Probably the most ridiculous ebay auction I've seen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scamming Bastards :mad: Why the hell does e-bay let them away with this. This kind of sh@t really gets me so annoyed. MOFO's

Well not really a scam, he is telling you up front it is for a digital photo. If someone can't read, it is their own fault.

Even if this was signed by Arnie, Stan Winson(R.I.P) and James Cameron it would probably fetch maybe a couple hundred dollars.
BUT IT'S ONLY A FREAKIN PHOTO!!!!!!
This guy needs his head examined.
And the person that buys it!

Well not really a scam, he is telling you up front it is for a digital photo. If someone can't read, it is their own fault.

Yeah if you're gonna drop $800 on something it's your own fault if you don't read the ad properly and get caught by this cheeky type ad.

Scamming Bastards :mad: Why the hell does e-bay let them away with this. This kind of sh@t really gets me so annoyed. MOFO's

Im 50/50 on this one. 1 the buyer needs to read and if they dont, too bad, its a contract you didnt read. 2 the seller is an a**hole and karma will get him. funny you cant say a**hole but Kick-Ass is ok

Last edited:
This is a fake auction, this guy is searching for a replica of this statue.

He's been doing this for a long time, and I even think he's a member of this forum.
There was a lot of debate of his "ways" over several forums, he stated that he never scammed anybody, never sold any "photos" or anything, he only posts in selling section as buying section doesn't get enough views (as many people don't even know about buying section on eBay), so he posts this auction so word would get spread out.

I agree that it's probably a very wrong way to go about this thing, but then again, even if one tries to "buy" the photo, he ain't gonna sell it.

EDIT: One more thing, auction used to be very clear that he's not selling anything, but looking for a statue, however eBay kept pulling down his auctions as it was against the eBay policy to post in selling section without selling anything, so he changed it to what you can see now.

Last edited:
Why the hell does e-bay let them away with this.

The seller isnt really doing anything wrong. He clearly states in the title itself, "PHOTO" and repeats himself over in the description a couple of times. As such he isn't actually misleading anyone however he has placed the auction in the wrong catagory but that's not really a violation and can be easily viewed as a "mistake".

This is a fake auction, this guy is searching for a replica of this statue.

He's been doing this for a long time, and I even think he's a member of this forum.
There was a lot of debate of his "ways" over several forums, he stated that he never scammed anybody, never sold any "photos" or anything, he only posts in selling section as buying section doesn't get enough views (as many people don't even know about buying section on eBay), so he posts this auction so word would get spread out.

I agree that it's probably a very wrong way to go about this thing, but then again, even if one tries to "buy" the photo, he ain't gonna sell it.

EDIT: One more thing, auction used to be very clear that he's not selling anything, but looking for a statue, however eBay kept pulling down his auctions as it was against the eBay policy to post in selling section without selling anything, so he changed it to what you can see now.

so the guy isnt selling the photo for $800,he wants to buy the actual statue for $800.

Nope, he wants to track down available statue in good condition and buy it (for fair price), he's "selling" photo for $800 as he's sure this way nobody will actually buy it, as it's ridiculous to pay $800 for a digital photo that you can actually save to your PC from auction :p

This guy is a doofus if he thinks people will read that stupid listing and then contact him saying they have a statue for sale.

This guy is a doofus if he thinks people will read that stupid listing and then contact him saying they have a statue for sale.

No doubt about it..however, he did get quite much responses to the listing...I take it that majority of it is some kind of hate mail, but he's been doing this for more then half a year (as far as I know) so I'm pretty sure he's prepared for any kind of response on this.

Ebay probably doesn't care at all because he's paying the listing fees.

Ebay probably doesn't care at all because he's paying the listing fees.

It's up to the seller how much he lists his item for. It clearly states in the TITLE and description several times that it's a photo so he isn't actually tricking anyone - he's just hoping some dumbass will overlook that it's only a photo.

Last edited:
If he actually does sell it and the buyer complaint (and they will), they will eventually ban him. There were a lot of cases of this happening with the Wii and they started mass banning sellers after a while. It doesn't matter that he lists it's a photo of the item, both Paypal and Ebay will back the buyer regardless.

Edit : I normally hate Paypal/Ebay since they're ____ty companies, but it's obviously not in their interest to have people getting outright ripped off like this, which is why they do that.

If he actually does sell it and the buyer complaint (and they will), they will eventually ban him. There were a lot of cases of this happening with the Wii and they started mass banning sellers after a while. It doesn't matter that he lists it's a photo of the item, both Paypal and Ebay will back the buyer regardless.

Edit : I normally hate Paypal/Ebay since they're ____ty companies, but it's obviously not in their interest to have people getting outright ripped off like this, which is why they do that.

As I said, he's been doing this for a while....this is nothing new..
Besides, check his reputation on eBay....obviously he never sold any of these pictures, nor anybody complained, as he would have stopped by now..
He might be wrong doing this, but he's not trying to scam anybody.

The Auction is for the DIGITAL Picture like he states

PHOTO ONLY FOR SALE!
DISCLAIMER, YOU ARE BIDDING ON THE DIGITAL PHOTO BELOW.

I think i just stole his item! :naughty:naughty

Stupidebaysale.jpg

Back