Prison Break - Season 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prison Break is a damn good show. I own all 3 seasons. Here's to Season 4. :duff :rock

I would have never guessed! :lol

But I think I'm going to agree with the others. Season 4 is off to a shaky start. I mean Sonya has a massive riot all of a sudden and our main three characters that got left behind last season were just able to escape? I mean why have left them in there at the end of last season just to amount to nothing? :duh

I mean why have left them in there at the end of last season just to amount to nothing?

I don't think there was a guarantee the show would be brought back after the season was cut short last year, which means they had to come up with a way to get the characters into position for the new storyline as quickly as possible.

This episode seemed a lot dumber than usual (and I love this show). Hopefully not a sign of things to come. I like the A-Team vibe though. Things have long passed the point of believability so they either need to ramp up Scofield as a brilliant Holmes/MacGuyver character or just end the series for good in May.

Why don't we just watch and give it a chance? :rolleyes:

Oh I am, but I'm just saying they seem to have gotten lazy already. Lasering off Michael's tattoos just so he won't have to put on the decals again is yet another example of their laziness. He only had them visable in ONE shot in ONE episode in Season 3. I think they were just too tired of constantly trying to cover them up.

Hell. He should of gotten those effers "inked" on his body for real. Hell thats what he's known for mostly.

Not to mention they are totally bad ass! It kinda be like wearing a permanent "Affliction" shirt. :lol

Oh I am, but I'm just saying they seem to have gotten lazy already. Lasering off Michael's tattoos just so he won't have to put on the decals again is yet another example of their laziness. He only had them visable in ONE shot in ONE episode in Season 3. I think they were just too tired of constantly trying to cover them up.

I wouldn't have minded that if the "in story" explanation made a lick of sense. Why bother removing the tattoos to avoid arousing suspicion if all the characters have to wear ankle bracelets that will never survive a pat down?

And if they have to wear ankle bracelets, why on Earth let Scofield and Burrows out on bail?! They're the two biggest flight risks in the country!

Where has Sarah been this whole time if she knew Michael was in Sona?

Why doesn't Lincoln seem worried that his kid is running around Panama without protection after he's already been kidnapped by the Company once before?

Why is the bald man talking all the time now?

How did the new Company agent know where Sarah lives? How did he know Whistler was in the alley?

I love this show, but it's like it went from "enjoyably stretching credulity" to "written by monkeys."

There's a cool "popcorn" element to this show. But I have to admit, Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell are pretty horrible actors. In S1, when the show was plot driven, it was easier to handle. Now that the show has some pretty credibility stretching material, their inability to make bad material look good is showing a lot.

Take T-Bag ( Robert Knepper ) The guy is given some pretty ridiculous lines and situations but he always makes the character menacing and interesting and funny. Even with bad material, he makes the character stand out and keeps it interesting.

If the show followed T Bag and made him the main character, I think I'd watch this show every week.

GG

I completely agree about Knepper, but I don't think Purcell or Miller are that bad.

And the show isn't any more farfetched than "24" or even "The Shield". All of these shows have extreme situations - as long as you can suspend your disbelief they're all entertaining.

If the show followed T Bag and made him the main character, I think I'd watch this show every week.

He's the best thing about the show. I would have preferred him to stay in season one psycho mode but I can understand why they've had to smooth around the edges over time.

I stopped watching after that lame ending in season 2...
Fox ruined everything...to me the series ended with Sarah, Michael and Linc scaping with the money and everybody else died or busted...
Everything was solved, but Fox wanted the series to keep going, and Season 3 doesn't make any sense, at least the first 5 episodes I saw...then I gave up...
and now they aren't even in Prison...WTH?? :mad:

Yeah, they are stretching the credibility quite a bit this year... and the continuity is lacking as well. At the data center scene, Michael's plan seemed to depend on the fact that the receptionist's pass would be laying in easy reach and not be being worn. If that wasn't enough, Michael and the whizkid had to go through at least two doors using the pass and Michael knew exactly where to go (the kid even questioned him about it), yet when Linc came charging in to the rescue, he knew where to go as well and didn't need a pass to get through the same doors! Granted, the doors may have been "unlocked" because of the fire alarm, but still, how did he find them that quick? I still like the show, but they do seem to be "cutting corners" in the writing and plot department this year...

Yeah, they are stretching the credibility quite a bit this year... and the continuity is lacking as well. At the data center scene, Michael's plan seemed to depend on the fact that the receptionist's pass would be laying in easy reach and not be being worn. If that wasn't enough, Michael and the whizkid had to go through at least two doors using the pass and Michael knew exactly where to go (the kid even questioned him about it), yet when Linc came charging in to the rescue, he knew where to go as well and didn't need a pass to get through the same doors! Granted, the doors may have been "unlocked" because of the fire alarm, but still, how did he find them that quick? I still like the show, but they do seem to be "cutting corners" in the writing and plot department this year...

Yeah. It actually has a lot of potential - repositioning the cons as a sort of A-Team running covert jobs in exchange for their freedom, with the focus being on Michael's genius (something they made a big deal about in the first season flashbacks but now seems to have vanished). But they're bungling it with terrible plotting and some of the worst scriptwriting on TV. It's embarrassing how far the show has fallen.

I don't care if it wasn't plausible. That ^^^^ with the axe was the best part of the episode.:lol:lol:lol

I still like it but seasons 1 and 2 were MUCH better.

Worth watching still IMO.

I certainly wouldn't call it the worst writing on TV. I sat through all of 24 S.6. :monkey4

However it does seem that Michael is getting lucky rather than smart in the first 2 episodes.

But currently Jodi Lyn O'Keefe and Michael "I Ended My Acting Career Trying To Be The White Guy Who Wishes He Was Black" Rappaport are pretty horrible.

And then just when you think it can't get any worse, they throw in that hacker guy.

Exactly! I want the genius Michael back with the brilliant plans!

In the situation they are in right now, his intellect is not applicable. He is an engineer which is why the Prison was a great place to test his knowledge. They are not trap in a building at the moment so I think Mahone is the knowlegable character.

In the situation they are in right now, his intellect is not applicable. He is an engineer which is why the Prison was a great place to test his knowledge. They are not trap in a building at the moment so I think Mahone is the knowlegable character.

I like the way Mahone has been guiding them from the side. But it was established way back in the first season that Michael is a genius able to quickly see patterns and work out solutions with lateral thinking. The prison break only partly hinged on him being an engineer - remember the original plan falls apart and he still has to think on his feet. But he's clearly supposed to be a genius and we're told this when Sarah visits his old psychologist or case worker or whoever and is told point blank that Michael has a gift.

Back