Project BM! - AKIRA - Kaneda - Official Picture Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OMG

Super Freak
Reaction score
Being a huge Akira fans, this over price average finishing Kaneda is a must have ... what can I say ...

Re: Project BM! - AKIRA - Kaneda

Wow! Thanks for sharing the pics! Say what you want about Medicom, but they sure know how to make those Japanese cartoon characters look good!

Now, where are the Akira Kubricks??

Great pics... headsculpt looks better with more dramatic lighting.

"Everyones got a little Captain in them"

IMG_1957.jpg

The shading looks so flat on the head sculpt, even for anime standards.

Nice pics, though. Where's the bike?

The shading looks so flat on the head sculpt, even for anime standards.

Nice pics, though. Where's the bike?

Medicom's anime figures typically have very basic paint work... but in person I've always been impressed with how good and true to the source material they look.

I really love that they use non-standard body parts to better approximate the style of the animation.

Medicom's anime figures typically have very basic paint work... but in person I've always been impressed with how good and true to the source material they look.

I really love that they use non-standard body parts to better approximate the style of the animation.

I understand. I have Medicom's SS Goku and GitS Motoko Kusanagi. I guess it could be the lighting in the pics, but the skin tone on Kaneda looks flat and pale. Probably the lighting.

Now that you mention it, I see what you mean. Does look a little pale.

Sorry I didn't know there's a thread already :banghead anyway the face paint is just a flat light skin color, nothing more just like the anime.

The bike ... bike ... I'm not sure to get it or not, the box is huge and finding a place for display is almost impossible for me(eat up around 10 figures display area), and is already sold out in most of the shop here :horror

Man.. he's awesome looking. Is this the same old Medi crap though?

...Is this the same old Medi crap though?

And what would that be? I own a lot of Medicom anime figures, and I don't consider any of them to be crap... in fact, of all the types of figures Medicom put out, the anime figures are about the only ones that actually go up in value... well, the Kamen Riders and Ultraman ones do too.

thanks Icummins! thats what I wanted to hear. I know there is a lot of varried opinions about Medi.

thanks Icummins! thats what I wanted to hear. I know there is a lot of varried opinions about Medi.

When it comes to anime figures, no one beats them... yet. Based on the Appleseed figures Hot Toys did, they would easily surpass Medicom if they went after more anime licenses.

Their human likeness figures usually leave a little to be desired, and are usually over priced. Although, as I mentioned, the Kamen Rider and Ultraman stuff is really well done.

To sum it up, if the source of the figure originated in Japan, they usually do a darn good job of it... if the source is outside Japan, it's almost like they don't really care much...

Hope that helps.

Back