Ebay seller using my own photo for his auction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put it this way - would you be happy throwing down hundreds of dollars on an item the listing for which doesn't feature a genuine picture of the item but a pic of some other guy's figure?

If someone cannot even show a picture of his own item, how do you even know he has one? There are always differences between two of the same item, especially when painted, so it's fraud to show pictures of an item you do not even have to sell. Yes, I agree with you on this.

yup, so what if someone is using the photo. it's not affecting jkno in anyway. seems like he is using it as a reason to be an internet snob.
If you dont want people using photos, either dont post them up to begin with or watermark them. Don't cry about it afterwards.

Yeah, sure, you again with your smartass replies. :wave Go home and relax little boy, or even better read (if you are able to comprehend anyway) what the implications of this could have been for the buyers on ebay. You instead troll all over the place, are a master flipper/scalper, and try giving unwanted lessons to others. Maybe you did similar things with the photos in your own auctions/selling posts... BTW stalking me much? ;)

e3dxh.png

Anyway for those who have a hard time reading: the problem is already solved. Ebay forced him to close the auction, he re-listed with his own pics, so I don't have any problems anymore. Still hope the buyers there will not get scammed.

2cqxs3l.jpg

Last edited:
Did you even read his post? It's essentially identical to someone listing pics of a Sideshow Exclusive for an auction about a non-exclusive. Anyway, you guys *****ing and moaning about "what's the difference," doesn't really matter. Per ebay rules, it's grounds for a refund given the item in the photos is not the item up for auction.

Thank you. :goodpost:

UPDATE:

Ebay forced him to close the auction. He re-listed it with his own pictures (as far as we know), and thus I have no problem anymore. Hopefully he will not scam the buyers.

Before locking the thread, another interesting thing about the accuracy of description of the AT-AT and its damages. In the canceled auction he "missed" something, the following phrase is from his second listing, the words in bold are present only in the new auction: "...Comes with a custom display case, the case shows slight surface scuffing from bieng on display and a short scratch which you can see in the image, could use with a brush down clean on outside. Has not been moved for 5 years."

Reckon it was just a case of laziness and not to scam but yeah best he uses his own photos and then people can see exactley what they'll be receiving.

This is the email response I received from [email protected] and this explains a lot:

Dear .......,

Thanks for letting us know that another seller is using your image or text without your permission. We take this type of report very seriously.

In many cases members don't know that using images or text found on eBay or other sites on the Internet, is against eBay policy.

If we find that the seller copied your images or description, we'll take appropriate action.

Thanks,

eBay Customer Support

Back