Prometheus Engineer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jerry/PCS had this to say over at statue forum in the MK Goro thread.

I know there is some chatter about pricing on Goro

- Goro is huge. Bigger than Sagat. The base is also huge as his feet are splayed out wide.

- Because we are now selling to distributors around the world prices have to go up to accommodate their percentage of profit. To balance this we offer a discount when you pre-order direct through us.

- Costs are rising in China again. Factory representatives actually flew out to Los Angeles a few weeks ago to discuss with us and other companies. You will see this reflected in other companies prices over the next 12 months.

- Goro is priced comparatively to other statues his size.

- His ES, even the regular, is significantly lower than most.

As far as the hands covering the face. They really dont. Everyone who saw it in person agreed.

Looks as if many will be passing on future releases with inevitable inflated asking prices. I think a lot of people will be finding their limit very soon as to what they will accept as "reasonable" to continue in this hobby.

1:5 - $400

1:4 - $500

Maquette - $900

1:1 bust - $1000

LSF - $3000

Another two or three years of this an SS will have phased out a large portion of their collector base.

This is going to get interesting for both SS and collectors very soon.

Chris

I'm already on the verge of being priced out of this hobby. International buyers already need to add a chunk.
One more pre order then...
I'm out!

I could live with $1000 maquette as long as it's so gorgeous but if LSF is $3000 then I'm out. I. Need. Jonesy!

This one will be sat in the warehouse for a long time to come I think. SS really don't help themselves, really uncharacteristic pose and a scale that nobody really desires! It is a shame as the Engineer could have made for a great piece. They need to hire concept artists who genuinely love and understand the characters in question. They could even be more interactive with the public early on and take votes on different design ideas, we are the people buying these things after all and it would help limit disasters if nothing else..

not sure Id call the size a disappointment.
That actually alittle larger than I was expecting....

He is meant to be huge...

2qwfy45.png

It is what it is, a 1:5 statue.
Not for me thanks.

not sure Id call the size a disappointment.
That actually alittle larger than I was expecting....

wow thats it? my cyborg darth maul is larger than that. ugh i though this was supposed to be larger? But hey.....if hottoys ever puts shaw up for order....she might look cool standing with this.

Yeah, definately pricing people out of the hobby. I came on board just when prices for 1/4 were getting to about 330/350. Now it's like closer to 400 or more. I have 3 on order and have not placed a new order since spring.

If this really is 22" tall why the **** didn't they just make it 24" tall like it at least should be?
MORONS!

Personally, after I got P2 maquette then maybe I'm done. No more PO. Just collecting old items I'd say. The price is inflated so much that I could buy 2nd hand car with it.

I'm in the same boat as everyone else- 1/5 is a fail scale.

I was hoping that this would be a 1/4 PF or even maquette but I have no interest now.

It's too bad, I was really hoping to have the Engineer in my collection :(

I have a funny question to Sideshow. If the Predator 2 maquette will be as tall as this one, will it cost $400 as well? :bunnydanc:duh

Back