Ebay seller using my own photo for his auction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had the internet back then? :lol
:lol :lol :lol
I don't know about Ireland, probably not. :lol

Things were better and worse back then though. You had buyers who actually bid up prices to nice profits but you also had scam artists who you couldn't get refunds from. Buyers were easier to control as you could just demand postal money orders which are hard to fake and can be cashed when shipping the item.

:lol :lol :lol

both posts made me laugh pretty good hahahaha

I was in middle school in 1997 I think, Jesus,

I would have been junior cert year in school, bout 15 I think. In fact I think theres a real possibility we didn't have the internet at the time, at least in my household.

I have to wonder why this is an issue.

if the seller was using an official picture from the website, a promo pic, it would even pass,

but showing someone's pic makes it seem like that is the item in hand, which is a lie, there is a difference between using promo pics taken by the company, and using someone's actual pic, because it makes buyers think that is the exact item, and exact description

but at the same time, since the photobucket account was probably public the guy just used what he found online

I'm not seeing it.
So if you were a buyer of an item on eBay, and the item shown in the auction picture being passed off as the item you were to receive was not actually the item being sold (and probably not in a positive way), you wouldn't be miffed when you opened your package and noticed this?

So if you were a buyer of an item on eBay, and the item shown in the auction picture being passed off as the item you were to receive was not actually the item being sold (and probably not in a positive way), you wouldn't be miffed when you opened your package and noticed this?

As long as I got the item in the condition I expected expected it to be in...I wouldn't even give it a first thought, let alone a second.

Have you tried contacting the seller first?
It happened to me once, I contacted the seller and he took the picture down.
Give it a try... if he doesn't respond file it under "Other Copyright and Trademark concerns"

Good luck

As long as I got the item in the condition I expected expected it to be in...I wouldn't even give it a first thought, let alone a second.

that's the whole point, it might not be in great condition
or the paint might be bad, or it might be different,
in some items it doesn't matter, but in others do, specially if you are looking for that one toy with the best paint, you might search a long time until you find one you like, to only get another one, that happens with Neca a lot, people will wait to see one that looks okay

I don't understand what the fuss is over. It's not a photo of ur child

Put it this way - would you be happy throwing down hundreds of dollars on an item the listing for which doesn't feature a genuine picture of the item but a pic of some other guy's figure?

Have you tried contacting the seller first?
It happened to me once, I contacted the seller and he took the picture down.
Give it a try... if he doesn't respond file it under "Other Copyright and Trademark concerns"

Good luck

Yeah, no answer. He did answer to a friend of mine questions LOL. Quite shady.

in some items it doesn't matter, but in others do, specially if you are looking for that one toy with the best paint, you might search a long time until you find one you like, to only get another one, that happens with Neca a lot, people will wait to see one that looks okay

Put it this way - would you be happy throwing down hundreds of dollars on an item the listing for which doesn't feature a genuine picture of the item but a pic of some other guy's figure?

Exactly. The idea is that the buyer might expect to get a pristine product like in my photo.

Plus as I said before but some members here don't really read the last photo there is of a different AT-AT. Do you see the differences? So in the end what is the winner getting? This is not a $10 Hasbro figure.

Maybe Blobafatt is indeed putting pics of his child online, thus speaks from own experience...:slap

Sorry...but this just seems to be an extreme stretch to invent a reason to have an issue with this.

Darth Cruel you do realize there are 3 different AT-AT's in the pictures posted by that ebay seller?

1. The first pic belongs to me and it is a MR AT-AT Signature Edition (SE) with Phil Tippet autographed plaque, snow base, snow paint apps and crushed snowspeeder studio scale (mine is in perfect condition),
2. the next 3 pics could be from the same AT-AT SE, with some damage on the right lower cannon (but can we be sure those pics really belong to the seller?)
3. the last pic is of an entirely different MR AT-AT, the Limited Edition (LE) with a custom snow base and some kind of snowspeeder on the base.

So what will the buyer get in the end?

mratatsele.jpg

It's a picture. Who cares.

Did you even read his post? It's essentially identical to someone listing pics of a Sideshow Exclusive for an auction about a non-exclusive. Anyway, you guys *****ing and moaning about "what's the difference," doesn't really matter. Per ebay rules, it's grounds for a refund given the item in the photos is not the item up for auction.

It seems the auction was taken down, my message to vero at ebay worked. He re-listed it, this time with his own pics, I have no problem with that.

Sorry...but this just seems to be an extreme stretch to invent a reason to have an issue with this.

yup, so what if someone is using the photo. it's not affecting jkno in anyway. seems like he is using it as a reason to be an internet snob.
If you dont want people using photos, either dont post them up to begin with or watermark them. Don't cry about it afterwards.

Back