Premium Format Princess Leia A New Hope 1/4 PF statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm...i like the old one, its not that bad.
I think that something is wrong on the new one...the eyes and the bottom lip are to smal and the nose looks wrong.
leia.jpg

Lol at these prices and now pvc will be used for com ing statues. I love pvc and have no problem with it except the increasing prices. Will buy later from another collector for a few hundred less. she looks great though. best one made so far!

Completely agree with you. I actually prefer the portrait on the original pf.

Hmmm...i like the old one, its not that bad.
I think that something is wrong on the new one...the eyes and the bottom lip are to smal and the nose looks wrong.
leia.jpg

It's pretty much standard now with SS... I think a lot of collectors would of preferred if they stayed with polystone as Iron Studios has proven several times now that you can get great likeness with the material.

After the backlash SS got with Man of Steel PVC statue, I think SS is going to take it more slowly by just doing head sculpts and hands with PVC for the time being but I have a feeling SS statues will eventually be 100% PVC as it's a cheaper material even though SS will try to convince you otherwise....

I have all of those movie Iron Studio pieces (except for Darth Vader), and I'm not sure that normal Polystone was used for the headsculpts, and other locations where skin details are present.

It's some sort of translucent resin which provides minute sculpted details, depth and weight. Sort of like those used on Prime 1 pieces.

I have all of those movie Iron Studio pieces (except for Darth Vader), and I'm not sure that normal Polystone was used for the headsculpts, and other locations where skin details are present.

It's some sort of translucent resin which provides minute sculpted details, depth and weight. Sort of like those used on Prime 1 pieces.

I was referring to Iron Studios 1:4 Marvel status, they've nailed the likeness on all their statues so far... With their 1:10 scale ones they haven't had 100% success but given the small scale they've got more right then wrong...

Last edited:
Part of the problem with this new statue is her eyes are light hazel where as Carrie Fisher had dark brown eyes.

I was referring to Iron Studios 1:4 Marvel status, they've nailed the likeness on all their statues so far... With their 1:10 scale ones they haven't had 100% success but given the small scale they've got more right then wrong...

I know that's what you were referring to. I have all the 1/4 Civil War pieces. And I agree the likenesses is top notch (and because of that I got two sets of Team Cap).

But I'm still saying that I'm not so sure that the headsculpts with human features are made out of normal Polystone.

I know that's what you were referring to. I have all the 1/4 Civil War pieces. And I agree the likenesses is top notch (and because of that I got two sets of Team Cap).

But I'm still saying that I'm not so sure that the headsculpts with human features are made out of normal Polystone.

I'm not sure either although I know there not PVC.....

It's the best exclusive they could have realistically made for this statue I can think of. If I were buying I would certainly want it. But for $600 shipped I don't want a PVC sculpt. Like with the Vader statue I hope patience will eventually be rewarded and better Luke, Leia, Han, and R2 statues will come along.

Well, they may have priced me out on this one. I have the original and like the shelf presence it has. Will this one be twice as good, since it's twice the price? Doubtful. While I think the sculpt is better than the upcoming Bespin Luke and Han, those don't have existing options, so I've got those on pre-order. If they'd have made a Bespin Leia...that'd be a different story for me...

So did the original PF Leia also come with a fabric dress, and how has it held up over all these years, did it stay white? I'd be worried about discolouration.

Imo PVC isn't the end of the world.

In nine out of ten cases I would take an enlarged Hot Toys headsculpt over a Sideshow one, if they were somehow interchangeable.

yeah but SS can't even bat 100 with PVC... besides as I've mentioned before other companies have done great likeness without having to use PVC....

yeah but SS can't even bat 100 with PVC... besides as I've mentioned before other companies have done great likeness without having to use PVC....

Yes other companies have, but I believe they mostly use some sort of translucent resin recipe to get the right colour depth and textures.

Honestly I have no idea what is the difference in the make up of Polystone, PVC and resins as I believe most are some sort of variation of plastic aren't they?

What IS that thing Leia's holding?:horror

Looking to have a little fun with a lucky trooper?:lol

star-wars-princess-leia-premium-format-figure-sideshow-30066711-02.jpg

Sideshow is on a roll with some quite decent (well, better than expected) PF headsculpts, but WOW - these prices. Rich person's game now.

The head looks a bit too big for the hands and body but not too bad. Weird how all the SW statues seem to be getting the same "splayed left hand dance pose" look. Gonna be a SW "Chorus Line" display with these all together.

Strange they do Han Bespin and Luke Bespin but then ANH Leia.

So did the original PF Leia also come with a fabric dress, and how has it held up over all these years, did it stay white? I'd be worried about discolouration.
Yes the first Leia has a fabric dress and i have no problems with the "color". The only thing on this one i dont like is that the dress is a little bit "translucent" you can see her white underpants :wink1: but you can use a selfmade petticoat for that...made of white fabric or light paper.
Here is a review:
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_080206a.htm

What IS that thing Leia's holding?:horror
Death Star plans

$550 Head-knocker. Thought it seemed too big, now others mention it too, so it wasn't my imagination....

I think she looks good but not jaw dropping must have. The exclusive to me is pretty pointless but I don’t know what else they could have done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

owned mine since day 1 and no issue. I imagine you would not want her near sunlight...but that goes for any statue.

Back