Premium Format Princess Leia A New Hope 1/4 PF statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need a Leia. Trying to decide if I should get the old one for cheap now since the prices are falling or just get this one. Both look good to me honestly.

What I like about the original pf is the ex is worth owning if you want to display her with the original Chewie pf ex and capture the scene from the detention center shootout. And if you're using Detolf cabinets they will even both fit together in the same space.

I need a Leia. Trying to decide if I should get the old one for cheap now since the prices are falling or just get this one. Both look good to me honestly.

If you don't have the original by now it didn't speak to you personally. I'd wait for something else.

The technical quality of the sculpt is very high... but like others have said the size seems too big and something about the likeness seems off. I like that she's not an idealized Leia, but still think it could be a bit closer.

And when you factor in the likely drop in production quality I assume this will be end up being a decent piece, but not worth anywhere near $550.

Death Star plans

More like someone has "plans" for when they arrive on the Death Star.:wink1::lol

The shape and color of it looks kinda funny.

star-wars-princess-leia-premium-format-figure-sideshow-30066711-02.jpg

condoms2.png

:lol

And I get the PVC reluctance, but are people seriously referring to this as the Leia sculpt they prefer:

review_pfleia_4.jpg

The technical quality of the sculpt is very high... but like others have said the size seems too big and something about the likeness seems off. I like that she's not an idealized Leia, but still think it could be a bit closer.

And when you factor in the likely drop in production quality I assume this will be end up being a decent piece, but not worth anywhere near $550.

Had to laugh at Michael's review comment of V.1 Leia:

"At $250 - $275, she's definitely not cheap. In fact, I'd say in terms of the bang for the buck (ignoring the obvious joke), she's the poorest value of the Star Wars PF's released to date."

Had to laugh at Michael's review comment of V.1 Leia:

"At $250 - $275, she's definitely not cheap. In fact, I'd say in terms of the bang for the buck (ignoring the obvious joke), she's the poorest value of the Star Wars PF's released to date."

The price of quarter scale is crazy. But like their 1/6, sideshow is not going to charge less than the competition simply because their product is inferior. And when it comes to Star Wars statues they are pretty much the only game in town unless you want to pay high import fees for XM. Iron Studios did an excellent Vader statue so there is hope for more from them.

I prefer the old one. it's not perfect, but it looks more like carrie to me.

I think the pose is much nicer as well.

Attachments

• 7119_press02-001.jpg
    7119_press02-001.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 123
  • c1f6b28c7ebd47683443ea4ce5605658--hot-toys-princess-leia.jpg
    c1f6b28c7ebd47683443ea4ce5605658--hot-toys-princess-leia.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 7119_press01-001.jpg
    7119_press01-001.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 122
I can see some Carrie Fisher in both the new and older PF but neither one of them is an ideal likenesses to her...

I hope XM or Iron Studios does a statue of her...

I prefer the old one. it's not perfect, but it looks more like carrie to me.

I think the pose is much nicer as well.

The old one is OUTDATED....however BOTH do look like Carrie somewhat in their own way. I’m happy I ordered the new one.

I hope XM or Iron Studios does a statue of her...

Me too! Still kicking myself for missing out on ordering Vader.

Imo the 1/6 Hot Toys as per usual has the better likeness.

Yeah that 1/6 head sculpt is a spot on to the likeness of Carrie Fisher, BUT that dress was AWFUL! Poor design and quality. Glad to see they did a run of Yunsil’s dress for her though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outdated?

curious on why you say that. I understand preferring the new one, but the old one is far from outdated imho. I mean, there is only so much you can do with a white piece of fabric.

outdated?

curious on why you say that. I understand preferring the new one, but the old one is far from outdated imho. I mean, there is only so much you can do with a white piece of fabric.

That is just MY opinion. The old Leia PF was released back in 2006, 12 years ago, and so much has changed since then. There’s a huge difference in the paint apps and the quality of fabrics between then and now.

Clearly it’s my preference to keep my collection up to date. I switch out parts on my 1/6 custom figures for the better parts and sell older HT figures for the newer versions. That’s just how I do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 years between statues is a long time. If I did have the original PF, i wouldn't hesitate getting this one as well, I think there is enough of a difference to have both. Thats just me though because I'm a huge Leia fan. That why I have the different 1/6 scale versions too.

Every thread has one thing in common.

Some love the item and some hate it.

I have way too much on PO to get it plus I want to PO other items from Prime 1 but I have the old one. I am interested but actually I’m waiting to see how Phasma turns out. Gotta finish off my last shelf spot so I hope she’s good.

Either way it’s not the worst but for the price I have to consider waiting for more rewards points.

I have never been overly upset with PVC if it looks good. Make your own I say.

Is this really 100% PVC?

I noticed on SS website it says polystone/pvc…. so either the base is polystone and the statue is PVC or everything Is polystone except the head which is pvc… just wish SS would clarify....

Back