Statue Prime1 Studio - Batman - The Dark Knight Rises 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man their real life human paint apps have really dropped on some of these releases at least from looking at pics, not just this but others as well. It looks super heavy handed instead of fine and layered skin tones.

I just don't think this figure is worth 1k to be honest. Both headsculpts are bad imo. Look at the Enterbay 1/4 Batman. The cowl headsculpt is the best Bale Batman headsculpt ever made.

Man their real life human paint apps have really dropped on some of these releases at least from looking at pics, not just this but others as well. It looks super heavy handed instead of fine and layered skin tones.

I agree, I used to be really impressed by P1 skin tones but quality has taken a drop in last couple years

Im having hard time seeing why people are saying queen studios unmasked head looks better then this one in terms of likeness to bale. Neither are perfect but the qs one looks way to young and his nose is ****ing weird looking. I do agree the paint application (Skin tone) may look better on the qs proto then the prime 1 production piece but not the likeness. Do people prioritize skin tone over likeness? The prime 1 paint apps do look a bit heavy On the face but that could be picture distortion. Ive seen some video reviews where the reviewers are saying they dont look that heavy in person. In terms of pose, i do like the qs and also prefer the qs base but his head is looking slightly down and you get no switchout parts besides the heads. I also like the cowl head a bit better on qs but again its looking downward a bit. With p1 you get quite a few display options. I have to decide soon cause i dont want to cancel my ssc p1 ex order and then regret it later. If only the qs one was shipping now so we could compare production piece to production piece. I Know qs is supposed to have great qc but we still dont know how the production piece will turn out, with p1 we know what we will get now that its in the hands of reviewers. I believe Qs has a higher es then p1, so they have to make sure quality stays consistent for a larger run.

At first i was all set to cancel my p1 order especially with those first few production images of the unmasked head leaking out, but after watching some high quality video reviews of this statue, its obvious that prime 1 did a really nice job with it. The detail on the costume and the paint work is all top notch. I dont think you can really go wrong with either to be honest. I will say if you have the qs joker on po then getting the qs one is probably the right way to go. I dont have that joker on po, dont want my one and only 1/3 scale ledger joker statue to be sitting- Plus if you put bats behind him you block most of his statue. For me the decision isnt so clear cut but im really liking what im seeing with final product here after watching high quality video reviews of it

Im having hard time seeing why people are saying queen studios unmasked head looks better then this one in terms of likeness to bale. Neither are perfect but the qs one looks way to young and his nose is ****ing weird looking. I do agree the paint application (Skin tone) may look better on the qs proto then the prime 1 production piece but not the likeness. Do people prioritize skin tone over likeness? The prime 1 paint apps do look a bit heavy On the face but that could be picture distortion. Ive seen some video reviews where the reviewers are saying they dont look that heavy in person. In terms of pose, i do like the qs and also prefer the qs base but his head is looking slightly down and you get no switchout parts besides the heads. I also like the cowl head a bit better on qs but again its looking downward a bit. With p1 you get quite a few display options. I have to decide soon cause i dont want to cancel my ssc p1 ex order and then regret it later. If only the qs one was shipping now so we could compare production piece to production piece. I Know qs is supposed to have great qc but we still dont know how the production piece will turn out, with p1 we know what we will get now that its in the hands of reviewers. I believe Qs has a higher es then p1, so they have to make sure quality stays consistent for a larger run.

At first i was all set to cancel my p1 order especially with those first few production images of the unmasked head leaking out, but after watching some high quality video reviews of this statue, its obvious that prime 1 did a really nice job with it. The detail on the costume and the paint work is all top notch. I dont think you can really go wrong with either to be honest. I will say if you have the qs joker on po then getting the qs one is probably the right way to go. I dont have that joker on po, dont want my one and only 1/3 scale ledger joker statue to be sitting- Plus if you put bats behind him you block most of his statue. For me the decision isnt so clear cut but im really liking what im seeing with final product here after watching high quality video reviews of it

Because it simply is better. But I do agree the QS piece ‘currently’ looks too young, but the Prime 1 looks way too old, and the paint doesn’t look good at all on the videos and photos I’ve seen posted. I’m aware that things sometimes do look better in hand, but even so..... and depending on the YouTuber you’ve got to take what they say with more than grain of salt. And while the QS does have its issues, the resemblance to the actor is very strong whereas with the Prime 1 piece I’m having trouble thinking it looks all that good.

I‘m a long time fan of Prime 1 and have dozens of their 1/3 scale pieces and imo the QS ‘prototype’ is the superior unmasked headsculpt. I do love swap out options, but after a while I’ve found my pieces stay mostly locked once I’ve found a look I like, and the only thing I do change up once in a while are the headsculpts. And while Prime 1 does have ‘options’, I’m not sure I like any of them, though those multiple neck adapters are a cool idea.

And when this piece originally went up for preorder it was an easy pass as none of the promotional shots really spoke to me, and sadly that hasn’t changed since they started shipping. I primarily collect movie pieces and for me to not order a Batman movie Statue is a rare thing, but I just didn’t like this piece at all. I got their Selina Kyle (which I sort of regret now), and I’ll be getting the Bane bust as well, but I never had any intention of getting their Batman.

Because it simply is better. But I do agree the QS piece ‘currently’ looks too young, but the Prime 1 looks way too old, and the paint doesn’t look good at all on the videos and photos I’ve seen posted. I’m aware that things sometimes do look better in hand, but even so..... and depending on the YouTuber you’ve got to take what they say with more than grain of salt. And while the QS does have its issues, the resemblance to the actor is very strong whereas with the Prime 1 piece I’m having trouble thinking it looks all that good.

I‘m a long time fan of Prime 1 and have dozens of their 1/3 scale pieces and imo the QS ‘prototype’ is the superior unmasked headsculpt. I do love swap out options, but after a while I’ve found my pieces stay mostly locked once I’ve found a look I like, and the only thing I do change up once in a while are the headsculpts. And while Prime 1 does have ‘options’, I’m not sure I like any of them, though those multiple neck adapters are a cool idea.

And when this piece originally went up for preorder it was an easy pass as none of the promotional shots really spoke to me, and sadly that hasn’t changed since they started shipping. I primarily collect movie pieces and for me to not order a Batman movie Statue is a rare thing, but I just didn’t like this piece at all. I got their Selina Kyle (which I sort of regret now), and I’ll be getting the Bane bust as well, but I never had any intention of getting their Batman.

I get that esp if you dont care for the switch out options then i agree queen is the way to go as it does look better overall (granted prototype form) you just have to place him a bit higher on the shelve with that slight head tilt. Again i am still debating, if i do go queen i doubt i will go for the real “hair” version. i dont think it will fit in with the rest of my 1/3 p1 movie statues that all have sculpted hair so i doubt i would use that head much at all. At this scale i think i still prefer the look of sculpted hair as long as its well done like the qs is. If that version wasnt so much more id buy it anyway just to have the ex, but its way more money for something i dont like better then the sculpted, plus it will be displayed with The bat head most of the time. I also dont know how long the hair will last or if it will degrade overtime since i have no experience with statues that have hair like this. I do prefer the real hair look on the larger 1/1 busts and 1/2 scale statues (Qs aquaman prime 1 wonder woman) though.

Update: guys thanks for the feedback, i ended up thinking about it and decided that extra switch outs alone arent worth passing on the qs version. I did it just in the nick of time too i got the last premium version from bbts- phew. I canceled my ssc order without checking bbts stock so i got very lucky

Hello,

Can someone let me know the actual weight of the package?

Customs in my country cares about the actual package weight instead of dimensional weight. It needs to be below 30 kg.

Thanks

Interesting to see that many feel the way I feel about this piece.. underwhelmed. Something about his pose is just so.. stiff. The QS version takes the same basic pose and tweaks it just enough to give it life. Theirs looks imposing. Even just tilting the head down gives it tons more presence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just saw a video of this on YouTube, and, oh boy.. why did Prime1 went fully flat on the back of his head? on both headsculps the cowl and the Bale head. The same mistake that HT have done on every single one of their TDK Batman figures. The back of his head not being flat is really important to me.

Yea, I prefer the QS version as well. It just looks a tad better to me.

Back