how long.
Pass with no regret.

I'm not crazy about the pose ether, but it's still something I would have ordered if the scale made sense. I just don't get the decision behind 1:5?

Hoping they may change their mind when they see only 10 orders came in.

Chris

i dont get the 1/5 at all, are they trying to make this the same scale as the recent (and mostly failed) 1/5 predator line?

they should made this 1/4, changed the pose slightly, add a switchout masked head as exclusive, then charge $499 and it will sell like hot cakes.

damn i should be running sideshow...

i dont get the 1/5 at all, are they trying to make this the same scale as the recent (and mostly failed) 1/5 predator line?

they should made this 1/4, changed the pose slightly, add a switchout masked head as exclusive, then charge $499 and it will sell like hot cakes.

:exactly::lecture

For what little it's worth Sideshow are kidding themselves on that Predator line being 1:5.
A 1:5 Predator is about 19 inches tall. That statue line are all about 20" tall including a 3+ inch base... Joke.

For what little it's worth Sideshow are kidding themselves on that Predator line being 1:5.
A 1:5 Predator is about 19 inches tall. That statue line are all about 20" tall including a 3+ inch base... Joke.

scale wise i think they are fine as 1/5. Below is a side by side with the yoshiko alien which is true 1/5 fully extended. The wolf next to it looks to be in scale - slightly taller than alien but also a little higher on the base. I would say he's 1/5. If you have a 1/6 hot toys put it next to this dude and it will be dwarfed.

avpheight.jpg

I waited more than year full of anticipating for overpriced 1/5 weird pose engineer!! really hate to pass on this but it seems sadly this will be the case.

The 1/5 scale, pose and price are the factors that made me pass on this statue.

I really wanted a 1/6 or 1/4 Engineer with a reasonable pose to join my Alien collection. But this statue will not be in my collection. No way will I pay $400 for a 1/5 statue with an awkward pose.

Back