Project BM! - AKIRA - Kaneda - Official Picture Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually think this looks better then the older fig. but the Bike and Tetsuo will make up the difference in opinion! :rock

Got this figure today. Definitely needs futzing, but I dig him. His clothing material does seem really cheap, and I worry about the durability.

DSCN2590.jpg

Its funny seeing the MJ figure behind him who has a similar looking outfit... but is clearly better made :lol

Of course, the dilemma is that if you like the character and the film, then this is the best you are going to get. So--you either pay for this one, or you get nothing. I had a tough time justifying the Naked Snake, but when I realized I wasn't going to get one of Elvis's customs, I decided to bite the bullet and get Medicom's.

Is it Hot Toys? Of course not, but it is a fine figure. As you can tell from the various pics posted--it looks fantastic! It just feels cheap.

Guys, you are making my decision on spending $200 for this quality a painful, regretful decision.

$200 not $150?? Medicom is going to re-release Kaneda in May, the price may go down a bit.

Even if it is being "re-released" (though this sounds like a 2nd production run, which is not really the same), I'm not sure a re-release would make the value go too far down. MSRP is what it is, and Sideshow is charging $200. You can get him $20-30 less through the secondary market like Cornerstore. I would guess the Asian price would be around that. Unless demand is really low (which I don't expect), I wouldn't plan on paying < $150 for this guy.

But maybe I'm wrong. Certainly, RAH figures, in general, don't seem to increase much in value here in the states. But this seems like an instance of a very popular character that isn't available in a better quality release elsewhere (as was the case with the Dark Knight, Indiana Jones, and Star Wars figures).

can't wait for mine.

looks like the long rumoured live action AKIRA movie is in the works?-

Allen and Albert Hughes, who have co-directed all of their features, are beginning to take a divide and conquer approach. The twins have always tag-teamed, most recently on the Denzel Washington-starrer The Book of Eli. They are supposed to next direct a big Warner Bros project, Akira, and there have been rumors they want to work solo that have created questions about the Warners film based on the 1988 anime. I'm told that the siblings haven't split, but they are changing their approach. Albert will take the lead on Akira, while Allen will concentrate on directing the HBO series pilot Gentlemen of Leisure, a spin-off of their documentary American Pimp.

$200 not $150?? Medicom is going to re-release Kaneda in May, the price may go down a bit.

Well, I paid about $175 when shipping cost is factored in, so yeah, I exaggerated a bit, but the reality is that most people who aren't in HK or Japan are paying closer to $200 than $150.

I know about the second release, but it doesn't look like the price is much lower than the first release (maybe a difference of $3 to $5 usd). I'd rather have mine today than later in May for that small difference in cost.

Even if it is being "re-released" (though this sounds like a 2nd production run, which is not really the same), I'm not sure a re-release would make the value go too far down. MSRP is what it is, and Sideshow is charging $200. You can get him $20-30 less through the secondary market like Cornerstore. I would guess the Asian price would be around that. Unless demand is really low (which I don't expect), I wouldn't plan on paying < $150 for this guy.

But maybe I'm wrong. Certainly, RAH figures, in general, don't seem to increase much in value here in the states. But this seems like an instance of a very popular character that isn't available in a better quality release elsewhere (as was the case with the Dark Knight, Indiana Jones, and Star Wars figures).

Well, I paid about $175 when shipping cost is factored in, so yeah, I exaggerated a bit, but the reality is that most people who aren't in HK or Japan are paying closer to $200 than $150.

I know about the second release, but it doesn't look like the price is much lower than the first release (maybe a difference of $3 to $5 usd). I'd rather have mine today than later in May for that small difference in cost.

I ordered the re-release from an Asian site, where it was listed for $147.5 - 13,950 JPY (20% off the Msrp). It was sold out in one day! Still have to factor in the shipping of about $30 though, and perhaps even tax. So yes, $200 is a realistic estimate.

Got my Kaneda today, still no sign of the bike ...
Great figure but certainly not 200$great (what I paid ^^).

Everytime I move it, I'm afraid to tear the clothes :monkey4.
But with the bike it will be an excellent combo.

Kaneda01.jpg

Everytime I move it, I'm afraid to tear the clothes :monkey4.
But with the bike it will be an excellent combo.

Kaneda01.jpg

Siona, big congrats on your recent acquisition! I just received mine (Kaneda) last week! Can hardley wait for the PX-03 (Kaneda's bike).

Nice photo! :clap

Sure. But still no word from SSC on the bike, and I don't know when I can expect my Kaneda coming from AmiAmi.

Yeah I'm waiting for both Kaneda and his bike from SSC. The wait is almost unbearable. Can't wait to actually put my hands on these.

Back