Statue Prime1 Studio - Batman - The Dark Knight Rises 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on what I’ve seen, Affleck seems to be much easier to sculpt.

Again, I’m not a sculptor, but one must wonder why a perfect Bale Batman collectible (TDK/TDKR suit) is so damn hard to accomplish in this day and age.

It is not a nitpick like saying, the elbow is wrong, or the cape is too long. But when the actual HS, that Bale eye expression is totally not there, it seriously just looks like someone else is cosplaying Batman.

This is not even good enough territory, this is a complete fail.

When SSC can do a better HS, something is drastically wrong.

Come on P1, you can surely do better than this. First it was that joke of a HL Joker. Now this.

The last resort is XM, I hope they ever get to work with the license.

pizap.com15415300915701.jpg

The first HT prototype was proportionwise pretty spot on, the portrait was just off.

People praised HT b/c they fixed the head sculpt but very few mentioned the the final suit/body didn't look as good as the proto.

P1 said they will do a 1/2 Bale I believe, so let's hope that they'll learn from past mistakes.

The unmasked sculpt is the best likeness I have seen of Bale, the eyes, nose and mouth appear to be all in proportion and are the correct shape. That being said, I think the reason it looks off to a certain degree is because of the face shape, the chin is too prominent and the shape of the face should be more of an oval shape and not so triangular in appearance.

What are the chances of them doing the Batman Begins in 1/3 scale eventually? I love the Enterbay version but if Prime 1 did that suit I'd be very tempted!

What are the chances of them doing the Batman Begins in 1/3 scale eventually? I love the Enterbay version but if Prime 1 did that suit I'd be very tempted!

Since I placed my order for the EX Rises suit this week, I sure hope they do (if they've got the license) as having both suits just makes sense.

Any rumors/rumblings about this in a 1/2 version? If so, I'd prefer to hold out for that but don't want to miss out on this if they have no plans on a half scale version.

I been waiting too, but the headsculpt of this one is behind the 1/4 PF and the 1/4 HT.

I know you guys been waiting for my analisis... I draw some lines to show what I see is wrong with the Bat headsculpt, this is not subjective stuff, this is a fact. Prime1 better fix this issues:

24m9jko.jpg
What are the chances prime 1 studios will fix the eyes for the production piece for this?

What are the chances prime 1 studios will fix the eyes for the production piece for this?

Well Prime1 don't seem to re-sculpt their prototypes too often, but they have done it before. I remember they completely changed the half scale WW headsculpt. I'm a HUGE Nolan's Batman fan and I'm not buying this unless the fix a lot of things of this statue

from Sunny Lei.. Instagram

1st pic sculpt looks pretty damn' good.

Attachments

• 101542457_715231662611082_133421410233918974_n.jpg
    101542457_715231662611082_133421410233918974_n.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 236
  • 101506617_267069367987130_1089112999119887124_n.jpg
    101506617_267069367987130_1089112999119887124_n.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 228
Looks fine with the cowl but that Bale sculpt is pretty woeful. P1 don't seem great at capturing an actors likeness.

If QS are doing a Bale sculpt for theirs it will likely be much better.

Bale head sculpt is decent but not good enough to be my grail piece. Will have to see Queen studios.

Paint job looks so thick .... that kills the headscult which seems to have a decent likeness

Back