Statue Prime1 Studio - Batman - The Dark Knight Rises 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been waiting for this one! Can't wait to order.

I been waiting too, but the headsculpt of this one is behind the 1/4 PF and the 1/4 HT.

I know you guys been waiting for my analisis... I draw some lines to show what I see is wrong with the Bat headsculpt, this is not subjective stuff, this is a fact. Prime1 better fix this issues:

24m9jko.jpg

The neck looks thick enough to me. As much as I like the QS001 the super thin long neck and cowl really bothers me. Prime 1 have done a much better job here. Agree the eyes are off, could maybe use more of a squint.

The neck looks thick enough to me. As much as I like the QS001 the super thin long neck and cowl really bothers me. Prime 1 have done a much better job here. Agree the eyes are off, could maybe use more of a squint.

I think the eyes are in the wrong position, too low, it's beyond the squint look. Here is another analisis from a different angle:

23m7a0m.jpg

On the pro side, the shape of the cowl is close to perfect. I think Prime1 3d scanned a replica or something. But of course when Bale wears the cowl the shape of the cowl changes a little bit, and that's when the 3d scan fails

Last edited:
Honestly I think he looks more of less fine. Though I personally would prefer more of a squint.

Analysis like these are rarely perfect, as unless both photos were taken under near exact circumstances using the same cameras, lenses, focal length, angles to the figure; you can probably take two photos of the exact same item but by using different equipment and settings it could very well create discrepancies between the two.

Also with a man in a suit, it might not always be the same suit for every scene, or it could just be that for a particular scene the costume could be sitting slightly different for any number of reasons.

I think the eyes are in the wrong position, too low, it's beyond the squint look. Here is another analisis from a different angle:

23m7a0m.jpg

On the pro side, the shape of the cowl is close to perfect. I think Prime1 3d scanned a replica or something. But of course when Bale wears the cowl the shape of the cowl changes a little bit, and that's when the 3d scan fails

You should post these images on P1 collectors group. They might consider the changes. I also want this to be my definitive Bale Bats even if I already have the PF and the Qs001 both aren't perfect as I won't be getting the 1/2 scale.

Honestly I think he looks more of less fine. Though I personally would prefer more of a squint.

Analysis like these are rarely perfect, as unless both photos were taken under near exact circumstances using the same cameras, lenses, focal length, angles to the figure; you can probably take two photos of the exact same item but by using different equipment and settings it could very well create discrepancies between the two.

Also with a man in a suit, it might not always be the same suit for every scene, or it could just be that for a particular scene the costume could be sitting slightly different for any number of reasons.

Well if things are so random as you say, that means you can find a picture of the statue where the eyes are not sitting too low compared to a picture of Bale's Batman that is reasonable in the same angle. I think you won't

You should post these images on P1 collectors group. They might consider the changes. I also want this to be my definitive Bale Bats even if I already have the PF and the Qs001 both aren't perfect as I won't be getting the 1/2 scale.

Where can I find such a group? I might get the half scale TDK (if released some day) but I also want this one to be better than any other released product of TDK Batman

the masked face don't bother me but there's a big issue on unmasked one . The eyes are too close and not large enough as you can see on the image below

batman2 copie.jpg

the masked face don't bother me but there's a big issue on unmasked one . The eyes are too close and not large enough as you can see on the image below

View attachment 432177

Agreed. It also seems to me the eyes are too close together and should probably be a tad bigger. Something's off with them in my opinion.

Thanks, I requested to join the group

View attachment 432177

Yes, the Bale's sculpt is off too, mainly the eyes as you pointed out. Plus why the smirk? Do we want a happy Bruce? And why the hair style? There wasn't a single shot on TDKR that Bale had that hair style. That look is from TDK.

Thanks, I requested to join the group

Yes, the Bale's sculpt is off too, mainly the eyes as you pointed out. Plus why the smirk? Do we want a happy Bruce? And why the hair style? There wasn't a single shot on TDKR that Bale had that hair style. That look is from TDK.

Interesting, that doing my own analisis, the eyes on the Bale sculpt are close to perfect, in shape, length and position. I think my main issue is with the hair

:

2vm9eo9.jpg

Interesting, that doing my own analisis, the eyes on the Bale sculpt are close to perfect, in shape, length and position. I think my main issue is with the hair

:

Though I'm not saying you're incorrect in either of your two previous end results, I think you've possibly just proven my earlier point. We've got two people who have done fairly basic comparisons using various photos; but who have more or less got different results.

Honestly I do think the unmasked headsculpt appears off, but as to exactly what it is :dunno

I just hope this thread doesn't go the way of Prime 1's 1/2 scale Joker (or any OT SW statue), whereby for months it was a few collectors continuing to critique the facesculpt for inaccuracies, swamping those that tried to say something positive about the statue. As true as it may have been I hope this thread is more respectful to all opinions on the matter.

But if there are inaccuracies as the 'majority' of collectors/individuals see it, I hope they're seen to. Prime 1 did make alterations to the Affleck headsculpt, so there's always hope for those that want changes.

Though I'm not saying you're incorrect in either of your two previous end results, I think you've possibly just proven my earlier point. We've got two people who have done fairly basic comparisons using various photos; but who have more or less got different results.

Honestly I do think the unmasked headsculpt appears off, but as to exactly what it is :dunno

I just hope this thread doesn't go the way of Prime 1's 1/2 scale Joker (or any OT SW statue), whereby for months it was a few collectors continuing to critique the facesculpt for inaccuracies, swamping those that tried to say something positive about the statue. As true as it may have been I hope this thread is more respectful to all opinions on the matter.

But if there are inaccuracies as the 'majority' of collectors/individuals see it, I hope they're seen to. Prime 1 did make alterations to the Affleck headsculpt, so there's always hope for those that want changes.

I own the P1 Joker and never saw anything but legitimate criticism here and the people who point out flaws get likewise swamped by those who think everything is awesome.

As for this statue, the sculpt looks pretty good imo but i was hoping for an alternative sculpt with a more vivid expression. I also would have preferred him holding the EMP rifle instead of the grapnel gun but that's just me. The unmasked portrait is much better than what Hot Toys and Enterbay gave us so I'm overall fine with it.

My main gripe is still the pose, it looks like a HT figure straight out of the packaging. Very unnatural.

I own the P1 Joker and never saw anything but legitimate criticism here and the people who point out flaws get likewise swamped by those who think everything is awesome.

As for this statue, the sculpt looks pretty good imo but i was hoping for an alternative sculpt with a more vivid expression. I also would have preferred him holding the EMP rifle instead of the grapnel gun but that's just me. The unmasked portrait is much better than what Hot Toys and Enterbay gave us so I'm overall fine with it.

My main gripe is still the pose, it looks like a HT figure straight out of the packaging. Very unnatural.

My issue with that particular thread was that it was the same 2-3 posters repeating the same inaccuracies (as true as they were) ad nauseamn, in response to someones post that they appreciated the statue. Sort of like what I'm doing here :slap I'll cease now.

But back on point, the pose, if you could call it a pose, is fairly basic. And oddly enough I actually prefer the look where he's not holding the grapple gun. I never thought I would ever say that.

I'm with Tyranus here.

This, along with their 1/2 statue of Keaton bats (if it ever happens) were going to be my last ever buys since I stopped collecting a long time ago.

The Batman HS is complete and utter trash. It looks like the WWE's Undertaker is behind the mask. Those eyes are a joke. Unbelievable for one has come to expect from P1. The Bale HS is OK, not great. Could be miles better.

I have to honestly wonder: Maybe (I'm not an sculptor) the TDK head is extremely hard to sculpt based on how the body is posed, as the suit is so articulated. I simply have never seen the "perfect" TDK figure/statue.

Different with Keaton Bats. The HT figure was perfect.

Different with BB bats. The EB figure was perfect.

TDK? All attempts have been mediocre at best, and while SS nails the HS, it fails miserably at everything else.

As it is?

PASS!

What a letdown.

I'm with Tyranus here.

This, along with their 1/2 statue of Keaton bats (if it ever happens) were going to be my last ever buys since I stopped collecting a long time ago.

The Batman HS is complete and utter trash. It looks like the WWE's Undertaker is behind the mask. Those eyes are a joke. Unbelievable for one has come to expect from P1. The Bale HS is OK, not great. Could be miles better.

I have to honestly wonder: Maybe (I'm not an sculptor) the TDK head is extremely hard to sculpt based on how the body is posed, as the suit is so articulated. I simply have never seen the "perfect" TDK figure/statue.

Different with Keaton Bats. The HT figure was perfect.

Different with BB bats. The EB figure was perfect.

TDK? All attempts have been mediocre at best, and while SS nails the HS, it fails miserably at everything else.

As it is?

PASS!

What a letdown.

I think the masked hs is on par with the QS Hot Toys one, but the lifeless expression bothers me. And the pose is just a joke.

Like you said, Sideshow's sculpt is amazing (the best one I've seen so far) and the only thing that ruins it (at least for me) is again the weird pose so I think it is possible to make a close to perfect Dark Knight statue, they just made bad decisions.

I was really looking forward to this, but decided to buy affleck bats instead, which is ironic since TDKR is on of my favorites and SQ and JL are my least favorite batman movies. But I like the suit, and the statue itself looks just superior.

Based on what I’ve seen, Affleck seems to be much easier to sculpt.

Again, I’m not a sculptor, but one must wonder why a perfect Bale Batman collectible (TDK/TDKR suit) is so damn hard to accomplish in this day and age.

It is not a nitpick like saying, the elbow is wrong, or the cape is too long. But when the actual HS, that Bale eye expression is totally not there, it seriously just looks like someone else is cosplaying Batman.

This is not even good enough territory, this is a complete fail.

When SSC can do a better HS, something is drastically wrong.

Come on P1, you can surely do better than this. First it was that joke of a HL Joker. Now this.

The last resort is XM, I hope they ever get to work with the license.

Back